Burial (Hyperdub Records)

6 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

I thought $50 was too much for the Four Walls/ Paradise Circus 12", but, well, I'm glad I committed at the time. 

It was too much. And generally I only hurt myself when I don't buy albums out of principle when I know they are going to sell out and go for stupid $$ afterwards.  But I'm stubborn.

37 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

Just got my yellow Madvillainy today, and the presentation of the package + overall sound quality is really swaying me towards taking the plunge on this....

You took it for a spin already?  I was never happy with my black press from years back.  Sound quality leaves a whole lot to be desired so I seldom ever throw it on, and just stick to digital.

What was the die-cut design on the new press?

3 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

You took it for a spin already?  I was never happy with my black press from years back.  Sound quality leaves a whole lot to be desired so I seldom ever throw it on, and just stick to digital.

What was the die-cut design on the new press?

Yep, spinning as we speak! Sounds much better than the black one I got rid of when I ordered the yellow. The die cut is the plugs here that appear in yellow due to the booklet being behind them (discogs image): 

spacer.png

Also looks like the Burial is sold out so my mind was made up for me before I even got a chance, ah well!

43 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

Yep, spinning as we speak! Sounds much better than the black one I got rid of when I ordered the yellow. The die cut is the plugs here that appear in yellow due to the booklet being behind them (discogs image): 

Also looks like the Burial is sold out so my mind was made up for me before I even got a chance, ah well!

That's a cheeky cutout and not at all what I was expecting.  Damn.  Not paying $80+ for a copy now but eager to hunt one down if it sounds as good as you're saying it does.  Kind of wish it was pressed on a translucent red or orange to match the traditional art's square corner, but that's the tiniest of gripes.

And yeah, that Burial looks to be sold out now.  Finally.  Really wonder if they oversold.

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, fish said:

Mine showed up yesterday. I'm still not sure I should have caved and paid $60 for it but it does sound pretty good.

Legitimately surprised you already got yours if you're in the US.  I was gonna' give it another week before starting to get antsy.

And if there's any album worth caving $60 on, it's probably this one.

15 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Legitimately surprised you already got yours if you're in the US.  I was gonna' give it another week before starting to get antsy.

And if there's any album worth caving $60 on, it's probably this one.

17 minutes ago, rooks said:

Ah nice, stateside - right? 2 weeks since the shipping info so I'm guessing it'll show in the next 1-4 weeks :D 

I'm in Michigan. I got an email from them on the 13th with the a tracking number. I had to translate that but I was then able to see package and follow it from NL to the US. It only took 4 days to get from there to Chicago. Then I was able to use that same tracking # on USPS's website to track the US movements. Subject of the email was:

[Mania] Uw bestelling is onderweg

I've been pretty lucky with expedited international shipping lately.  This, my PJ Harvey, and Liam Gallagher Signed LPs all got to me in less than 2 weeks this month.

Edited by fish