Burial (Hyperdub Records)

• 5 months later...

I assumed it wasn't gonna get one (at least initially) because all of the tunes are currently available as 12" and 10"s. 

I would like to see a 3-4 LP version though.  Actually I would prefer a new LP or at least another 3-4 Track EP.

Edited by timsimmons

9 minutes ago, Karpatenhunde77 said:

Reading the WIRE review on Burial Tunes 2011-2019 album and it alludes on a vinyl release but I cannot find any information... not even on Discogs. I need this on vinyl.

Do you guys if this will be released soonish? Thx

Dude, you were the one who got my hopes up about that KBD album finally getting released on “vinyl”.  I’m taking everything you say with a grain of salt, haha.

Regarding the 2011-2019 anthology, as a release... I love it.  I own almost all of it on the 12” EPs already, so I didn’t think I was going to give much of a shit about hearing it all strung together.  But man oh man.  I don’t know if it’s simply having more to digest at once — and not having to get up to flip the record or swap it out after every 2 songs, or load another playlist every couple of tracks — but I find it way more immersive to sit down with.  A 3-4 LP set would be amazing.

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

Regarding the 2011-2019 anthology, as a release... I love it.  I own almost all of it on the 12” EPs already, so I didn’t think I was going to give much of a shit about hearing it all strung together.  But man oh man.  I don’t know if it’s simply having more to digest at once — and not having to get up to flip the record or swap it out after every 2 songs, or load another playlist every couple of tracks — but I find it way more immersive to sit down with.  A 3-4 LP set would be amazing.

Same, it's well sequenced too

1 minute ago, daegor said:

Same, it's well sequenced too

Meant to say that, too.  Very much agreed.  The ambient tracks are so good and truly breathe in the scope of the full record.  Whereas I felt sort of “eh” about them when they took up half of each new 12” as they’d get released.  I think they’re just as good if not better than the more active tracks on the compilation.  Going into it as a sprawling ambient record from Burial just feels so much more rewarding to me.

3 minutes ago, Karpatenhunde77 said:

Dunno how to add a screenshot via mobile phone. It says "LP". Regarding KBD, it will come. Know what I saw and the post has been edited.

100%

LP does not always mean vinyl when used outside of the vinyl community, that's not enough for me to think a vinyl release is coming.

Though I'd love it.

To play pessimist... is there a point to it being on vinyl?  Right now this collection is all on vinyl via the singles, while you couldn't replicate the play order it does exists across 7 singles (6x 12", 1x 10").

If you were to keep the sequence as is for the vinyl, and lets say that you want each side less than 22 minutes the sides would look something like this (at 33):
A1. State Forest 07:56    
A2. Beachfires 09:10    
B1. Subtemple 07:23    
B2. Young Death 05:49    
B3. Nightmarket 07:25    
C1. Hiders 04:42    
C2. Come Down To Us 13:07    
D1. Claustro 05:41    
D2. Rival Dealer 10:42    
E1. Kindred 11:26    
E2. Loner 07:28    
F1. Ashtray Wasp 11:45    
G1. Rough Sleeper 13:47    
H1. Truant 11:45    
H2. Street Halo 06:44    
I1. Stolen Dog 06:21    
I2. NYC 07:38

At minimum 5LPs, you could potentially re-sequence/split tracks and get it as low as 4LPs.