Finch - What It Is To Burn 2xLP Hot Topic exclusives

travis

You three guys are missing the point of contention entirely. Nobody said these were unlistenable, and whatever price the original press went for on eBay doesn't justify shit.

Fact of the matter is, you paid full price for a poor quality product. If you're OK with that then super. It doesn't make it alright and it doesn't make anyone who feels like they didn't get what they were expecting wrong.

Nobody is all fucked up inside about it, let's not be ridiculous. The 'too cool for school - I'm gonna listen to this with sunglasses on, records are for listening to not looking at' attitude is moot. This is a goddamn Finch record, we're all in the same embarrassing boat here.

In fact, to hell with this thread/ release!

I'm happy that Universal won't be doing the audio for SHTS.  I find the mastering of the Universal Special Markets be the largest problem here.  To be honest if it came in a promo jacket and sounded like it was mastered for vinyl... I would love this release (as I do with releases that I own which come in said packaging).

I was listening just yesterday to my Thrice records (Ambulance & Vheissu)... same thing.  They are currently at auction because of this.

I can't fault Hot Topic for not having stringent audio quality standards as that is not their primary concern when selling vinyl releases.

Personally I will buy from Hot Topic again and again, they have excellent customer service.  

Anything made by Universal Special Markets is a must-to-avoid unless noted as an exception to the rule.

You three guys are missing the point of contention entirely. Nobody said these were unlistenable, and whatever price the original press went for on eBay doesn't justify shit.

Fact of the matter is, you paid full price for a poor quality product. If you're OK with that then super. It doesn't make it alright and it doesn't make anyone who feels like they didn't get what they were expecting wrong.

Nobody is all fucked up inside about it, let's not be ridiculous. The 'too cool for school - I'm gonna listen to this with sunglasses on, records are for listening to not looking at' attitude is moot. This is a goddamn Finch record, we're all in the same embarrassing boat here.

In fact, to hell with this thread/ release!

I'd really hate to see how you handle something really tragic, like a car accident.

• 1 month later...

Repress will be available soon. Some stores should start seeing these maybe by the end of the week. Will be available in select stores and online.

Same price and everything. The copies that are up online right now are from the last pressing. This will go up separately.

The cover art has been cleaned up and its on black vinyl this time limited to 1000 copies. Also the issue with the label on the D-side has been corrected.

FinchWhat01_zpsd6d4259d.jpg

FinchWhat02_zpsbfb52f5b.jpg

Repress will be available soon. Some stores should start seeing these maybe by the end of the week. Will be available in select stores and online.

Same price and everything. The copies that are up online right now are from the last pressing. This will go up separately.

The cover art has been cleaned up and its on black vinyl this time limited to 1000 copies. Also the issue with the label on the D-side has been corrected.

FinchWhat01_zpsd6d4259d.jpg

FinchWhat02_zpsbfb52f5b.jpg

Travis, will the HT website specify black/2nd press?