Tool Vinyl BUYING GUIDE (Original/Boots, etc.)

6 minutes ago, highfives said:

I really hope no one wants 10,000 Days part 2 because it’s their worst album.

5 minutes ago, ntslash said:

I thought most people disliked 10,000 Days. And this track sounds exactly like 10,000 Days part 2 to me. 

Whaaaat?? News to me. It's by far my fav album of theirs. I didn't realize people thought this.

3 minutes ago, justin_cole12 said:

Whaaaat?? News to me. It's by far my fav album of theirs. I didn't realize people thought this.

I guess it depends on when you became a Tool fan.  Anyone whose entry point was Lateralus seems to love 10,000 Days or at least doesn't think it's bad.  

After the progression from Undertow > Aenima > Laterlaus, the expected progress for 10,000 Days was pretty huge.  When it dropped and ended up being basically a Lateralus b-sides record, people were disappointed.  I mean, for at least a couple of weeks people thought they were fake songs.

Port of Sound says the same thing:

Fear Inoculum (CD bundle)

THIS ITEM WILL NOT SHIP UNTIL THE RELEASE DATE OF : 8/30/2019

**MULTIPLE ITEM ORDERS THAT CONTAIN A PRE-ORDER WILL NOT SHIP UNTIL THE RELEASE DATE OF THE PRE-ORDER**

RCA Records - 
      • Limited Edition Tri-fold Soft Pack Video Brochure featuring: CD (79 minutes of music), 4” HD rechargeable screen with exclusive video footage, charging cable, 2 watt speaker & 36 page book + MP3 download card (89 minutes of music)
*Tracklist TBA
**Vinyl TBA

It's a new studio album from a big name artist, they're not going to forego the sales of the only market that's seen year over year growth 10+ years in a row now.

EDIT - makes sense there might be a 2CD deluxe edition also, given the mp3 download mentions 89 mins of music.

Edited by dobyblue

7 minutes ago, Skacel said:

Pretty expensive. HMV has this up for £79.99

I am being quoted about £54 shipped to UK from amazon.com, looks like that's the winner so far.

Try Amazon.ca, shipped (shipping = CDN$ 15.98) works out to around £49.35 (CDN$ 79.88) according to xe's currency rates.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07VGTYTBF

Edited by dobyblue

1 minute ago, mrdoctor said:

Good price, but 6-8 weeks for delivery. That's a slooooow courier. 

That's just covering their butts, goes across the Atlantic and tranfers to Royal Mail same as USPS does. Don't know why they put such absurd transit times. I've ordered cheapie shipping to here from UK, DE, ES, IT and FR and never taken more than 2-3 weeks regular mail.

Of course if you're wanting it more quickly, Amazon US' courier options for expedited/express/etc will definitely be cheaper. I can send a record from Buffalo, NY to UK same price as it costs me from Toronto > Montreal. Canada Post rates are ridiculous.

The video could very easily just be some shitty Instagram loop of the album art.  Like a 2-3 second animation that cycles endlessly.  I think that if anyone is expecting a fully designed visual experience to be played alongside the album, they may be disappointed.  Also more power to you for staring at 4” screen for 85 minutes, if that’s your thing.

13 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

The video could very easily just be some shitty Instagram loop of the album art.  Like a 2-3 second animation that cycles endlessly.  I think that if anyone is expecting a fully designed visual experience to be played alongside the album, they may be disappointed.  Also more power to you for staring at 4” screen for 85 minutes, if that’s your thing.

I'll be surprised if it isn't anything but that album teaser video they put up on Instagram.  

Pretty underwhelmed with the new track, unfortunately. Finding it odd how far back in the mix MJK's vocals are. Figured it'd only last for a minute in the intro and they'd come in big and aggressive, but he kinda just hangs back there moaning indiscriminately for the entire song. Actually a lot of the mix is weird, especially at the end when the volume jumps around. Even switched over to my external DAC to make sure it wasn't my PC reproducing it shittily. Finding the guitars lacking anything real interesting either unfortunately. Sounds like myself (a shitty guitarist) jamming with a heavy fuzz pedal on. Hoping things pick up with the rest of the album or at that it at least doesn't sound like an amateur mixed it.

59 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Also more power to you for staring at 4” screen for 85 minutes, if that’s your thing.

I am an old man with surround sound and a BluRay player, but isn’t this roughly how an entire generation consumes most of their visual media?