Tool Vinyl BUYING GUIDE (Original/Boots, etc.)

tool opiate with NO Parental Advisory? First pressing?

Opiate: 3 pressings. All official, no boots (to my knowledge).

- 1st pressing is worth a pretty penny, printed inner sleeve, BLACK center labels. "Parental Advisory" sticker on jacket. "Tool - Opiate" on spine. $50-$70.

- 2nd and 3rd are pretty similar, generic inner sleeve, white center label. Cover artwork is off-colored, and a little blurry in relation to the OP. 2nd one you can pick up for $15ish, 3rd is all over the place for less than $10.

Lateralus $28.49 Bestbuy http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lateralus-lp-pa-vinyl/9869572.p?id=1838463&skuId=9869572&st=Lateralus&lp=2&cp=1

Also, according to discogs http://www.discogs.com/Tool-Lateralus/release/513594

"It exist two pressings with same artwork, only the clear vinyl media surface show statable differences. They can be identified by the runout etchings. Variation 2 has also a lower groove distance and therefore more runout area."

Hey guys, I have stumbled into a copy of Aenima on vinyl, but I am unsure which I have.  The record is still sealed, so I would hate to cut it open just to figure it out, my guess is an original 2nd pressing.  Here is the info I have and then pictures.

Bar Code: 6 1422-31087-1 1

Backside Bottom: 72445-11087-1

Reads: "The BMG and Zoo Entertainment logos are trademarks of BMG Music • ? © 1996 BMG Music • All Rights Reserved • Manufactured and Distributed by BMG Entertainment, New York, NY • Printed in U.S.A. • 72445-11087-1"

Go Here for all Pictures/Full Size: http://ws6zep89.picturepush.com/album/332979/p-Ebay.html

The spine says Zoo at the "top" at about 3/4" long and then Tool Aenima in the center at about 1.5" long, I can't seem to find a catalog number on the spine and I have very good vision.  Also there are no PA stickers on the album (at least not anymore, if there ever was).

I'm going to sell it, but I want to know what I have before asking someone cash for it.  I'd hate to either A. have a bootleg and have someone pay for a 2nd pressing original or B. have a 2nd pressing and only get paid for a bootleg.

Help me figure out what this is without opening it!

Cover.jpg

Back-Side-2.jpg

Album-Info-1.jpg

Album-Spine.jpg

Yes indeed it's a bootleg for sure.

2 clear clues without opening it : 1/ the shrink wrap in itself (absence of a seam on the back like it was in 1996) 2/the font used on the back bottom (fake font identifiable on the "4" and the "dot" which should be larger and placed on the middle of the line of text)

example of a back bottom from a B pressing 1996 : IMG_3307.jpg

Tool bundle on popmarket today, $39.99 shipped for Laterlaus, Undertow, and Opiate.  Pretty good deal

https://www.popmarket.com/details/29673334?feature_id=29669955

Use LOLLA15 for 15% off, thus making it a fucking phenomenal deal. $34 shipped for all three! Total steal. It's basically like buying Lateralus and buying Undertow and Opiate for free.

did anyone that ordered the bundle from popmarket get the shipping confirmation? mine is still marked as "temporarily backordered"...

I didn't order that bundle but I can tell you Popmarket is a giant pain in the ass. 9 times out of 10 take for ever (this is coming for someone that is extremely patient with mail order). They're also not good with communication. Getting stuff is a 50/50 crap shoot as they oversell every single item they put up. I hope you get your stuff but having the "temp backordered" message is very common. Give them up to a month to ship. Sorry for the bad news and to have to rip Popmarket but they're just terrible. Maybe some lucky people out there have had good luck with Popmarket, but I know many people that share my same opinion about how they operate.

Mine was marked as Temporarily Backorder too, but I got a shipping notice today so hopefully you will too.

I won't  - just got an email that they had problems with charging my credit card. Did they email me to submit my credit card details again or to pay by paypal? nope, they just canceled the order and said I can place a new one. Consdering the fact that the bundle is no longer available that is going to be a "little" bit hard to do. Terrible service, I'm never going to order from popmarket again...