PO :: Wonder Years - The Upsides (DELUXE) 2LP

tokimedo

At the top of their store it says "ALL PRODUCTS WILL BE AVAILABLE AGAIN SOON" 

i see that, but i'm talking about the things that are available. is it still a work in progress?

these are legit questions. i havent had any reason to go to the nsr website in a while. i just went to check on a moose blood repress and there's nothing listed in the product description. i started clicking around after that, which inspired my original question.

I wonder how you can go from releasing huge records by the wonder years, la dispute, balance and composure, to being completely irrelevant. complete mismanagement? Poor relationships with the artists? probably a mix of both.

I'm pretty sure TWY is a little sour with Chris. I remember they weren't very stoked he wanted to rerelease Get Stoked On It! digitally. Idk about the rest though. Chris took a couple vacations and got married in 2015. That probably wasn't cheap. I just hope I can get the last few things I want from NSR before they cash out.

I'm pretty sure TWY is a little sour with Chris. I remember they weren't very stoked he wanted to rerelease Get Stoked On It! digitally. Idk about the rest though. Chris took a couple vacations and got married in 2015. That probably wasn't cheap. I just hope I can get the last few things I want from NSR before they cash out.

There's a reason that every good band they had (LD, TWY, B&C) jumped ship. 

No Sleep distro is done by merchnow... now. That's why the site is way different. Notice if you click FAQ at the bottom of the page it opens the MerchNow support page.

I'm not sure why the items aren't available currently, perhaps MerchNow is still going through the inventory they were sent by NS.

Yeah, they made the switch like a week before Christmas. Who knows how long it'll take for MerchNow to receive and catalog all that inventory. All those clearance sales Chris did make more sense, now that I think about it.

I'm sure these will come out eventually. I ordered the bundle with the last Suburbia press, but those sold out well before the changeover so I have a gut feeling they're gonna fuck up my order.

I'm currently going back and forth with Chris via email, here's what's been said so far:

Me: "In early October or November (I've since checked, I placed the order November 17th) I ordered a copy of The Upsides (Deluxe), set to ship around December 18th, as well as a copy of Suburbia: I've Given You All And Now I'm Nothing and A Comp For Mom. It's now January 13th and my records are nowhere to be found, I've not received any sort of email regarding the status of my order and as far as I can tell you guys haven't offered any legitimate update to those who purchased The Upsides except "update coming soon".

I've been a customer of No Sleep for years and am honestly very disappointed. What's going on? If you can't offer me some sort of update regarding my order, I'd like to discuss getting my money back."

Chris: "
Apologies on the delay / lack of updates. We simply have not had much to say yet as we are still waiting on an update from the plant - we are sending out an update very soon though. In short, about 95% of the order is finished with the plant, and is being finished shortly and will be sent to MerchNow ASAP to fulfill all preorders/etc.

Again, terribly sorry about the delay and lack of updates. We were hoping to have the records in before changing over fulfillment to MerchNow but they were not finished in time but they will be fulfilling all of the preorders for us."

Me: "Thanks for the quick response, it's much appreciated, and I'm sorry that I was a bit brash. Like I said, it's just I've been a customer of No Sleep for years and while I've heard of issues other people have had they are not issues that I have ever had, so this is a first for me personally. I see now that it's something out of your control though, so I apologize."

ChrisYour issues (and others others have had) our the reason (and main reason) we are making the change to MerchNow, we simply could not get a good/reliable warehouse staff as of late, and lots of things were falling through the cracks, inventory issues were constant, and the list goes on.

So... yeah. Apparently it's coming, who knows when though. Hopefully soon. No Sleep used to be one of my favorite labels and I ordered from them all the time, it's upsetting to see how downhill it's gone just in the past year or two.

No Sleep distro is done by merchnow... now. That's why the site is way different. Notice if you click FAQ at the bottom of the page it opens the MerchNow support page.

I'm not sure why the items aren't available currently, perhaps MerchNow is still going through the inventory they were sent by NS.

Yeah, they made the switch like a week before Christmas. Who knows how long it'll take for MerchNow to receive and catalog all that inventory. All those clearance sales Chris did make more sense, now that I think about it.

I'm sure these will come out eventually. I ordered the bundle with the last Suburbia press, but those sold out well before the changeover so I have a gut feeling they're gonna fuck up my order.

ooooooh i see. thanks. i always liked their old store layouts bc they had all the pressing history info and what not. i hope merchnow continues that once they get the ball rolling.

I always liked their old store layouts bc they had all the pressing history info and what not. i hope merchnow continues that once they get the ball rolling.

Probably not, very rarely does MerchNow give pressing info on their products from what I've seen. Unless it's the selling point, because the album is "limited to /x".

i think it's beyond issues with TWY. chris showed lapses in respect regarding customer service, but more so, i think he simply struck gold with being close friends with the wonder years and IIOI. that could only pay dividends for so long. he took chances on lesser artists hoping (perhaps arrogantly assuming) the momentum would keep up.

but yeah, like toki said, i don't think i've purchased anything since 2012 -- except for this repress, because i would like this as a double. but whatever, man. it'll come when it comes.

i think it's beyond issues with TWY. chris showed lapses in respect regarding customer service, but more so, i think he simply struck gold with being close friends with the wonder years and IIOI. that could only pay dividends for so long. he took chances on lesser artists hoping (perhaps arrogantly assuming) the momentum would keep up.

but yeah, like toki said, i don't think i've purchased anything since 2012 -- except for this repress, because i would like this as a double. but whatever, man. it'll come when it comes.

I mean if we're being honest, does it really qualify as a double anyway? The album itself is still on one disc, the second disc is just one side of extra tracks and a D side etching.

I thought he meant a 2nd copy of the album when he said double.

He might have, I just assumed he meant double LP because this is the first time The Upsides will be released on two discs. Technically it IS a double LP, as it is two discs, but it's really not when the album itself is still spread across one disc. So.

"Just a quick update on the status of your pre-order for ‘The Upsides’ Deluxe Edition on Vinyl.

The vinyl is still in production, with about 95% of it completed, the rest is supposed to be done by the end of the month.

Once the product is finished it will be shipped out ASAP to MerchNow to fulfill all outstanding preorders for the release.

In the even there are any items missing from your order due to inventory issues or items being damaged during the move to MerchNow, you will be promptly refunded for the item.

We apologize for the lack of updates on this title, we were just informed that the update we sent out in early December did not get sent due to server issues.

For further order assistance please contact MerchNow at http://merchnow.com/contact/supportContactUsas this inbox is no longer monitored."