Most Anticipated Releases of 2013

Old Man Markley

Sammy Kay and the Fast Four

Dave Hillyard and the Rockstead 7

The Flatliners

Streetlight Manifesto (maybe, I didn't care for "Something in the Between")

Rancid (again a maybe. from what I heard of "Tim Timebomb's" solo album, I don't like it, especially the butching of some of my favorite 2-tone classics)

maybe the long anticipated new Deal's Gone Bad album? One can dream...

I think that's about it

I don't know, I'm looking forward to it with an open mind. 10 years between albums for any band is tricky. Personally, I've never been a huge fan of their last two albums so I'm hoping for something "new" sounding, but still Suede.

And I know I'm the odd man out with 'Head Music' as my favorite, but such obvious pandering to fan base demands rarely turns out well. We shall see.

I'm pretty positive "a Wilhelm scream" was on people's lists in this thread last year too. Any reason to believe there will actually be a new record in 2013?

I'll look for the link but I'm pretty sure someone in the WS/P+P camp said that they will have something out around end of Spring/beginning of Summer 2013

• 2 weeks later...

i guess i'm the only one here that thinks every modest mouse album is great in its own way?

they haven't really disappointed me with anything.

Completely agree with you dude. I find that in Modest Mouse fans there are the guys that either just like the new stuff (not many, I hope), just like the old stuff or just generally love all of their stuff. I'm with you here though, all of their stuff is great. How can you dislike anything on "No One's First and You're Next"... that album is great through and through. That being their latest, I felt it was most relevant. Also love Good News and We Were Dead. Go Modest Mouse! 

On that note I can't wait for that new album, which hopefully we hear more about soon.

Brand New... I can't describe how much I love them. For short, I went to two of their shows back to back in Toronto... Those were some seriously badass nights. I just saw them this year in August and they absolutely killed it! It was probably my favourite show of the year and I went to LOTS. I think if I'm not mistaken Jesse mentioned that show being in his top 3 of all time, so there's that for you. Jesse did an interview with some guy in London, Ontario I think... I don't even know, I just know it's wherever they went after the Toronto show, and I think he mentioned they were going to do some writing and he commented on that quote that was thrown around about them writing happy music, and basically said well no that's not going to be happening, but it seems like we can expect some new music from them... HOPEFULLY.

Lastly, how come I don't hear any Arcade Fire up in this? They are due out with a new album this year and it is most likely going to be my album of the year, but we'll see. 

EDIT: QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE!

Take it easy folks! Glad to be joining the community

Ryan