Tool Vinyl BUYING GUIDE (Original/Boots, etc.)

Hey no offence taken...

The pic was really just a quick thing as I'd kinda forgotten what I had and how many! I didn't really intend to post it here but thought some of the guys might be interested.

Yeah a lot of them are doubles/triples. It's really to stop me buying anything I have two or more of on eBay! ;-) I think I had 5 copies of Prison Sex on 12" a one time...

I'll probably do some better pics at some point. I don't think I'm missing much (volcano re-presses and signed lateralus aside).

Always happy to talk about trades, I normally buy rather than sell but hey just let me know what you have in mind.

• 5 weeks later...

Laterlaus sounds really good considering. I'd love to hear an audiophile version... ideally reconfigured into the better (correct?) Fibonacci sequence... But seeing how Tool can't be bother to press Aenima (again) or 10,000 Days (ever), I don't see that happening.

Maybe Maynard should throw in an original Aenima record with every case of his wine.

Decent sound quality and worth $35 IMO.

Agreed. That's about what I paid, and I don't regret it. Sound quality isn't too bad, plus it has all the artwork that OG copies have.

Great work on this post. I hate purchasing stuff from artists I don't know a whole lot about and this helps me out a ton. Thank you very much!

No problem. :)

Decent sound quality and worth $35 IMO.

Agreed. That's about what I paid, and I don't regret it. Sound quality isn't too bad, plus it has all the artwork that OG copies have.

Thanks guys. I was out of town when I saw it, so I emailed the shop yesterday and he's gonna let me do a mailorder on it, so i went ahead and pulled the trigger. Who knows if we'll ever see a legit repress.

Thanks guys. I was out of town when I saw it, so I emailed the shop yesterday and he's gonna let me do a mailorder on it, so i went ahead and pulled the trigger. Who knows if we'll ever see a legit repress.

The one with the printed versions of the liners is nice but don't pay anything over retail.  The og press is a different master and has a locked groove on side A.  

The one with the printed versions of the liners is nice but don't pay anything over retail.  The og press is a different master and has a locked groove on side A.  

it was $39 shipped. i haven't been able to find it that cheap anywhere else (heck, this is the first time i've ever seen a copy in person - bootleg or otherwise). it's also sealed, so i'm not sure what color the vinyl is or what kind of liner notes it has. the only thing i know for certain is that it's NOT an OG press

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. I had made a posting on a Aenima vinyl info about test pressing and someone recommended I hang out in this room. I am glad he did.

If anybody is wondering about anything released by tool, CD's cassettes, clothing, ect. .

I will add my posting in this forum ..

Nice to meet you all

The very first pressing of Aenima was released Sept 17, 1996. Under zoo entertainment. This test pressing exist and is numbered on the back of a normal Aenima jacket . It did not come in a white sleeve. Interesting fact is Aenima release dat was Oct 1st 1996, on compact disc. Weird but true.

There was a second pressing done on Dec 31st , 1996 by RTI Records.

The label on the back of this jacket says Zoo Entertainment/BMG. (The retail copy )

This test pressing did come in white die cut sleeves and yes it was sealed.

Now the classic records auction above was something done in 2001, 200 g remastered vinyl. For some reason it was never released.

Original these copies sold for $400 online.

What you see above is test pressing by classic records. pressed but never was released. It was discovered when they liquidated. Another company purchased classic records. I am not a expert on the history of classic records however I am on Tool merchandise .

Hope I helped a few people . I signed up to this site just to type this message lol.

SPIRAL out

The very first pressing of Aenima was released Sept 17, 1996. Under zoo entertainment. This test pressing exist and is numbered on the back of a normal Aenima jacket . It did not come in a white sleeve. Interesting fact is Aenima release dat was Oct 1st 1996, on compact disc. Weird but true.

There was a second pressing done on Dec 31st , 1996 by RTI Records.

The label on the back of this jacket says Zoo Entertainment/BMG. (The retail copy )

This test pressing did come in white die cut sleeves and yes it was sealed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tool-Aenima-2LP-Test-Pressing-SS-/151031279107?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item232a2a6e03

Now the classic records auction above was something done in 2001, 200 g remastered vinyl. For some reason it was never released.

Original these copies sold for $400 online.

What you see above is test pressing by classic records. pressed but never was released. It was discovered when they liquidated. Another company purchased classic records. I am not a expert on the history of classic records however I am on Tool merchandise .

Hope I helped a few people . I signed up to this site just to type this message lol.

SPIRAL out

tumblr_mefrv2mBqp1rabirgo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mefrr95jlr1rabirgo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mefrr95jlr1rabirgo2_250.jpgtumblr_mefrr95jlr1rabirgo3_250.jpg

If wizzi can take some better pics of the labels when his copy shows up, that'd be nice. Won't show up on my camera.

thanks Topher :) The sleeve art, as has been explained, looks pretty much exactly the same as the OG. You mentioned the labels; does yours have the OG art on those too?