I've heard that one because of the Gaslight RSD 10". I just don't get it. He's not a good guitar player (just strumming chords). His voice isn't anything great. The lyrics seem good but they aren't amazing.

I thought maybe it's one of those bands that doesn't have great songs but a ton of good ones. Maybe you gotta listen to the whole album and not just singles? I dunno. I keep trying to get into them and thinking "am I missing something?"

hmmmmmm - this is a "live" performance with him and sean carey (BI's drummer)

You can significantly speed up the process if you don't include color, then deal with it later as things come up. Taking them out, checking, trying to get them back in without the paper sleeves being caught on the little notch where the jacket was glued together takes a little bit of time.

I've heard that one because of the Gaslight RSD 10". I just don't get it. He's not a good guitar player (just strumming chords). His voice isn't anything great. The lyrics seem good but they aren't amazing.

I thought maybe it's one of those bands that doesn't have great songs but a ton of good ones. Maybe you gotta listen to the whole album and not just singles? I dunno. I keep trying to get into them and thinking "am I missing something?"

Listen to the song 'Holocene' and tell me you didn't feel something. Say "Towers" doesn't inspire something in you.

I'm a huge Gaslight Anthem fan, so much though that I have '59 tattooed behind my ear, but I can still acknowledge that Justin Vernon is a far more talented songwriter than Brian Fallon.

Whenever someone mentions Bon Iver the only thing I can think of is when Justin Timberlake impersonated him on SNL and fell asleep playing his music.

I'm pretty positive if I could ever listen to an entire Bon Iver song I would fall asleep too.

caveat, not to say he's not talented, just not for me.

Brought my car into the shop because someone rear-ended me, guy says I'll be getting a survey.  "Remember, anything under 10 is a failure."  I hear that all the time from these places.  Why have 8 other numbers???  So I'm just supposed to lie because he made me feel bad about it?  What's the point of having the survey in the first place if you don't want honest results?

Brought my car into the shop because someone rear-ended me, guy says I'll be getting a survey.  "Remember, anything under 10 is a failure."  I hear that all the time from these places.  Why have 8 other numbers???  So I'm just supposed to lie because he made me feel bad about it?  What's the point of having the survey in the first place if you don't want honest results?

If the dude wants a 10, he should provide service that would qualify for a 10.  We do surveys based on our performance here where I work, and each time I tell the customer that they will receive a survey, I make sure that they know they should answer honestly, not just the response that makes me look good at my job.  

there is only one guy on the third floor at work. each floor, a different company. he doesn't partake kindly to new dumpers using his bathroom (public). i don't use the first floor (too much traffic) and i don't use my floor (too many asses on it everyday).

he has acted out in frustration. within the last week he has:

ripped up all the toilet paper on remaining roll
left turds on the porcelain part where theres no water (like a turtle sunning itself)
he turns off the light if you are in there
he shat on the piping that leads to the wall
he takes the soap
he takes the paper towels to dry hands

he thinks he's going to scare me away.

Here's a question. Did the Star Wars thread on the main vinyl board get deleted? Where did it go? What happened? I sure as hell didn't delete it. 

I can access a cached copy but it looks like the actual thread has been deleted. Weird.

FYI. The OP of any thread has to the power to delete their thread at any time.

there is only one guy on the third floor at work. each floor, a different company. he doesn't partake kindly to new dumpers using his bathroom (public). i don't use the first floor (too much traffic) and i don't use my floor (too many asses on it everyday).

he has acted out in frustration. within the last week he has:

ripped up all the toilet paper on remaining roll

left turds on the porcelain part where theres no water (like a turtle sunning itself)

he turns off the light if you are in there

he shat on the piping that leads to the wall

he takes the soap

he takes the paper towels to dry hands

he thinks he's going to scare me away.

holy shit that is fucking awesome/hilarious, I just laughed so hard IN REAL LIFE

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic