Tool Vinyl BUYING GUIDE (Original/Boots, etc.)

1 hour ago, mcpherson123 said:

I didn't know it was going to turn out to be scarce. There was no illustration that this would be so limited and difficult to come by in brick and mortar.

Really? None? Not like... 13 years and dozens of thread pages of illustration?

35 minutes ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

Really? None? Not like... 13 years and dozens of thread pages of illustration?

How exactly do the interval from the last album release and the dozens of thread pages of you trolling people who like Tool make any prophecy or guaranteed informative statement about the literal quantitative limitation of the physical product inside physical stores? Please effectively make this case for me.

There has never been a scarceness of a brand new Tool CD inside stores on release date until this one right here. I foolishly banked on that.

22 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

How exactly do the interval from the last album release and the dozens of thread pages of you trolling people who like Tool make any prophecy or guaranteed informative statement about the literal quantitative limitation of the physical product inside physical stores? Please effectively make this case for me.

There has never been a scarceness of a brand new Tool CD inside stores on release date until this one right here. I foolishly banked on that.

Ok now I can't tell if you're trolling all of us. 

32 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

I understand why you would be frustrated based on past great experiences. It was really cool being able to go to a store and grab a cd or lp  from a wall with dozens of copies, waiting in line to buy with other eager fans, dying to dive into and discover the new album by one of your favorite bands. Unfortunately, we don’t get that opportunity much anymore. The only thing we can do is make sure we work whatever system is in place to ensure we get what we want. Most of the time these days it means preordering. Sucks you had to learn it the hard way on this one. Hopefully you find a copy. Rumors are flying about a second press or a standard CD. 

2 minutes ago, kannibal said:

I understand why you would be frustrated based on past great experiences. It was really cool being able to go to a store and grab a cd or lp  from a wall with dozens of copies, waiting in line to buy with other eager fans, dying to dive into and discover the new album by one of your favorite bands. Unfortunately, we don’t get that opportunity much anymore. The only thing we can do is make sure we work whatever system is in place to ensure we get what we want. Most of the time these days it means preordering. Sucks you had to learn it the hard way on this one. Hopefully you find a copy. Rumors are flying about a second press or a standard CD. 

Thank you for having at least the basic mental prowess and ability to actually engage in discourse. People of your caliber are becoming increasingly scarce (just like the FI deluxe CD) these days. I understand that physical music can become difficult to come by but I've never had a problem when it comes to an artist of Tool's level of notoriety. Up until this release, the only issues I've had getting my hands on physical music have been because a band was too obscure to be in the mainstream markets like Target or other places that have picked up vinyl recently or the vinyl production was backed up in the plants because of The (fucking) Beatles circa 2012-2013.

I'm sure it didn't help matters that this package was so much more expensive than normal CD releases but a lot of comparably priced box sets have been incredibly plentiful from artists of similar note and in the not so distant past. I expect it to be difficult to get the vinyl of most of the artists I like even if the titles are in print when it comes to major retail outlets but I honestly believed I was going to be okay with this one. Lesson learned. I don't mean to harp on it but thank you for being understanding when most of the other replies have simply been sad cunts cunting sadly at me.

2 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

Thank you for having at least the basic mental prowess and ability to actually engage in discourse. People of your caliber are becoming increasingly scarce (just like the FI deluxe CD) these days. I understand that physical music can become difficult to come by but I've never had a problem when it comes to an artist of Tool's level of notoriety. Up until this release, the only issues I've had getting my hands on physical music have been because a band was too obscure to be in the mainstream markets like Target or other places that have picked up vinyl recently or the vinyl production was backed up in the plants because of The (fucking) Beatles circa 2012-2013.

I'm sure it didn't help matters that this package was so much more expensive than normal CD releases but a lot of comparably priced box sets have been incredibly plentiful from artists of similar note and in the not so distant past. I expect it to be difficult to get the vinyl of most of the artists I like even if the titles are in print when it comes to major retail outlets but I honestly believed I was going to be okay with this one. Lesson learned. I don't mean to harp on it but thank you for being understanding when most of the other replies have simply been sad cunts cunting sadly at me.

::sigh:: We get it, dude. I typically try to ignore all the long-winded complaints you post because I genuinely like you, at least as much as you can like some rando from the internet, but we get it. We get it.

Just now, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

::sigh:: We get it, dude. I typically try to ignore all the long-winded complaints you post because I genuinely like you, at least as much as you can like some rando from the internet, but we get it. We get it.

I appreciate the effort but is it really so difficult to live with me having a conversation specifically with other people? I didn't tag or quote anyone who wasn't involved. The person I replied to was talking about what I was talking about. I replied in kind about the topic. Its that simple. I really don't get what is wrong with conversation and why people can't just ignore the parts they don't care for. No offense. I just don't get why you would get involved if you don't like the discussion.

5 minutes ago, rooks said:

insufferable

Why torture yourself? Block me, bro. I never was talking to you at all. Don't butt in and don't address me if you don't like the discussions I have with other members. Or if you just want to keep chiming in with your disgust for my use of words that are hard and ideas you don't sympathize with, go nuts. The choice is yours.

2 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

Why torture yourself? Block me, bro. I never was talking to you at all. Don't butt in and don't address me if you don't like the discussions I have with other members. Or if you just want to keep chiming in with your disgust for my use of words that are hard and ideas you don't sympathize with, go nuts. The choice is yours.

My sadomasochistic tendencies are mine own to indulge as heartily as one might. Perchance you may recompense my barbed exchanges with additional interminable and wearisome diatribes about the readily available nature of compact discs in the current age.   I implore you, as I am exquisitely approaching the  climactic finale to this nearly unbearable crescendo of Sesquipedalian speeches. Expatiate for me paterfamilias.

8 minutes ago, rooks said:

My sadomasochistic tendencies are mine own to indulge as heartily as one might. Perchance you may recompense my barbed exchanges with additional interminable and wearisome diatribes about the readily available nature of compact discs in the current age.   I implore you, as I am exquisitely approaching the  climactic finale to this nearly unbearable crescendo of Sesquipedalian speeches. Expatiate for me paterfamilias.

Now was that so difficult?

BTdubs: I didn't need to look up "Sesquipedalian." I've known it's meaning since about 2003 when it was first sent to me in the dictionary.com Word of The Day mailing list.

I went to my local just now and all I had to do was show them I didn't have my head up my ass to get a copy. Definitely sounds better in my car CD player than what I was listening to on Spotify. Here's a download code if anyone wants it.

20190903-152331.jpg

5 minutes ago, rooks said:

Unnnnggghhh, I'm so close. Now, tell me about how you only listen to sub-180 gram black vinyl. 

Good sir! For I would never do such a thing. That information has already been relayed via my signature diatribe that makes trolls cry.

And if we're being fair about it, just because I like it sub-180 doesn't mean I can always find the title I seek on a vinyl pressing that necessarily IS sub-180 so unfortunately for me, I still end up listening to LP's that are 180 or above. Some are even colored because the title never got pressed on black or the black edition was too hard to find... but here I go... repeating shit from my signature just like you sought. You got me, sir. I should have seen it coming.

4 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

I went to my local just now and all I had to do was show them I didn't have my head up my ass to get a copy. Definitely sounds better in my car CD player than what I was listening to on Spotify. Here's a download code if anyone wants it.

20190903-152331.jpg

I'll give you $4000 for it.

9 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

On topic or not, this shit is why I log in.  Tool thread is back.  Thanks guys.

Hey, this is all your fault. You asked me a question and I rudely explained myself and now everyone is mad at me for talking. And for answering follow up questions. You did this.....

gn-gift_guide_variable_c.jpg