Recently Viewing

I primarily watch documentaries on Netflix Instant. Here's some I watched recently:

The September Issue (about the making of the September issue of Vogue; didn't care for it too much)

The Parking Lot Movie (about a parking lot and its attendants in Virginia, I think? Can't remember the exact location, but it was entertaining)

Super High Me (kinda pointless, expected a little more out of it but the non-Doug Benson stuff about the DEA raiding the medical dispensaries in CA was really interesting)

Chasing Ghosts: Beyond The Arcade (I really liked this—it's a doc about the guy who created Twin Galaxies, the arcade in Iowa that played a big role in The King Of Kong doc. It also reunites a bunch of the old world record holders for the classic arcade games, including Billy Mitchell.)

did you catch that Elmo puppeteer doc? 

I always see it in the instant docs but never bothered watching. Was never interested but now I want to check it out to look for subtle man-boy love clues. 

i always push this movie on the people who complain that kristen stewart can't act.

adventureland and meet the rileys. both great movies.

and i've never seen a single twilight.

I loved Adventureland, so I will totally check out Welcome to the Rileys. Cheers for mentioning that!

Also - The Social Network was mentioned earlier, I totally dig that movie. Jesse Eisenberg is awesome (and also in Adventureland).

Just watched Doomsday Book.  I don't think it's on Instant yet, but I imagine it will be soon.  Pretty much it's 3 short stories, directed by 2 different directors, each having to do with the end of the world.  The directors being Jee-woon Kim (I Saw The Devil, A Tale Of Two Sisters) and Pil-Sung Yim (Hansel & Gretel).

Watched Bernie last night. What an odd yet enjoyable film. Not a Jack Black fan but this showed his talents nicely.

Has anyone seen this?

Other films:

Cloud Atlas - 2nd half was pretty interesting but how can I recommend this to anyone?

Flight - Good until I realized with 20 minutes left that I could script the rest of the film and did.

The Grey - How did this get made? I'd love to hear the pitch. Pass.

Madagascar 3 - I love animation. Enjoyable film.

Promised Land - Worthwhile but doesn't have to jump to the top of anyone's "Must See" list.

Skyfall - Not a Bond Fanatic by any means but I liked seeing him so flawed. Good Film.

I watched The Circle Jerks documentary over the weekend. Its ok. I really want to see the Tiffany movie. I remember watching a preview for it on youtube and felling creeped out/sorry for the people in it.

I Think We're Alone Now? It is fantastic. I highly suggest checking it out.

I loved Adventureland, so I will totally check out Welcome to the Rileys. Cheers for mentioning that!

Also - The Social Network was mentioned earlier, I totally dig that movie. Jesse Eisenberg is awesome (and also in Adventureland).

oh, it's 'welcome to'.

i only saw it once, really enjoyed it tho.

Watched Bernie last night. What an odd yet enjoyable film. Not a Jack Black fan but this showed his talents nicely.

Has anyone seen this?

Other films:

Cloud Atlas - 2nd half was pretty interesting but how can I recommend this to anyone?

Flight - Good until I realized with 20 minutes left that I could script the rest of the film and did.

Promised Land - Worthwhile but doesn't have to jump to the top of anyone's "Must See" list.

Skyfall - Not a Bond Fanatic by any means but I liked seeing him so flawed. Good Film.

The Grey is probably one of the biggest feelings of disappointment I have ever felt walking out of a movie theatre. Didn't it get good reviews and everything too? I don't get it

Brock - I thought it was about werewolves for some reason. Ha ha. Here was my pitch to my wife about watching it:

Her: The Grey, what's that about?

Me: Well, it's about werewolves, it stars Liam Neeson and oh, he has an awesome beard.

Her: Awesome. Let's do it.

20 Minutes into the film

Her: Where are the werewolves?

Me: Well, I was wrong about the werewolves but I was spot on about the beard. 

Has anyone seen this?

Other films:

Was super impressed by Black in Bernie.  Great flick. 

Brock - I thought it was about werewolves for some reason. Ha ha. Here was my pitch to my wife about watching it:

Her: The Grey, what's that about?

Me: Well, it's about werewolves, it stars Liam Neeson and oh, he has an awesome beard.

Her: Awesome. Let's do it.

20 Minutes into the film

Her: Where are the werewolves?

Me: Well, I was wrong about the werewolves but I was spot on about the beard.

Haha that's funny. But yeah I remember the previews for it made it look awesome and I was pumped to see it but then afterwards I just kept thinking to myself "what in the fuck was that".

My wife and I go to a lot of movies, usually about twice a month(or more if there are a lot of good movies out) and sure there have been movies that we both thought were stupid but The Grey was the first one we both wish we could have gotten our money back

The Master

Do you like PT Anderson? You'll dig unraveling all the subtleties. 

Hate PT Anderson? Save your $12 and 2.5 hours. 

It isn't his best work but I really enjoyed Phillip Seymour Hoffman. The acting is great and this feels like a film that will present something different upon reviewing. 

After watching the Harry Potter series for the first time, I now switched it up and got caught up on a less known series of movies.  Any of you know about the Batman movies with Christian Bale?  I just watched the Dark Knight and the Dark Knight Rises.  In the past I've watched parts of the Dark Knight but I just end up getting furious at bales upper lip and give up watching it.

Great movies I just wish I didn't hate Christian Bales upper lip so much.  Fuck I cannot express my hatred for his lack of an upper lip. 

The Master

Do you like PT Anderson? You'll dig unraveling all the subtleties.

Hate PT Anderson? Save your $12 and 2.5 hours.

It isn't his best work but I really enjoyed Phillip Seymour Hoffman. The acting is great and this feels like a film that will present something different upon reviewing.

I normally love him, but I felt stupid after watching this, like I was supposed to get it and I didn't.

Sorry for the double post.

I re watched Airheads last night and boy did it hold up. Steve Buscemi is great in that movie.

I want to watch Tiny Furniture again.

My friend said I would really like 'take this waltz'

I remember when Airheads came out. My local theater sponsored a battle of the bands for before the first showing. My friend/neighbor Brandon's band performed. He later played in Leftover Crack. I like to remember the kid who played the Airheads premiere as the one-time drummer of LoC, I think it's a nice juxtaposition.