Dine Alone: City and Colour Holiday Vinyl + Alexisonfire Releases

Yeah Xmas Day was a bad idea, yeah the cart not holding the item isn't ideal, yeah I'm gutted I missed out.

But...All I want is to be told if they're gonna repress more, or not, so I can wait patiently, or give up hoping to own one.

I emailed them to see if anymore were going to be put up....they said nope....and that there were no plans to press anymore

Three days ago, I went into my Marsh grocery store because I had to pick up some ingredients for my wife to make fudge. There were two express lines, but only one line where when you were next in line, you could pick the next express lane. A ton of people tried to just walk up to one of the lanes because there was only one line, and they were going to the one that "people weren't in line for."

As if we were all just standing in a long line for no reason. 

One lady actually did cut in front of everyone, as I was at the register getting checked out. I told her that she just cut in front of everyone in this line, and she stared at the ground and ignored what I was saying. I repeated it, but she clearly didn't care. No shame. Her time was more important than everyone else's, and she had to get her ham and get out of there. 

I also had to go to Big Lots that same night, because I forgot to pick up trash bags. As I was in line, a woman was basically standing in the exact same spot I was. When I scooted up a foot, she would scoot up right behind me. She was yelling in my ear to one of her kids about how Big Lots didn't have what they were looking for. I kept checking to see if my wallet was still there. It was uncomfortable, and I didn't get why she was all up in my business while screaming at her kids.

I realized this year that over the course of my life, I have slowly but surely grown to dislike Christmas. I don't dislike Santa, or the lights, or the traditions... I just dislike the fact that this time of year brings out the worst in people. It's supposed to be a season of giving. It's supposed to be a season where others matter more than yourself. And every year, around this time, you see all of these people being more selfish in an attempt to be selfless. 

Basically, anyone that is mad at Justin for being a part of a label that releases the limited pressings you guys have been pining for, you guys are the line-cutters at Christmas time.

Well, let's say you were at the line queuing up for 1 or 2 hours, finally managed to get to the cashier, but the cashier machine breaks down and you are forced to join another line and wait for 1 or 2 hours again.

When you finally reach your turn again, the cashier machine breaks down again and you join yet another long line

Multiply the above by 6 times. You've now spent 5 or 6 hours at the store trying to get christmas groceries which are exclusive to this store, which you have been tasked by your wife to get, or she will not have sex with you for the whole of 2014. 

Finally, you are about to check out again, the cashier machine works fine for this line. Yet some asshole thief suddenly comes up and takes your goods out of the basket and runs out of the store. You frantically go back to the aisles looking for your stuff but it is by now sold out, and you sadly make your way home.

You had spent about 6 hours in the supermarket, Yet you still fail to get the groceries despite trying your hardest and getting so close each time.

Would you still be happy because it's christmas and the spirit of giving? Nah. Doubt so. You'd probably be mad because of the bad luck and the extremely poor operations of the supermarket.

This is exactly what happened to us here. Bad luck, limited number of copies, and screwed up webstore. So get off your moral high horse man and stop trying to play down the situation as nothing much, as something we shouldn't be angry about, because we definitely should be.

PS. Doubt anyone is actually mad at Justin.

Well, let's say you were at the line queuing up for 1 or 2 hours, finally managed to get to the cashier, but the cashier machine breaks down and you are forced to join another line and wait for 1 or 2 hours again.

When you finally reach your turn again, the cashier machine breaks down again and you join yet another long line

Multiply the above by 6 times. You've now spent 5 or 6 hours at the store trying to get christmas groceries which are exclusive to this store, which you have been tasked by your wife to get, or she will not have sex with you for the whole of 2014. 

Finally, you are about to check out again, the cashier machine works fine for this line. Yet some asshole thief suddenly comes up and takes your goods out of the basket and runs out of the store. You frantically go back to the aisles looking for your stuff but it is by now sold out, and you sadly make your way home.

You had spent about 6 hours in the supermarket, Yet you still fail to get the groceries despite trying your hardest and getting so close each time.

Would you still be happy because it's christmas and the spirit of giving? Nah. Doubt so. You'd probably be mad because of the bad luck and the extremely poor operations of the supermarket.

This is exactly what happened to us here. Bad luck, limited number of copies, and screwed up webstore. So get off your moral high horse man and stop trying to play down the situation as nothing much, as something we shouldn't be angry about, because we definitely should be.

this is all a valid argument.

its like the "i had my time wasted by not being able to shop online" vs the "it could always be worse you could be living in third world country where you dont even have a computer"

also, i just want to make it very clear---- i didnt order this, nor did i attempt to. i just threw in my two cents that it would have alleviated a lot of stress and frustration for a lot of people if he came on here and posted a few sentences, christmas or not. 

Nothing against Casey and anyone else who agree's with him, but to try and use Christmas as a downplay of what happened, thats wrong. If this happened on a random ass tuesday in the middle of April, everyone would still be pissed, and then what, blame it on spring rains, and how we should be joyus because they dont get rain in Turkey?

Sorry, thats a terrible example, and I have no idea if Turkey gets rain or not in April, but the fact remains, this isn't something that can be downplayed because "It's Christmas, be happy and give to others you selfish asshole". No, they fucked up, big time, and deserve to be informed of how shitty their service was, its not our fault they picked the busiest time of year to try and hussle a widely sought after box set.

Just my 2 cents.

You were VERY close to a valid argument here. VERY close.

If the groceries were limited, and there were no guarantees that you got one, sure.

If the groceries were not a necessity, but rather a luxury to make a pie that you would enjoy, sure.

The wife not having sex with you for a year has nothing to do with your argument. 

And I'm not on a high horse. But if that's the way you want to act, by all means go for it.

this is all a valid argument.

its like the "i had my time wasted by not being able to shop online" vs the "it could always be worse you could be living in third world country where you dont even have a computer"

also, i just want to make it very clear---- i didnt order this, nor did i attempt to. i just threw in my two cents that it would have alleviated a lot of stress and frustration for a lot of people if he came on here and posted a few sentences, christmas or not. 

This is a perfect example of how you stir up shit on here more than anything. Flipping police. Calling people names. And now weighing in regularly on a topic that you weren't even a part of. I waited up til two and wanted this boxset as much as the rest of these guys. The only difference is that I didn't let it ruin my Christmas like a lot of others.

Nothing against Casey and anyone else who agree's with him, but to try and use Christmas as a downplay of what happened, thats wrong. If this happened on a random ass tuesday in the middle of April, everyone would still be pissed, and then what, blame it on spring rains, and how we should be joyus because they dont get rain in Turkey?

Sorry, thats a terrible example, and I have no idea if Turkey gets rain or not in April, but the fact remains, this isn't something that can be downplayed because "It's Christmas, be happy and give to others you selfish asshole". No, they fucked up, big time, and deserve to be informed of how shitty their service was, its not our fault they picked the busiest time of year to try and hussle a widely sought after box set.

Just my 2 cents.

I like you. 

And I wasn't trying to use Christmas to downplay it. But Christmas is a valid excuse to be patient while the label spends time with their families. They'll get it figured out.

Hope you all manage to live through 2014 without your boxset. Good grief.

How was i stirring shit up? By saying it was a good idea for justin to pop in and relieve people's tensions? Ok ....I apologize for having an opinion, voice, and be of an active member of this community. Apparently there's something wrong with contributing now.

I was up till 5 am as well. If this wasn't such a clusterfuck, I would have attempted to buy one out the gate, but I wasn't gonna let myself get stressed out so I opted out and followed along the topic.

How was i stirring shit up? By saying it was a good idea for justin to pop in and relieve people's tensions? Ok ....I apologize for having an opinion, voice, and be of an active member of this community. Apparently there's something wrong with contributing now.

I was up till 5 am as well. If this wasn't such a clusterfuck, I would have attempted to buy one out the gate, but I wasn't gonna let myself get stressed out so I opted out and followed along the topic.

Why in the world would you stay up until 5am just following along?

I like you. 

And I wasn't trying to use Christmas to downplay it. But Christmas is a valid excuse to be patient while the label spends time with their families. They'll get it figured out.

I like you as well, the back and forth has been fun!

I can understand it as a valid excuse to be patient on normal circumstances, like with the new Blink release on Hot Topic, some errors occured with peoples orders, called customer service to find out details, they were closed early Christmas Eve, so people just went "Oh well, I will deal with this in a couple days". At least Hot Topic had the sense to launch items when it wasn't a holiday, that way they weren't expected to answer questions or concerns till after the holidays, all fine and well.

Dine Alone/AOF decided a Christmas release would be some magical effortless sale, with eggnog and rum in peoples bellies, landing some records that they have all wanted for years, its the Christmas miracle of all Christmas miracles......but we all know how that turned out.

All I am trying to say is if you are going to launch something like this, you better be prepaired for the backlash/questions/concerns/shit just going straight left of field. You run a label Casey, I doubt you would ever launch a PO during the holidays, let alone Christmas day, but you have to agree, if you did decide something that moronic, you know damn well you would still be dealing with stuff that went haywire during the PO launch, regardless of family and the holiday. Business is business, and the way they handled their business made zero sence, and thats really all my frustration with this was. Hold the launch till the New Year, hell they could have had the PO last week, but they chose Christmas Day, so they should have been sitting there ready to deal with everything that could have gone wrong, and they failed to execute there.

Agreed, in the same boat with everyone let down yet again by dinealone. There's no excuse, I'm not exactly sure how to not make websites crash, or if it's even possible, but it happened on the hurry and the harm limited release, it happened on the alexisonfire box set unveiling, and yet again on the release. It's absolute bullshit, wasted hours of my Christmas Eve ( another absolutely retarded idea ) which I could have spent with my family had they done this the right way like save the people who had the item in their carts ( multiple times ) it's just ridiculous. Why let people make duplicate orders? Other websites don't even alow it to begin with ( munk one poster releases etc...) it's just a really great way to make flippers a lot of extra dough, and the real fans feel shit on. Another disappointing release, merry elfin Christmas

I'm not exactly sure how to not make websites crash, or if it's even possible, but it happened on the hurry and the harm limited release, it happened on the alexisonfire box set unveiling, and yet again on the release. It's absolute bullshit

One thing I agree with is you do not know how to make websites crash.

It's actually very easy in reality.

Get tens of thousands of computers (or bots) to refresh the same site every second.

It's called a ddos attack. It's exactly what happened last night.

How can you avoid this? Easy, spend tens of thousands of dollars on server hardware!

Is it worth it for a small label to spend shit tons of cash for a 4 hours of traffic spike a year?

Easy answer there I would hope.

Why let people make duplicate orders?

They don't just 'let' people make duplicate orders, but when someone spams their credit card to the payment processor guess what is going to happen?

It's  a lot easier to cancel duplicate orders (which they did) then code in a double payment blocking system that would only be used for 4 hours every year.

Other websites don't even alow it to begin with ( munk one poster releases etc...) it's just a really great way to make flippers a lot of extra dough, and the real fans feel shit on. Another disappointing release, merry elfin Christmas

Munk One uses shopNVY which can also suffer from the crazy traffic spikes (I've seen it first hand) and also has whole other cart hoarding issues that leaves people refreshing the page for even longer than last night.

It all comes down to two choices. Make a limited release and have chaos, or make it unlimited and take preorders for a decent duration before production.

I can't put it better than this:

44325469.jpg