Recently Viewing

Blitzed through The Man In The High Castle on Amazon Prime. Odd one really.

I like the premise of it a lot and from that front it's interesting. The execution (and some of the acting, oh God the acting!) wasn't the best. Will see what season 2 brings I suppose...!

Premise is dope af. The show is terrible.

I saw hateful eight in 70mm this morning and really enjoyed it. Overture, intermission and playbill program were all a nice touch. It all looked great in 70mm, even the lodge where it captured all the little nuances in such a small space. I think its only playing for a few more days so dont sleep on it.

Glad to hear 70mm is worth it. I think it's running through the weekend. I really hope that I can find time to see it.

Glad to hear 70mm is worth it. I think it's running through the weekend. I really hope that I can find time to see it.

If you do make sure you show up on time. Zero previews and starts after the 3 minute overture. People were rolling in 15 late and thinking they missed the previews. Then realized it was sold out and had no good seats and missed the firsr 12 minutes of the movie.

I posted this earlier on Facebook. Though I'd share here too.

In 2015 I saw 152 movies in theaters, of those, 143 different movies, and 136 movies I had never seen before. Here's my top Fifteen:
Wild Tales
Spotlight
The Martian
Imitation Game
Ex Machina
Room
Star Wars The Force Awakens
Z For Zachariah
Sicario
The Wrecking Crew
What We Do In The Shadows
The Intern
The Stanford Prison Experiment
Slow West
Bridge Of Spies

Anyone else checking out The Expanse on syfy? Interesting so far but only two episodes in personally. It has a lot of promise. 

Yeah. The 1st four episodes are online and just powered through them. I read the books so i was stoked on watching this. It's getting good. Not sure, if you read the 1st book, but it seems to be following it fairly faithfully. It's got it work cut out for it with trying to capture the complexity of the space-o-political climate and interpersonal relationships, while telling 3 "separate" stories at the start. However, i am pleased. I wasn't too thrilled on actor playing Holden at first, but he's growing on me. In the book Chrisjen swears up a storm, so sadly, we she wont be dropping any F-bombs on SyFy. The person who does her voice in the audiobook is awesome. There are only ten episodes in the season, so it should be an intense pace if they plan on covering all the main plot points in the whole 1st book.

i've been on sci-fi kick and wanted to see if you guys have any good recommendations.

so far i've recently watched:

solaris (1972)

2001: a space odyssey

interstellar

the martian

a scanner darkly

contact

beyond the black rainbow

children of men

sunshine

her

star wars (1-7)