Finch - What It Is To Burn 2xLP Hot Topic exclusives

travis

Not playing that game at all. Travis has def said he approves the tests but he also said in that same thrice thread that he requests certain artwork and after that doesn't see it until it arrives in the warehouse. I'm saying Universal/Geffen in this instance are the ones fucking up. How it got out of their art dept is beyond me but complaining that its HT's fault is ridiculous when all they do is retail.

if you're playing the game of you're stupid because you think hot topic is a label try again. i based my comments on thinking hot topic, along with mca/geffen/universal, had some say in the final approval stages. pretty sure travis said he approves tests in at least one of the countless hot topic is pressing (insert album here) threads. from his comment of "this will never happen again" after the Thrice record i assumed someone at hot topic had to give final approval on the art layout along with people at universal.

of course i could be wrong in thinking that or my memory could be wrong. and if someone wants to prove me wrong with actual facts or go digging through old threads to find out travis never said anything along those lines i welcome it.

you dont even have to proof something like this to spot the pixelation. it can be seen on a monitor.

I'd suggest calling your local store but we're all aware of the lack of fucks Hot Topic employees give about any goddamn thing. Just swing by the mall, have a pretzel and an Orange Julius. You deserve it.

the sad part is, i went to the mall, and they told me it was "online only", but as you said, the amount of fucks the HT employees give is little to none, so it was hard for me to believe them, so i came here. 

This looks like someone just took the file from the cd and just scaled them up to LP size in indesign, instead of actually going in and doing it the right way in photoshop. 

lol.

That is pretty funny.  BUT, i personally love that HT(Travis) is releasing this stuff, it's fucking awesome, fuck your pixel bitches. Thanks T!

lol.

That is pretty funny.  BUT, i personally love that HT(Travis) is releasing this stuff, it's fucking awesome, fuck your pixel bitches. Thanks T!

and that sentiment is exactly why the powers at be give zero fucks about the quality of anything. they know some schmuck will still buy it. hell they could literally smear shit all over the cover and many idiots will still buy it.

and that sentiment is exactly why the powers at be give zero fucks about the quality of anything. they know some schmuck will still buy it. hell they could literally smear shit all over the cover and many idiots will still buy it.

The worst part; mo fucka called him 'T' yo!

Regardless of the situation, this pixelation bullshit seems to be only prevalent and passable with HT reissues. No shit these reissues will sell regardless and to be honest I probably won't spend more then 3 minutes looking at the artwork, but that doesn't mean it doesn't suck.

Get it together baby. Damn.

God damn

Who cares about the artwork

If the record itself sounds good and doesn't sound like shit then that's all that should matter

and when everyone said it was pixelated I expected much much worse.

I agree music is overall the most important thing. That being said you have to remember this does have a hefty price tage so I (and others) probably expect a fairly high quality product. The pixelation doesn't bother me a lot in general. I mean if this were $12-15 a little pixelation is really no big deal at all. At the price of 21.99 (+tax & shipping) it seems a little cheap on Hot Topic and the label that pressed this to not fix the artwork and create an all around high quality package.

lol.

Dude Travis from Hot Topic will press anything that might make Hot Topic money so he can keep his job. I'm sure he likes records, but I'm also sure he likes job security. He is working with labels to get stuff done and that's honorable. If this were any small label starting up or a few releases in people would destroy them for messing up an album they really enjoyed. Even if it was just something slightly minor like pixelated artwork.

I think Travis/Hot Topic, labels, etc... should at least recognize that records that come with a fairly high price tag should look as nice as possible.

Welcome Back!

to sum it up: People still think its your/Hot Topic's fault that the cover is pix-elated but people are happy with sound quality.

P.S. Update your Tumblr already damnit!

Dude, no. If you open it it's yours.

I'd like someone's opinion.... honestly... does the new pressing sound noticeably better than the CD or the Drive-Thru LP set?

I'd like someone's opinion.... honestly... does the new pressing sound noticeably better than the CD or the Drive-Thru LP set?

There have been more than enough people in here (on previous pages) that have said, in fact, yes it is. 

I do not have my copy yet but when I do, I will play it and give you my honest opinion (if you don't trust the other ones on this site).

And yes, I own both variants of the original release and those don't sound bad either (minus the lack of title track). From what I have read, in this thread, the sound quality is much improved.

There have been more than enough people in here (on previous pages) that have said, in fact, yes it is. 

I do not have my copy yet but when I do, I will play it and give you my honest opinion (if you don't trust the other ones on this site).

And yes, I own both variants of the original release and those don't sound bad either (minus the lack of title track). From what I have read, in this thread, the sound quality is much improved.

Thank you for your honesty.  Please post, I can wait a bit.  

I did read some positives about the new pressing's sound... but then someone said it was loud... don't know if that means dynamic loud or loudness-war loud.  Clarification greatly appreciated :-)

Welcome Back!

to sum it up: People still think its your/Hot Topic's fault that the cover is pix-elated but people are happy with sound quality.

P.S. Update your Tumblr already damnit!

haha So I've noticed, just read thru this thread right now. I actually just got a copy of the Finch LP this morning so this is the first time I'm seeing it. Not too happy with Universal at this moment.

Not sure when I'll be able to update Tumblr haha, been working on my house and records have been kinda stored away for the moment, I have a ton of stuff to add. Its gonna take forever :unsure:

haha So I've noticed, just read thru this thread right now. I actually just got a copy of the Finch LP this morning so this is the first time I'm seeing it. Not too happy with Universal at this moment.

Not sure when I'll be able to update Tumblr haha, been working on my house and records have been kinda stored away for the moment, I have a ton of stuff to add. Its gonna take forever :unsure:

Please tell me you can convince Universal to allow you to repress Cheshire Cat with Grumpy cat on it... Please please please!