Who was your first concert?

First concert not at like a county fair type setting was seeing Yes on the Union tour at the Rosemont Horizon. That was the tour they had 2 drummers, 2 keyboardists, 3 guitar players and then Jon Anderson and Chris Squire.

prior to that I'd seeing like the Grass Roots, Tommy James and the Shondells, Eddie Money, maybe Kansas at said fairground shows.

Creed from the office was in the Grass Roots.

Live 105's BFD festival in 2003. I was 13. The headliners were Foo Fighters, Deftones, AFI and The White Stripes. Evanessence was supposed to play but backed out haha. The 2nd stage was where it was at...Saw Interpol, Hot Hot Heat, The Transplants, The Used, The All-American Rejects, The Ataris, Finch and The Donnas. Also caught part of the Roots set in the electronic music tent.

First non-festival show was Van Hagar a year later.

I honestly can't remember which concert was first but it was either Metallica with Jerry Cantrell or No Doubt with Weezer. Both shows at Great Woods in massachusetts. Summers of 96 and 97 I think. 7th and 8th grade for sure.

on a related note I was looking through a shoe box of old shit at my mother's house when I was there over Thanksgiving and found some random old ticket stubs. brought me back:

tickets0002.jpg

Dropkick Murphys - HOB; Orlando; Oct 13 2003

Bouncing Souls, Youth Brigade, Mustard Plug - Sapphire Supper Club; Orlando; Oct 22 2000

Beer Olympics - The Masquerade; Atlanta; Jul 22 2001

Lagwagon, The Vandals - Masquerade; St. Petersburg; Mar 13 2001

Voodoo Glow Skulls, Link 80, Union 13 - Sapphire Supper Club; Orlando; Mar 8 2001

good times.

Reading this thread make me feel crazy old!

My first real concert was Edgefest 1998 (I was just turning 16). The bands included:

Green Day

Foo Fighters

Bif Naked

Matthew Good Band

Sloan

Moist

The Tea Party

Rusty

The New Meanies

The Killjoys

Tripping Daisy

I'm almost positive Creed played the side stage, too. haha.

This was my first time seeing the Foos....at the end of the Color and the Shape tour. I've seen them countless times since then. I still have the Foo Fightes shirt I bought at the show.

Kiss. Reunion Tour. Nutter Center, Dayton, Ohio. 7/16/1996. Mind = Blown.

First club show was later that year when my brother took me to see Ratt at a rinky-dinky dive bar in Dayton, Ohio.

I've gone from two shows in 1996 and one in 1997 to going to a peak of 96 in 2011. With the pregnancy and the baby and my finances, 2012 brought that down to 24 this year. We'll see what 2013 has to offer.