Slowdive - Pygmalion MOV reissue?

46 minutes ago, Saxonjulin said:

Every royalty deal is different though. Mars Volta had a shitty deal

of course. just saying it hasnt been a one time thing with MOV (also, i am not saying MOV is doing anything wrong necessarily) and for that reason it makes sense for someone to wonder if slowdive has actually made any money on those represses.

18 hours ago, jrodan said:

because most MOV releases have the rights purchased from the labels and the bands see nothing (see mars volta and jack's mannequin).

Super Furry Animals were pretty upset with the Rings Around The World MOV Re-issue coming out.  They said they didn't know anything about it until someone sent them a link to it when it was for sale.

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, glass realms said:

Just got my copy of the new Pygmalion reissue from VMP. And FedEx attempted to fold the entire package in half. Just email VMP but wanted to see how their customer service was. Am I going to sending emails back and forth trying to get a replacement?

VMP customer service is the best around. They won't even ask for pictures, they'll automatically dispatch a new one to your address.

13 hours ago, DecayToDeath said:

VMP customer service is the best around. They won't even ask for pictures, they'll automatically dispatch a new one to your address.

Mostly agree, but there has been times that they asked me for pictures so they could show their fulfillment center, mainly when I had issues with bent corners on every record in my shipment...multiple times.  

• 8 months later...
5 hours ago, ExtraFox said:

New pressing of Souvlaki on clear with black smoke:

https://www.musiconvinyl.com/catalog/slowdive/souvlaki#.XXIoOHK53OE

can you or someone else familiar with MOV releases tell me whether these end up being sold by MOV directly? seems at a glance that they just distribute (in Europe only?)... would love to get one of these firsthand in the USA.

16 minutes ago, copelandkid said:

can you or someone else familiar with MOV releases tell me whether these end up being sold by MOV directly? seems at a glance that they just distribute (in Europe only?)... would love to get one of these firsthand in the USA.

Afaik MOV don't sell their releases directly, and indeed they have distributors in Europe only.