How does the bootleg affect your ability to get the original? The original is black or blue with certain matrix #s easily identified...

To be fair, there's multiple bootlegs on black, blue, and many other colors for that matter. It's a pain in the ass to always weave through tons of boots when you're trying to get a legit original.

To be fair, there's multiple bootlegs on black, blue, and many other colors for that matter. It's a pain in the ass to always weave through tons of boots when you're trying to get a legit original.

I guess that's true. Idk yeah having an original would be killed but for me it's more about get its on a cool color and sounds decent so I'm happy hahs

Doesn't say if it does not dies, sorry. But ok I think I have the official one then.

The OG green is very hard to come by as there is only 198 copies pressed. How much did you pay for it? If you didn't spend a small fortune, chances are that it's a bootleg as there is TONS of them on the market.  

Discogs has all the info you need:

COUNTERFEITS: 

This album has been heavily bootlegged since 2003. All counterfeits also issued in a gatefold sleeve. 

Differences can be determined by looking at the gatefold sleeve (see image) or the runout-groove etchings. Original copies have the MR-151-A on one side of the runout at the 6 o'clock position and L-50953 at the 12 o'clock position.

Some bootleg copies have no run-out groove etchings at all. Other bootleg versions have "MR-151-A/L-50953" written all together on side A and "MR-151-A/L-50953X" on side B.

http://www.discogs.com/Queens-Of-The-Stone-Age-Queens-Of-The-Stone-Age/release/1791380

R-1791380-1243585040.jpeg