PO: Src subscription series

It is a bit overpriced but i still think the pre-order a day early with a slight discount is fucking badass. I've missed out on so many good records because i was at work. Shopradiocast puts out some great pressings and i'm sure there will be more great announcements, Hopefully some more Drive-Thru stuff. If something like SILYMI gets repressed (crosses fingers) subscribers will know a day early and be able to grab a copy instead of missing out because they had shit to do (That album would sell out for sure). Plus it works for me because i want 3 out of the 4 albums in the pop-punk package. So I'm going for it. 15 bucks so i can pre-order shit early over the period of at least three months is not bad.

But most of you only want one release off that list. I wouldn't have gone for it if i felt the same way.

if I don't know what the hell that means, that ship most definitely has left the port.

The first Starting Line album but in all honestly I am glad to see other releases than just pop punk myself personally. I do not want them to stop pressing a specific genre overall though. SRC does a good job of pressing and repressing rather high demand and sought after records.

I think the vinyl series here are rather underwhelming but then again if those variants interested someone they would probably be paying 5-10 dollars more than standard issue. The benefits seem nice but its hard to plan for the future with little knowledge of future releases past these. The only smart move on their part is grouping them by genre. 

I need to make sure that I am reading this all correctly.

Honestly - someone out there is willing to pay an extra $15 per LP for a variant that is only "limited" to 250 copies, with "extra thick poly sleeves" and a paper strip (which is probably where things will be cheaply numbered) even though these records will be readily available cheaper from the same source?

AND

You're going to pay a membership fee so that you are able to spend your money faster than others from - again - THE SAME SOURCE?!

I am losing all faith in anything.

I need to make sure that I am reading this all correctly.

Honestly - someone out there is willing to pay an extra $15 per LP for a variant that is only "limited" to 250 copies, with "extra thick poly sleeves" and a paper strip (which is probably where things will be cheaply numbered) even though these records will be readily available cheaper from the same source?

AND

You're going to pay a membership fee so that you are able to spend your money faster than others from - again - THE SAME SOURCE?!

I am losing all faith in anything.

$15 extra per LP?

You're paying the same price everyone else is separately but you're getting a different variant. Its broken down like this:

Saosin "Saosin" LP - $21.99 MSRP

Copeland "Eat, Sleep, Repeat" LP - $21.99 MSRP

Sum 41 "Does This Look Infected" LP - $21.99 MSRP

Alkaline Trio "Agony and Irony" Deluxe Edition 2XLP - $27.99 MSRP

Total Cost: $93.99 (ish)

Membership Fee*: $15

Total Cost: $108.99

Sure i agree the membership fee is a little overpriced but still its over the course of at least 3 months. There (Hopefully) will be more pre-orders, that can't be all. Shopradiocast releases some solid stuff. I think its fair, but like i said it's only worth it if you want most of those albums (Like i do).

Did anyone notice that all the "turntables" they mentioned in the last email were Crosley? Ha.

The only one of those seven records I am even considering buying is Saosin, and that's just because I listened to that record once upon a time. It's got my favorite non-Anthony Saosin song on it.

Did anyone notice that all the "turntables" they mentioned in the last email were Crosley? Ha.

The only one of those seven records I am even considering buying is Saosin, and that's just because I listened to that record once upon a time. It's got my favorite non-Anthony Saosin song on it.

I saw that and laughed so hard. 

being overseas complicate everything for me as I mostly only want the silverchair and saosin one and IU'm preety sure they won't released at the same time.. so I will have to pay the very expensive shipping cost two times.. 

if you want to get these and save on shipping, PM me and I can get them for you then send them both at once.

People seem to be ignoring the 10% off , which -- if you order a lot of records -- will more or less pay for the subscription if you are a hardcore collector who shops at SRC exclusively*. Just because it's not for you doesn't mean it's not for anyone.

I can find anything SRC has at Interpunk, No Idea, Secretly Canadian, Insound, Midheaven, label stores, Discogs, etc. and it's always cheaper. Plus, the 10% discount is only on preorders, so you're not going to be able to use it on huge orders. It's the least they can give you for being stupid enough to pay however many extra dollars for thicker poly sleeves and a strip of paper.

Seriously, I can't even type the phrase "belly band" without getting contact embarrassment. Whoever gladly buys into this bullshit for the sake of "having a complete collection", ignoring the obvious manipulation of the "collector mentality" to get you to open your wallet for a reason they invented, I am going to drive to your house and knock your drink out of your hand and steal the batteries out of your remote.