NOFX Box set

mclz

well i don't have the BEST equipment. I have a Numark USB turntable with a Shure cartridge and needle. I also have one of those shitty Crosley all-in-one players that i keep in my kitchen for when i'm cooking / doing dishes. 

Recent Epitaph produced vinyl is notorious for skipping. When I had a $100 Audio Technica turntable, my copy of Whit Trash skipped all the way through, both sides. I upgraded to a Pro-Ject, no skipping at all.

i have a few friends who have really really nice tables, and yeah nothing ever skips. but that can be a double edged sword in certain cases. 

for instance, when my band put out our second record, the test press skipped badly on all of our record players, one was my newmark, the other two were the standard Sony record player. however the record played just fine on the label owner's really nice table.

when we got the second test press in, the first thing i did was throw it on my shitty all-in-one crosley player (that fake wood model), and it made it through the whole record without skipping. 

my point is that i would never let something I did be released on vinyl that didn't play right out of the sleeve on an average record player. the average record buyer (like myself) probably has an entry level turntable with a basic needle / cartridge upgrade at most. there's no excuse for selling thousands of people records that skip badly right out of the sleeve. even if it's on a shitty all-in-one crosley, and even if the record isn't cleaned first. 

of course, a situation like this really shows the importance of record maintenance (basic cleaning), something i didn't do up to this point. but that's because i never had an issue with skipping on 99% of the 200+ records i own.

lesson learned.

I've followed this thread pretty closely and haven't seen this asked, so if it has been sorry.

On my Wolves In Wolves Clothing, I put it on the side with the A-side label, but it's the B-side songs and vice versa. Even the etchings are opposite for each side. 

I'm guessing everyone else's was like this too but was it like that on the original press? Thanks.

Edit: Also, the guitar sounds completely awful in "Benny Got Blowed Up" and "Leaving Jesusland"

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 years later...

Sorry for the bump, but some colored copies of individual titles of the box set have appeared on ebay (maybe some deadstock?), some guy had copies of Pump Up The Valuum (epitaph box set) a few hours ago. Or it's some Hottopic deadstock? who knows.

SOLD OUT / Also, not a bad price on Punk in Drublic here:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/Vinyl-Records/176985/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&_ssn=rzzlblstr

Edited by hyperg1ant
Sold out