PO: Src subscription series

Someone said it earlier, but are we really to the point where upgrading to 4 mil poly sleeves is a SELLING POINT?!

I am gonna go smash my dick in a car door for a while. Brb

i've seen it all (balls in vice, ruptured testicles from suspension, testicular skewering with 16 penny nails, penectomies, etc, etc) so pics or it didn't happen. and it better not say BMEZINE.com either. :P

Next Series:

Helmet - Meantime

Hootie and the Blowfish - Cracked Rear View

EMF - Cha Cha Cha

Candlebox - Far Behind (acoustic remix) b/w Far Behind (Chad Kroeger remix)

Days of the New - S/t

Peter Frampton - Frampton Comes Alive 

There also going to repress the stranger by billy joel because you can't find copies of that ANYWHERE

There also going to repress the stranger by billy joel because you can't find copies of that ANYWHERE

truth be told, i rarely ever see that album anywhere on lp. i see "glass houses" far more often, but not as much as frampton comes alive or THE FIRM's s/t lp. two things i can't get away from. 

I would love to own the /250 versions of Hum, Quicksand and Silverchair but the subscription price is absurd. 

I'm with you.  Such an odd 7 records to be putting together in a sub.  Plus it'd be cheaper per item if I just bought the three I want seperately.  Like, 33% cheaper.  Do not understand the price at all.

Lol one time when I was in college I had like a 2 hour argument with some dumb girl a friend was dating because she thought Daniel Johns from Silverchair had made a bigger musical impact than Miles Davis. There was a party going on at my house so naturally I was writing my Jazz History final paper out in the living room while drinking heavily and I was writing the section of my paper about the musical contributions of Miles Davis to the genre and she just walked up and started talking shit. Man I didn't like that girl. To be fair I also don't really like Silverchair.

Lol one time when I was in college I had like a 2 hour argument with some dumb girl a friend was dating because she thought Daniel Johns from Silverchair had made a bigger musical impact than Miles Davis. There was a party going on at my house so naturally I was writing my Jazz History final paper out in the living room while drinking heavily and I was writing the section of my paper about the musical contributions of Miles Davis to the genre and she just walked up and started talking shit. Man I didn't like that girl. To be fair I also don't really like Silverchair.

I would have kicked her in the box.

If you buy this subscription you are a fuck head and are ruining record purchasing for the average listener. By accepting $30 a piece for a record you are allowing the price point across the board to be raised. Every real record label has managed to keep prices relatively stable. And if you say anything about how you will be able to sell them for more than $30 so why does it matter what they retail them at you are also an asshole and are the cause to the problem.

If you buy this subscription you are a fuck head and are ruining record purchasing for the average listener. By accepting $30 a piece for a record you are allowing the price point across the board to be raised. Every real record label has managed to keep prices relatively stable. And if you say anything about how you will be able to sell them for more than $30 so why does it matter what they retail them at you are also an asshole and are the cause to the problem.

I agree 100% with everything in this post

I think a better name for their company would be Shop Radio Cast Novelty Store

And is it just me or did they already drop their price? What a bunch of pussies. If you are going to rip off your customers at least stick to your guns.

HAHAHAHA yes they did, it was 199.99 yesterday, 179.99 today

still only want copeland, but nice try src

edit: wait when you go to the page it says 179, but when you actually click the usa option it turns to 199

with this new breakdown that was posted, it's not that far off from their recent retail pricing on reissues, which in my opinion was the bigger "problem" for the average listener in the first place.

Especially on these boards, a lot of people seem to be okay with $20.99 - $22.99 pricing for a single LP without any bells or whistles (a lot of SRC / hot topic stuff lately) but since most of these are major label reissues, the margin you have to work with isn't very flexible, and these people have to make some money right?

So while I agree at first glance it looks like total bullshit, but if you actually think in your head what this shit costs its not insane. I guess you can then argue that it shouldn't be done at all...but do you want these records or not? (I don't)