Burial (Hyperdub Records)

"December 17th 2012 will see the publication of a new single by Burial. The release is comprised of two pieces of music, with a combined duration of 25 minutes 32 seconds. It will be available in physical formats on 180 gramme vinyl, and CD. A. One (11.45) B. Two (13.47)

http://boomkat.com/vinyl/624467-burial-one-two

Everyone, start hoarding tinned goods and woollens right now. The infrastructure of your country is about to collapse under the weight of internet traffic following this announcement :)

(that's a +1 from me BTW and, finally, a 180g Burial pressing)

• 3 years later...

this was the only Burial thread I could find, so I figured I'd make it a general release discussion thread (it was a Truant/Rough Sleeper announcement).

Hyperdub is repressing Untrue and s/t on 180g and adding back the ambient tracks that were missing from the first pressing but are on the CDs and DLs.

Hopefully we see something from him this year. All he put out last year is a 1 track 12" that was just OK. 

I may have to snag the represses if I can find a deal on them. Even with the differences, I'm pretty content with my current ones.

Probably won't be any deals for a bit :\ . Even the last run kept a pretty good price up because it's technically an import.

I'm not expecting anything great. Typical UK 2xLP aka no gatefold, and they've stressed so much that it's not a re-issue or remastered. Basically just slapped the missing tracks on there. At the very least that means new plates, right?

Whatever. I sorely missed the tracks they left off both releases, so I had to buy these.

• 3 weeks later...

Im a little miffed, my boomkat order has been shipped for 2 weeks now. They say it takes 25 days for them to declare it officially lost in the mail. So sounds like i will be emailing them again in 2 weeks.

Edit: Nevermind. Package must have taken a detour somewhere, but arrived today in great condition. Both records LOOK excellent. Can't wait to get home and give them both a proper listen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ULTRA_FRONT_copy.jpg?1467118284

HDBCD033 ZOMBY - ULTRA

LP / CD / DIGITAL - 02/09

1. REFLECTION

2. BURST

3. FLY 2 [ ZOMBY & BANSHEE ]

4. E.S.P.

5. I

6. GLASS

7. SWEETZ [ ZOMBY & BURIAL ]

8. HER

9. QUANDARY [ ZOMBY & DARKSTAR ]

10. FREEZE

11. YETI

12. S.D.Y.F. [ ZOMBY & REZZETT ]

13. THAW

[DOWNLOAD ONLY]

14. TENKYUU [ZOMBY & HONG KONG EXPRESS]

HDB103 ZOMBY X BURIAL - SWEETZ

10 INCH VINYL - 29/07

New BURIAL track. First one in a LONG time. Collab with Zomby - looks like a 10 inch is coming 7/29.

53 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

from Rough Trade:

One per person. Long time mutual admirers, Zomby and Burial get together for this one-sided white label taken from Zomby's forthcoming album 'Ultra', with probably the most toxic track from either of their back catalogues to date. Limited to 5000 copies of which we have 3000 for the UK.

Yah, I saw the /5000 listing elsewhere too. The majority of places I saw were also enforcing the 1 per person policy.

Burial stuff goes quick, especially the singles/EPs. And Zomby's got his own following as well. These will be gone.