topher

Tool Vinyl BUYING GUIDE (Original/Boots, etc.)

4 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

How many innocent people have been Me Too'd? 

Conor Oberst is the only one thats come to mind. 

And how many guilty people have been Me Too'd? I don't see the evidence. 

Take into account the damage that has been caused as a result of people jumping on that bandwagon, there are a TON of people who have been accused for sexually harassing someone simply for giving someone a compliment, or a chick who lacked the spine to simply say she wasn't interested.

People love to be victims.

9 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Nah, Ive seen his posts here and at other forums and I've found him annoying. 

Well ti msi m mons my pedigree chum, those two words have very different meanings. Perhaps you should consider using the ignore function, I certainly would if I found someone insufferable; annoying I can handle.

Edited by dobyblue

1 minute ago, AnimosityDK said:

Take into account the damage that has been caused as a result of people jumping on that bandwagon, there are a TON of people who have been accused for sexually harassing someone simply for giving someone a compliment, or a chick who lacked the spine to simply say she wasn't interested.

Ok, I see how this is. I'm clearly not gonna convince you. 

The most fascinating part about the metoo stuff (NOT referring to the horrible shit) is how effectively the entertainment industry has been at hiding all this. People in this thread surprised security vetted groupies? What did you think they were doing backstage? Xbox? Go Fish? What part of "rockstar lifestyle" were you not understanding? (not to defend it, of course). 

I hope MJK is found innocent here, for everyone's sake. If not I hope he goes to court. Fair's fair and law is law. (I'll still take the records. First dibs. I really missed out on the kneejerk Brand New fiasco)

You have to remember that half of the actresses who cried sexual assault still work in the industry, if the assault was so severe, what kept them from leaving?

Money, of course. So now they get to make bank, on top of being a victim of a few compliments and the occasional shower they ended up stepping in because the cash pile was too big to say no to.

3 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Ok, I see how this is. I'm clearly not gonna convince you. 

Men have been flirty from the dawn of time, so no, you're not going to convince me at all. Now if we're talking rape, it's very much a different story. But you have yet to give me the list of people who have been rightfully accused.

29 minutes ago, AnimosityDK said:

You have to remember that half of the actresses who cried sexual assault still work in the industry, if the assault was so severe, what kept them from leaving?

Money, of course. So now they get to make bank, on top of being a victim of a few compliments and the occasional shower they ended up stepping in because the cash pile was too big to say no to.

So they should leave a career they love because of the behaviour of a bunch of guys who can't help themselves? Right... 

1 hour ago, AnimosityDK said:

The sheer ignorance in this sentence is staggering

1 hour ago, AnimosityDK said:

Wow, it's almost as if we need money to survive in this world. 

just throwing my worthless 2 cents in.. I accept that 18+ years ago this happened and that the groupie idea was a lot more prevalent then than it seems to be now. I accept that unfortunately back then, sometimes the women involved are underage because unfortunately sometimes it happens (totally the fault of the stage personnel and artist involved for not finding out the age beforehand, dude's security could have followed through with it), but let's say for example that they did their due diligence and she had a fake ID saying she was over 18. She got up and walked out. Good for her honestly. 

Again though this was almost 20 years ago. Seeing interviews with the dude now and looking at what he's done since, it seems like those days are far far behind him. So what's the point of making him look bad now? If a bunch of women came out now and said he has been doing the same shit backstage during the recent shows he'd played that would be a totally different story. 

Edited by roadmonkey

Women have been afraid to speak up about sexual assault/harassment/abuse forever.  So until millions of innocent men are harmed, "me too" has not gone too far.

"Innocent until proven guilty" applies to a court of law. Where it's not uncommon for the guilty to be found innocent and vice versa. So that is irrelevant horsehit.

Maynard has always been a piece of shit creep. This story is pretty believable and with the way dudes on the internet have been reacting to this, the victim was right to remain anonymous. Fuck that Blue Lives Matter shithead and his music.

13 minutes ago, roadmonkey said:

just throwing my worthless 2 cents in.. I accept that 18+ years ago this happened and that the groupie idea was a lot more prevalent then than it seems to be now. I accept that unfortunately back then, sometimes the women involved are underage because unfortunately sometimes it happens (totally the fault of the stage personnel and artist involved for not finding out the age beforehand, dude's security could have followed through with it), but let's say for example that they did their due diligence and she had a fake ID saying she was over 18. She got up and walked out. Good for her honestly. 

Again though this was almost 20 years ago. Seeing interviews with the dude now and looking at what he's done since, it seems like those days are far far behind him. So what's the point of making him look bad now? If a bunch of women came out now and said he has been doing the same shit backstage during the recent shows he'd played that would be a totally different story. 

Time does not forgive rape.

10 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Women have been afraid to speak up about sexual assault/harassment/abuse forever.  So until millions of innocent men are harmed, "me too" has not gone too far.

"Innocent until proven guilty" applies to a court of law. Where it's not uncommon for the guilty to be found innocent and vice versa. So that is irrelevant horsehit.

Maynard has always been a piece of shit creep. This story is pretty believable and with the way dudes on the internet have been reacting to this, the victim was right to remain anonymous. Fuck that Blue Lives Matter shithead and his music.

This is why you're one of my favorite users.

2 hours ago, AnimosityDK said:

Jesus Christ. What the fuck is wrong with you? Why should they leave? You are a garbage piece of shit. How can you have such little empathy for these women? Do you hate all women?

4 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Man you have such a shitty bitter attitude. God damn. I don't think this story is unbelievable in the slightest but that doesn't mean I believe an anonymous twitter.

You don't care if he's actually guilty. You just don't like him. I'm not gonna fight about it but this is a real asshole thing to say.

sooooo What does all this have to do with vinyl records? if you really want to have this conversation could you take it to a proper place?

From the rules:

This isn't a forum for 'witch hunts'. If you have a personal issue with a band, artist, label, or individual please don't attempt to use VC as a personal army.

Edited by elburabure