Recently Viewing

Having seen the cove about a year ago and blackfish the other night makes we want to sneak into sea world at night and light the place on fire.

But in reality I would just never, ever go there and try to dissuade anyone else from as well. Probably would even picket for a day. That shit is so sad.

Inside Llewyn Davis is so good. I feel like I need to see it again. It's not the most digestible of their flicks, and I think they made no bones about it being a movie that isn't really driven by plot. But I enjoyed it. I haven't stopped thinking about it since I saw it last night.

Goodman's 10 minutes of dialogue had me laughing harder than all of anchorman 2.

Him talking about being a voodoo priest was fucking hilarious.

just got back from seeing "the wolf of wall street"

brilliant movie, but holy hell was it over the top and raunchy... i'm talking, snorting cocaine from a woman's nether regions, burning candles in the ass, etc etc, and its consistent across the whole 3 hour runtime. should've been an NC-17. there were probably 10 walkouts in my theater. leonardo dicaprio was incredible though.

my wife and i really enjoyed it, but be careful who you see this with haha.

just got back from seeing "the wolf of wall street"

brilliant movie, but holy hell was it over the top and raunchy... i'm talking, snorting cocaine from a woman's nether regions, burning candles in the ass, etc etc, and its consistent across the whole 3 hour runtime. should've been an NC-17. there were probably 10 walkouts in my theater. leonardo dicaprio was incredible though.

my wife and i really enjoyed it, but be careful who you see this with haha.

Yeah it looks crazy raunchy for such a large release - surprised it got half the ad campaign it did.

Goodman's 10 minutes of dialogue had me laughing harder than all of anchorman 2.

Him talking about being a voodoo priest was fucking hilarious.

Davis is a dick to his more successful friends for being insipid and careerist, but has to suffer the castigations of a strung-out jazz musician who heaps similar scorn right back on him. I love it.

Anchorman 2 last night, it brought massive amounts of meh.  I don't understand why sequels have to go out of their way to go overboard.  There's no need to include a massive amount of cameos and recycle old jokes- just write funny jokes like you did on the first one. 

Anchorman 2 last night, it brought massive amounts of meh. I don't understand why sequels have to go out of their way to go overboard. There's no need to include a massive amount of cameos and recycle old jokes- just write funny jokes like you did on the first one.

The problem is that all of the funny jokes from the first one were improvised. The script was only for structure/story, and everything else was ad-libbed. The problem in forcefully trying to recreate that is, well, you experienced it firsthand.

I watched Room 237 last night, found it amusing.  I think the real entertainment is in the people's obsessiveness with the film and how at times they're really grasping at straws to backup their theories.  None of the theories seemed really well supported overall (at least not from what is given within the film), but they're fun.  I also really liked the fact that some people are digging so far for deeper meaning in what could just be one of Kubrick's less strong works.

I watched Room 237 last night, found it amusing. I think the real entertainment is in the people's obsessiveness with the film and how at times they're really grasping at straws to backup their theories. None of the theories seemed really well supported overall (at least not from what is given within the film), but they're fun. I also really liked the fact that some people are digging so far for deeper meaning in what could just be one of Kubrick's less strong works.

There were some connections and things people picked up that were interesting, but they went on a bit too far and ruined their credibility the more they talked. It went from oh neat to oh god pretty quick. Still entertaining and the soundtrack is great.

Ive been plugging through sons of anarchy. Watched 3 seasons in about 2 weeks. First two seasons were really awesome. 3rd season was a bit of a drag but alot of people say you gotta get through it and it gets better. Last 15 minutes of season 3 were really cool though.

Went to see "Her" last night but it was sold out. Settled for Anchorman 2 and was pretty disappointed. I knew it wouldn't compare to the first one, but aside from a couple of laughs I thought it was pretty dumb. For some reason the extra scene at the end of the credits had me rolling though, definitely glad I caught that part.

Watched American Hustle the other night. Just as every bit of good as everyone says it is, but I knew it wouldn't disappoint.

I watched this last night as well, and couldn't get into it for the life of me. For a 2 1/12 hour movie it just seemed like nothing really happened the whole time. It was entertaining, just didn't live up to any of the hype in my opinion. It sucks because I love Russel's previous movies and wanted to like this so bad, it just didn't do it for me at all.

Saw Inside Llewyn Davis and Wolf of Wall Street, they both made late entrances in my  Best of 2013 leagues and will be in the top 3. As someone else had said, Wolf of Wall Street was definitely raunchy and be careful who you take to see it, but I thought it was brilliant. Inside Llewyn Davis I want to go see again already.

Watched "I Declare War" and "Trailer Park Boys: Countdown To Liquor Day" with the girlfriend last night.

I Declare War was great. Think of The Sandlot meets... Well... Any war movie you can think of. And I liked Countdown To Liquor Day soooooo much more than the first TPB movie. The first film is seemed like they were trying too hard to make it look like a movie if that makes sense. And like how someone mentioned before, the second one was just like a long episode, and I'm totally okay with that. I think Jim Lahey might be my favorite character of all-time.

Having seen the cove about a year ago and blackfish the other night makes we want to sneak into sea world at night and light the place on fire.

But in reality I would just never, ever go there and try to dissuade anyone else from as well. Probably would even picket for a day. That shit is so sad.

I'm watching Blackfish right now and my god is this sad.  I'm 100% for releasing these animals and turning Sea World into a museum.