Finch - What It Is To Burn 2xLP Hot Topic exclusives

travis

(I'm sure this has been said - or a ton of you already know it) Hot Topic did the same thing with the Thrice repress of The Artist In The Ambulance. The original copies had pixelated covers (and sold out really quick). They then had the label press them on red vinyl and sold them with no refund or exchange to anyone who bought the first press. I remember a lot of people liking the green swirl variant better and replacing their pixelated sleeve with the new sleeve and then trying to sell the red variant in the pixelated sleeve.

It's a great way to make someone re-buy something two times. Nothing like spending $50 (or over) to finally get a nice copy.

• 3 weeks later...

Ain't happening, records will be back up soon

I always wonder what casual music buyers (the ones who aren't on VC and aren't familiar with the situation) think when all the vinyl and cd's just dissapear. I wonder how many calls customer services gets while this promotion runs haha. I know you are troopers for answering the same questions 100 times every time the promotion runs haha.

Do you wish you had unique codes?

• 1 year later...

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/86907-the-finch-screened-jackets-thread/

75 total but I couldn't find an exact number of watercolors. That's the link with the whole thread, though!

Thanks dude, found it in that thread! /8

I printed 8 sleeves w/ a hand painted water color background for anyone who wants to help