topher

Tool Vinyl BUYING GUIDE (Original/Boots, etc.)

The video could very easily just be some shitty Instagram loop of the album art.  Like a 2-3 second animation that cycles endlessly.  I think that if anyone is expecting a fully designed visual experience to be played alongside the album, they may be disappointed.  Also more power to you for staring at 4” screen for 85 minutes, if that’s your thing.

13 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

The video could very easily just be some shitty Instagram loop of the album art.  Like a 2-3 second animation that cycles endlessly.  I think that if anyone is expecting a fully designed visual experience to be played alongside the album, they may be disappointed.  Also more power to you for staring at 4” screen for 85 minutes, if that’s your thing.

I'll be surprised if it isn't anything but that album teaser video they put up on Instagram.  

Very middle of the road track. Certainly sounds like 1990's Tool, though I'm not sure that's a good thing in 2019....

Trying to not get caught up in my HS nostalgia and measure it against those albums.

It's hard to no equate this to a fan service track...

Pretty underwhelmed with the new track, unfortunately. Finding it odd how far back in the mix MJK's vocals are. Figured it'd only last for a minute in the intro and they'd come in big and aggressive, but he kinda just hangs back there moaning indiscriminately for the entire song. Actually a lot of the mix is weird, especially at the end when the volume jumps around. Even switched over to my external DAC to make sure it wasn't my PC reproducing it shittily. Finding the guitars lacking anything real interesting either unfortunately. Sounds like myself (a shitty guitarist) jamming with a heavy fuzz pedal on. Hoping things pick up with the rest of the album or at that it at least doesn't sound like an amateur mixed it.

59 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Also more power to you for staring at 4” screen for 85 minutes, if that’s your thing.

I am an old man with surround sound and a BluRay player, but isn’t this roughly how an entire generation consumes most of their visual media?

2 minutes ago, fondfarewell said:

I am an old man with surround sound and a BluRay player, but isn’t this roughly how an entire generation consumes most of their visual media?

I watch most of my videos on a 27” desktop display or a mobile device that’s substantially larger than 4”, but I don’t want to speak for everyone else.

I'll admit it is a bit gimmicky, but I don't see how they could've one up their previous albums' CD packaging any other way. This a limited run. So I can see a standard CD eventually. But what we're all really waiting for is the vinyl edition. Adam's a very artistic person so I'm betting this is gonna be pretty special. Perhaps maybe even different cover art. Although the current image would look just stunning on a gatefold sleeve! I can't wait to see the rest of the artwork!

54 minutes ago, fondfarewell said:

Thank you and bless ye! Always happy to see others out there that care about video quality and audio fidelity. I upgraded last December to 4K, Panasonic 65" 4K OLED, Sony X800 which allows DVD-Audio and SACD playback also, and bumped my 5.2 system to 5.2.4 Atmos/dts:X-capable with the addition of four Pioneer Atmos modules. Bought my first Blu-ray in 2006. The new 4K Ultra HD format is the single biggest upgrade in quality from one format generation to the next I've witnessed in my lifetime, HDR on an OLED rules.

8 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Don’t do this.  Typical SRC jumping the gun to grab a quick buck.  Truly the most clueless distro I’ve ever seen.

Yeah but more importantly, it's not actually up. Dude is just continuing the "giant douche hijacking this thread" theme he had going for him. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, fondfarewell said:

Was waiting for someone to say this, that original comment was incredibly stupid for that reason alone 

not as as stupid as everything the massive tool above me posts but it was close. If Derek is 16 he can at least spell “you”

Edited by holyvacantsholyhell

3 minutes ago, JFC1549 said:

On a records  forum? Are u 16 also? 

What is your obsession with needing people to be 16?  Given your low-effort trolling and sense of humor, you’re either a teenager looking for similarly aged friends online, or a washed-up pedophile, prowling a Tool thread in hopes of grooming someone still in high school.  Which is it?