Burial (Hyperdub Records)

• 5 months later...
11 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Fuck it, I never bought the new version with all the tracks. Clear is one of my favorite variants and this is one of my favorite albums. 

I have the black version with all tracks and it really makes a difference to the overall flow of the album, the missing tracks really stood out on the previous pressing.

14 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Fuck it, I never bought the new version with all the tracks. Clear is one of my favorite variants and this is one of my favorite albums. 

I’ve specifically chatted with friends about a theoretical clear press of Untrue and how I’d probably drop exorbitant amounts of money on one, especially if it was limited.  I had to put my money where my mouth was, I guess.  /500 is such a small run for an album of this status.

2 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

It looks great.

Imagine if it showed up as that piss-yellow cloudy clear.  Or as a weird vomit-marble.  I’m glad we’re more equipped than ever with some reaction images to deal with that.

2 minutes ago, OneThreeOneTwo said:

27 euros for shipping? Eh, I'll try my luck finding a black copy.

No luck needed, my guy.  Black copies are readily available almost everywhere for dirt cheap.  Check out his bandcamp – I last saw them there at a price that seemed too good to be true.

Shutup Derek.

I've got 2 black copies you can buy for high prices bc v. rare and hard to find. You want 9 tracks or 13?

In other news, I placed an order for this against my better judgment. Do I need 3 copies of this? Not even a little bit. But, on the offchance that these orders get fulfilled, and other variants don't pop up elsewhere... I'd kick myself if I could never get it aftermarket.

6 minutes ago, rooks said:

Shutup Derek.

I've got 2 black copies you can buy for high prices bc v. rare and hard to find. You want 9 tracks or 13?

In other news, I placed an order for this against my better judgment. Do I need 3 copies of this? Not even a little bit. But, on the offchance that these orders get fulfilled, and other variants don't pop up elsewhere... I'd kick myself if I could never get it aftermarket.

giphy.gif

14 minutes ago, ethereal said:

It will be part of this reissue campaign, so likely US retailers soon:

https://www.discogs.com/label/1837443-Concerto-65-Years

I don't think I've ever seen US retailers carry Concerto titles.

Edit: Nevermind, forgot about Madvillainy, but that was essentially just through Stones Throw outside the EU. So maybe 
Hyperdub will sell a few of the copies directly.

Edited by lethalenforcer

5 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

That Madvillainy was released stateside for < $50 PPD I'm pretty sure.  But yeah.  If a significantly cheaper option surfaces, it shouldn't be hard to cancel - these don't ship until mid August.  For an extra $10 though I'd rather just have a copy locked in than sweat a mad dash on a Reddit link.

Madvillainy was also /1000 

Limited to 1000 copies worldwide:
• Stones Throw (200 copies)
• Concerto (400 copies)
• Rough Trade (400 copies)

Wonder if Untrue is really /500 or /500 for Concerto only. The listing does say numbered on the hype sticker.

The other 3 all say /500 Concerto for the entire pressing, so, I wonder if it was just a licensing agreement for Madvillainy or what.

Edited by rooks