Jump to content
topher

Tool Vinyl BUYING GUIDE (Original/Boots, etc.)

Recommended Posts

Just now, mcpherson123 said:

I thought this thing was up on a dropbox. I really gotta install an .exe for this?

I don’t think we’re allowed to shuffle around direct links to leaks, but I can say with confidence you’ll never have to fish for any sort of hookup if you take the time to install that and learn the ropes.

 

As far as I know the album isn’t in any accessible, public Dropbox folder at the moment.  A slow-ass .zip download is the alternative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I don’t think we’re allowed to shuffle around direct links to leaks, but I can say with confidence you’ll never have to fish for any sort of hookup if you take the time to install that and learn the ropes.

 

As far as I know the album isn’t in any accessible, public Dropbox folder at the moment.  A slow-ass .zip download is the alternative.

The go-to leak site tends to always work for me. I don’t wanna get banned so I’ll just say it’s a real kingdom for leaked albums 

Edited by holyvacantsholyhell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I don’t think we’re allowed to shuffle around direct links to leaks, but I can say with confidence you’ll never have to fish for any sort of hookup if you take the time to install that and learn the ropes.

 

As far as I know the album isn’t in any accessible, public Dropbox folder at the moment.  A slow-ass .zip download is the alternative.

I hear ya'. I just haven't used Soulseek in about 15 years (or more) and it looked like a bunch of dudes here got PM'd a link so I guess I was just expecting someone might come through with that. No biggie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Satan said:

You've been waiting since you were 8? 

 

🤔

Yes, I had the 10,000 days CD when it came out and was looking through the 3D lens almost every day for months to come, is it hard to believe an 8 year old listened to Tool? Especially when 14 years ago Tool actually got radio play where I live. (Los Angeles)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just started really listening to Tool fairly recently. Not sure why it took so long for them to finally click with me, but I think this album is really good. For perspective (and to potentially disappoint the "die hards"), 10,000 Days is probably my favorite album of theirs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even the local record stores are posting that they can’t do preorders and what few copies they’re getting are “first come first serve” and no holds and show up early when they open and fight it out with other fans and you’re shit out of luck at the end of the day. 

 

Oh. Fuckin’. Well. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, morfiend said:

Once the hype dies down I don't see this being very hard to track down, especially once the vinyl copies come out. Btw, you can currently get the 10,000 Days special edition CD for under $10 on discogs (near-mint at least) if that means anything lol.

Yeah but this one’s got an LED display the size of a business card, so...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, morfiend said:

Once the hype dies down I don't see this being very hard to track down, especially once the vinyl copies come out. Btw, you can currently get the 10,000 Days special edition CD for under $10 on discogs (near-mint at least) if that means anything lol.

Last I checked, Amazon was still selling new copies of the special edition 10,000 Days CD for 10 bucks. I snagged one about a year ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Reshiram said:

Yes, I had the 10,000 days CD when it came out and was looking through the 3D lens almost every day for months to come, is it hard to believe an 8 year old listened to Tool? Especially when 14 years ago Tool actually got radio play where I live. (Los Angeles)

So. At 8, you probably can count to 50., 75 if you're lucky.

You were actively pleading to your parents that you want another tool album?

 

Just trying to set the record straight. 

 

That wouldve been "Now That's What I Call Music vol 26" 

 

 

Sure you dont have this twisted around?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Satan said:

So. At 8, you probably can count to 50., 75 if you're lucky.

You were actively pleading to your parents that you want another tool album?

 

Just trying to set the record straight. 

 

That wouldve been "Now That's What I Call Music vol 26" 

 

 

Sure you dont have this twisted around?

At 8 I was telling my parents what a Googolplex was. At 8, my first born was telling me that a Googolplex is no longer the biggest defined number and it’s now a googolplexian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Satan said:

So. At 8, you probably can count to 50., 75 if you're lucky.

You were actively pleading to your parents that you want another tool album?

 

Just trying to set the record straight. 

 

That wouldve been "Now That's What I Call Music vol 26" 

 

 

Sure you dont have this twisted around?

Why the fuck do I have to prove to you what I did at 8 years old, this fucken board sometimes, I swear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Reshiram said:

Why the fuck do I have to prove to you what I did at 8 years old, this fucken board sometimes, I swear.

Did you even know all your times tables, you fucken slacker!? Huh, did ya? Bet you didn't know 6, 7, or 8s, loser! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×