Recently Viewing

Just finished Black Rock about five minutes ago.  This was written by Mark Duplass and Katie Aselton (both of The League) and is a direct homage to the high tension thriller/horror flicks of the seventies (Last House on the Left, etc).  This is one of the most intense films I've seen in a long time.  Watch this shit, right the fuck right now.  

Just finished Black Rock about five minutes ago.  This was written by Mark Duplass and Katie Aselton (both of The League) and is a direct homage to the high tension thriller/horror flicks of the seventies (Last House on the Left, etc).  This is one of the most intense films I've seen in a long time.  Watch this shit, right the fuck right now.  

I passed on this when I first heard about it due to IMDB rating, but your recommendation makes it sound very interesting.  Downloading now, thanks.

I'll give that a watch sometime soon, I wasn't even aware of it's existence.  I've been slowly working my way through the Duplass Brother's filmography and this is close enough to include.

Just Like Being There

a documentary on netflix about the world of gig posters. it was pretty cool- lots of incredible art, and a bunch of good tunes.

This is relevant to my interests. Anything about Gary Grimshaw or Carl Lundgren? They did all these amazing posters for the Grande Ballroom in Detroit in the 60s.

Really?  My girlfriend watched this about a week ago and said it was terrible.  She said the plot was exactly like the film "Eden Lake" except "Eden Lake" was good.  Which disappoints both of us because we like Mark Duplass.

Anyways... tonight we finished up the Trailer Park Boys series and then we watched The Way Way Back.

I watched The Spectacular Now a few nights ago and enjoyed it quite a bit, kind of a bummer coming of age story.  Well worth the time it took to watch.  I also watched Mutual Appreciation, which I liked a ton.

Tonight I'm planning on watching Don Jon and Christmas Vacation if time permits.

Anyways... tonight we finished up the Trailer Park Boys series and then we watched The Way Way Back.

Have you watched the two Trailer Park Boys movies and Say Goodnight to the Bad Guys?  I don't remember any of them being quite as strong as the show, but they weren't terrible by any means.

I'll give that a watch sometime soon, I wasn't even aware of it's existence.  I've been slowly working my way through the Duplass Brother's filmography and this is close enough to include.

Haven't seen this movie but my opinion on Duplass is that he's a good actor but a shitty filmmaker. Gets way too much carryover credit from the league (which doesn't write or direct)

Anchorman 2 was exactly what I was expecting it to be, kept me entertained and had several laughs throughout.

American Hustle was fantastic! I loved this movie, it completely sucked me in. Highly recommend it if you have liked Russell's other movies.

Going to see Nebraska and Inside Llewyn Davis tomorrow!

Really?  My girlfriend watched this about a week ago and said it was terrible.  She said the plot was exactly like the film "Eden Lake" except "Eden Lake" was good.  Which disappoints both of us because we like Mark Duplass.

way way back was great!

Haven't seen this movie but my opinion on Duplass is that he's a good actor but a shitty filmmaker. Gets way too much carryover credit from the league (which doesn't write or direct)

I like him as a film maker more than an actor, same goes with Jay.  I don't dislike him as an actor, I'm sure that's where his bread and butter is, but I usually find their movies interesting and worth my time.

I watched Don Jon last night.  It made me laugh a lot more than I expected it to.  Overall, it was just ok though.  I don't think it's anything I could see myself planning to watch a second time.  The accents kept making me laugh.  I did really like Brie Larson being completely disinterested and staring at her phone the whole movie.

Have you watched the two Trailer Park Boys movies and Say Goodnight to the Bad Guys?  I don't remember any of them being quite as strong as the show, but they weren't terrible by any means.

I've watched the first movie, but that's about it.  I definitely plan on checking out the other ones though!

my opinion on Duplass is that he's a good actor but a shitty filmmaker.

My thoughts exactly.

way way back was great!

It really was.  I wasn't disappointed at all.  Everyone was great in it.

I like him as a film maker more than an actor, same goes with Jay.  I don't dislike him as an actor, I'm sure that's where his bread and butter is, but I usually find their movies interesting and worth my time.

I watched Don Jon last night.  It made me laugh a lot more than I expected it to.  Overall, it was just ok though.  I don't think it's anything I could see myself planning to watch a second time.  The accents kept making me laugh.  I did really like Brie Larson being completely disinterested and staring at her phone the whole movie.

Welcome to your opinion but the movies he has directed are consistent 5s and 6s on imdb, which means most people find them very mediocre

Princess Mononoke for like the 50th time, but this time in a really nice HD transfer. Hopefully we get a blu-ray release here in the US as well. While it's not my favorite Miyazaki film, it is still really beautiful and amazing.

Well Have you watched the two Trailer Park Boys movies and Say Goodnight to the Bad Guys?  I don't remember any of them being quite as strong as the show, but they weren't terrible by any means.

Really? Terrible is personally the only word I could use to describe those movies.

The first Trailer Park Boys movie was weird because it tried to exist outside the show and be completely stand alone. Then Countdown to Liquor Store Day owned because it was just a really long episode.

Say Goodnight to the Bad Guys really was just an hour long episode but I remember it being kinda weak. Not terrible though.

Inside Llewyn Davis is so good. I feel like I need to see it again. It's not the most digestible of their flicks, and I think they made no bones about it being a movie that isn't really driven by plot. But I enjoyed it. I haven't stopped thinking about it since I saw it last night.