Dine Alone: City and Colour Holiday Vinyl + Alexisonfire Releases

Dunno why so many had problems...I ended up with 3 of them in the first hour  B)

It took me 45mins after getting it in my cart within the few minutes to finally be able to check out. Luckily I didn't see the Paypal option and put my cc details in. It hung saying 'processing' for a few minutes and I gave up and clicked paypal and then I was back to square one. Turns out the cc payment went through!

My mate said it took him 5 mins and he was done. It was seriously luck of the draw.

On facebook

Holiday wishes from george and the gang

So our box set sold out in a mere 30 mins. Selling 1000 box sets, at the lofty price of $250, on a predominantly dead format, is no easy task. It's a god damn Christmas miracle. I really don't want you to think that a gesture like that has gone unnoticed or unappreciated by the AOF camp. We love you all and are very grateful you would go to such great lengths for us.

Now we didn't make a big deal about this before but there is an aspect of this box set you might not know about.

Over a year ago it came to our attention that Distort Records was looking to sell the rights to the Alexisonfire back catalogue. That includes the self titled, Watch Out and Crisis. Rather than watch them be sold to just anyone, our manager and the owner of Dine Alone records Joel Carriere offered to buy them with the intention that once he had recouped the cost to purchase them he would return the masters to the band. This is the first real release since he did so and the box set sale has gone a long way towards giving us back ownership of our music. It's a Christmas gift that you probably didn't even know you were giving us.

So me and the band would like to send a very sincere and heartfelt thank you to everyone who purchased an alexisonfire vinyl box set.

Also, don't go rushing to Ebay if you didn't get one. We are already discussing pressing a second batch and the full lengths on their own. (More info when everyone's holidays are done)

xoxoxoxoxo
George

IF YOU MISSED OUT ON THIS BOXSET YOU ARE AN ACTUAL COMPLETE IDIOT AND STUPID AND UGLY AND YOU SHOULD GET A LIFE BECAUSE YOU ARE A STUPID LOSER WHO SUCKS REAL BAD AND CAN'T EVEN GET A RECORD IF YOU TRIED

no possible way to make everyone happy, sorry. if we pressed another 1000-2000 hell even 50 the people who bought the first 1000 would be pissed

As someone who both got the boxset and is also an insane moron with AOF/C&C, let me just say that anyone who would complain about you guys pressing more is a complete fucking dumbass and a selfish prick. Please do not listen to or care about what people like that say.

Do people actually whine about it much? I remember one guy being pissed about the clear covers 10" by C&C having 225 or whatever instead of 200 and it was amazing to read. Dude had an aneurysm over it.

Thanks for answering anyway Justin.

As someone who both got the boxset and is also an insane moron with AOF/C&C, let me just say that anyone who would complain about you guys pressing more is a complete fucking dumbass and a selfish prick. Please do not listen to or care about what people like that say.

Agreed.  The only possible reason I could see for someone not wanting a repress would be because they intend to be a douchebag and flip their set.  Fuck those guys.

Not sure if this has been covered but does the Death Letter EP vinyl have the bonus tracks on it?

Not the Death Letter EP itself. There is a additional 7" which carries the bonus tracks!

Glad they made a statement and revealing the thing about the rights! Maybe everyone who wants can get the full lengths now!

All the people so sure of how to better release a big project like this should open their own record labels.

People need to get over this "why didn't they press more" argument. I'm thankful they pressed 1000 when they easily could have just pressed 500 (Jesus, could you imagine?). It's a limited edition boxset, so they pressed a certain amount. Yes there were site issues but the same thing would have happened if they had pressed 2000.

PS - yay! Justin's back!

You obviously didn't get the part were I wasn't complaining...they should easily be able to talk some specifics. Thrice released their live 3xLP on 3000 units and it is still fairly easy to pick up if you missed out. I just want to know why 1000 was the number chosen? This is a vinyl forum for all things vinyl and the people who missed out that are upset, me not being one of them, have every right to ask all the questions and voice all the concerns they have.

Quote the best ones, I need a good laugh

I see the point he's trying to make, but

People getting mad about the prepress are kind of ignorant. If you bought one and are mad that they are going to reissue think about this for a minute. Those who bought the set on the first try well receive a "first edition limited edition" vinyl box set that likely has something (numbered to 100 or inscription on vinyl) to denote just that, which will appreciate in value as more and more disappear of the open market. Those of us looking to buy a reissue or in this case "second edition SOMEWHAT limited" box set will be getting a reissue, which if your worried about product value or uniqueness, this set will obviously be less valuable and less unique as a second printing. Some of you people need to get off your thrones. You are not above anyone because you got lucky, learn some humility and enjoy your box set that you were fortunate enough to get this week and stop worrying about being the coolest kid on the block.

money grab... how much did it cost to press half a dozen vinyl 40 years ago? no way it should cost half a weeks pay for most ppl, for a couple pieces of vinyl with some mediocre music on them. u wanna talk about ppl getting off their thrones? lol lets talk about todays musicians.
 Honestly if they make another batch of box sets buying the first one would be rendered useless. Don't do it! Make individuals that are different. Your music will become cheap and common vinyl if you print any more box sets.

What a fucking surprise, i purchase tickets to the last live show EVER in T.O. and it turns out that you add more dates, i buy a boxset and now there is talk that there will be more, wtf?! Why hype it up if it will so easily accessibly commercially?!

I paid $250 for a limited box set......because it was a limited box set....

What's the point of promoting it a limited collectors box set if you're just gonna make more? I understand a lot of people want them but the point of it is is that not everyone gets one

You obviously didn't get the part were I wasn't complaining...they should easily be able to talk some specifics. Thrice released their live 3xLP on 3000 units and it is still fairly easy to pick up if you missed out. I just want to know why 1000 was the number chosen? This is a vinyl forum for all things vinyl and the people who missed out that are upset, me not being one of them, have every right to ask all the questions and voice all the concerns they have.

That's totally understandable but look at DA's pressing info page, they rarely press more than 1100 (THATH 4020 is obviously an exception). And something like this boxset, I'd rather them press 1000 excellent quality boxsets, than 2000 decent ones. It's like people forget DA is not considered a major label, we all know just by how long it took to get these out that pressing these 1000 was a huge amount of work.

My personal favourite from the Facebook comments...

Goodger, you're one of these people who stand at the entrance of a local gig and complain that 5$ ticket price for three bands is too much, aren't you? The damn thing sold out in 30 mins and there were loads who didn't get one or who, like me, just couldn't justify the price and packing to Europe. These vinyl are either unavailable or go for horrendous prices, so yeah, the band did the fans a favour and if it goes towards buying back the masters and reprinting the money will do the fans another favour. Go away and enjoy your Justin Bieber downloads, whydontcha.