Recently Viewing

I preordered a copy. won't make it there until 6 so they better have it set aside for me.

Was gonna preorder a copy, then figured the local store would have it. It was like fucking RSD in there today. They only got 1 copy. People were displeased.

Is it shiny and chrome?

Ehhhhhh... kinda shiny, not really chrome. Pretty sweet tho.

m2218173.jpg

Been watching through Scrubs on Netflix. One of those shows where I feel like I've seen almost every episode when they showed reruns on TV, but never in any specific order.

So good. I'd say almost perfect. Might not even watch the very last season for fear of ruining it.

Favorite show of all time. Made me cry a few times--not just the first time I watched it all.

The last season is basically a different show that has a few of the same characters, but they marketed it with the Scrubs name to get it to take off. It didn't.

What's weird is I watched every single epeisode of Scrubs, including the first, when they initially aired. I fucking lived that show.

I even watched a couple episodes of that bizarre Scrubs spin-off.

Someone turned on an episode of Scrubs when I was tripping the fuck out on acid. It was the one where Matthew Perry has an RC airplane. It looked like animated show with a pastel color scheme.

This past week I've seen:

Straight Out Of Compton - Excellent, go see it if you haven't already.

American Ultra - It wasn't a "good" movie, but I still really enjoyed it. It's a fun mess of a movie.

Irrational Man - It was good. I've only seen a couple Woody Allen movies, I didn't care for the first act of the movie, but it picked up and I like where it ended.

Pixels - Not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. It still wasn't good, but it had some fun moments.

Z For Zachariah - This one really took me by surprise. I loved it. Margot Robbie, Chiwetel Ejiofor and Chris Pine. That's the entire cast, and they killed it. I have a new respect for Margot Robbie, aside from being a total babe, she showed off some really great acting talent in this.

I know there is an orange is the new black thread, but im finaaly working through season 3 and it really isint grabbing me like the first two. I find instead of bingeing im watching an episode when i have an hour free.

Id rather put that time to my large backlog of movies i have been neglecting.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched Me and Earl and the Dying Girl last night. Sooooooooo many laughs for well...being a somewhat sad movie. The writing, directing and acting were all great and I really enjoyed it. Directer is Alfonso Gomez-Rejon who is apparently from Laredo, TX and also did the 2014 remake of The Town That Dreaded Sundown, which was also pretty good. Would recommend and I would watch it again and again. 

Subtitle Warning!

I'm currently loving a Norwegian comedy drama called Dag. No idea if it's being shown in the USA but it's on Sky Arts One in the UK. The main character is a marriage councillor who basically believes everybody should be alone. It's all about how he applies this philosophy to the real world. It's excellently acted, believable even when it's being totally ludicrous and (other than the lack of vinyl), he has the best man cave ever. Any more would spoil it.

Someone seems to be creating two new torrents a week from the UK TV broadcast. We are on season 2. Search for something like 'Dag Norwegian' and you are looking for ones that say that the subtitles are hard coded. You will not regret it.