Recently Viewing

I saw both This Is 40 and Silver Linings Playbook tonight, working at a theater has its perks.  This Is 40 was really good, but had more drama to it than I expected.  The balance of comedy and seriousness was really well done though.  Silver Linings Playbook was also really good, and I wasn't expecting such a performance from Cooper or De Niro.  It also focused more on mental illness than I thought it would and was less of a romantic comedy.  Plus Jennifer Lawrence's body.  ughghghghghh.

Now I'm back home and watching Blue Valentine.

Not a movie, but I've been watching the shit out of Dr. Who.  It's so good.  Anybody who has netflix and loves sci-fi needs to give it a shot.

Once you get caught up on that make sure and check out Torchwood.  I don't know how far into it you are, but Torchwood is an offshoot of Dr. Who. 

cabin in the woods was movie of the year. django was awesome. watching casa di me padre in netflix right now. its ok...

Cabin in the Woods was an absolute cinematic treat. Haven't seen Django yet, but i can only imagine I'm gonna seriously enjoy it. Wes Anderson and Ridley Scott just have a special place in my heart as two of my favorite directors in their respective genres. There is typically atleast 1 will ferrell movie in my top movies of the year, this year however he didnt continue the trend.

Better than Prometheus? Better than Moonrise Kingdom? I thought it was fantastic, but JGL kinda freaked me out... Had that White Girls disgusting makeup look to him, really hard for me to stare at for 2 hours. Lol

I wasn't terribly impressed by Prometheus, though Moonrise will definitely be in my top 10 of the year. 

Cabin was definitely in my top 5.  

Seeing Django tonight, so I will wait on an official top list until the year is actually up.  

I watch way too many movies.  

Will ferrell will make up for a down year with Anchorman 2. It's crazy that a movie like talledega nights might not even be in that guys top 10 movies. That would be the crowning achievement for most comedians.

I really hope the sequel delivers.  I'm hoping it isn't like the second Hangover, which simply recycled jokes from the first film.

I really hope the sequel delivers.  I'm hoping it isn't like the second Hangover, which simply recycled jokes from the first film.

Just watched The Hangover 2 a few days ago for the first time. I really wasn't crazy about the first one aside from this image:

hangover_elevator.jpg

The second one was quite flat and predictable. Also didn't need to see Ken Jeong's dick....again.