I started sorting through my 7" collection today. It's getting big enough that I want to alphabetize it to make it easier to find things. I don't really know where to put some of the split singles though. 

How do you (or do you?) sort your 7"s?

A question in a similar vein: When an album comes with a 7" [or 10" for that matter] in the sleeve, do y'all keep it in the sleeve or store it seperately?

Might be a bit unorthodox but for splits I go alphabetically by the name of the band I prefer most. Sometimes it might be hard to pick, but usually I just go by the band that I initially bought the split for. I just find it works since it ends up in with their other material that way.

This is about how I do it now. 

A question in a similar vein: When an album comes with a 7" [or 10" for that matter] in the sleeve, do y'all keep it in the sleeve or store it seperately?

With 7"s, unless it's part of the album, Like Godspeed's Don't Bend, Ascend!, I separate them. Sigur Ros' Takk and Kveikur are the only albums I own that came with 10"s and I keep them in the sleeves because I don't store 10"s and 12"s seperately anyways. the sleeve for the Kveikur disc is flimsy as is, and I store my 10"s on the same shelf, so I figured I'd just leave it in there. The package for Takk is beautiful and I wish more record companies that included extra pieces of vinyl did it like this, where there's a spot in the sleeve to keep it. 

saw twin forks (fo free) last night. show ruled. met chris before the show, we talked about tattoos and what not. He really liked one of mine and took a picture of it, which I thought was really cool. also told him i write for modern-vinyl and he told me he loved the site and hopefully will give their full length a good review.

Ah, that sounds awesome! I wanted to go to that but would've had to leave the festival early and I thought I'd be seeing them at ACL day 3. Glad you had a good time! I forgot to get your number so we could meet up for a drink. Looks like I'll have to come back next year

This is about how I do it now. 

With 7"s, unless it's part of the album, Like Godspeed's Don't Bend, Ascend!, I separate them. Sigur Ros' Takk and Kveikur are the only albums I own that came with 10"s and I keep them in the sleeves because I don't store 10"s and 12"s seperately anyways. the sleeve for the Kveikur disc is flimsy as is, and I store my 10"s on the same shelf, so I figured I'd just leave it in there. The package for Takk is beautiful and I wish more record companies that included extra pieces of vinyl did it like this, where there's a spot in the sleeve to keep it. 

Yeah I kept the Sigur Ros and Godspeed ones with the LP's...but for example the 7" of B-sides with Ryan Adams Cardinology, I've been going back and forth on. I'll probably switch back and forth depending on which I prefer at a given moment haha

?

I was talking about myself since I was the last one to post in here yesterday afternoon, lol.

Mall talk is equally as bad.

Oh how is your day going mam? What are you looking for in the store?

My daddy just went to prison

........oh.......

Mall talk

Just tell me you like the weather, that's all I ask.

Eeeeeesh. I don't know why people do those kinds of things.

When I was starting college I worked part time at an Eckerd pharmacy.  I was working the register and some middle aged businessman looking guy came to me with a Visa Vanilla gift card for $100 and asked me if change is ever given in cash when using those gift cards.  I said I didn't think so, the balance is just kept on the card until it's at $0.  So the guy says "Oh good, it's a gift for my son who is a drug addict and I don't want him getting cash for drugs, so I'm getting him this instead." aaaaaaaaaaaand conversation killer.  In my brain I was just thinking that he could very easily sell the $100 giftcard for $75-$90 and still make 100% profit since it's, you know, a gift, but I was like "Oh no he won't be able to get cash back from this" and sent the guy on his way.

Awkward.

Good luck

Thanks, bu they never fucking called. I emailed the guy but got no response. I don't mind not getting a job, but they could at least call if they say they are going to.

Through some pretty crazy events, Baths (chill IDM artist if you haven't heard his tunes, sorta in the same group as Telefon Tel Aviv, Gold Panda, Four Tet, Burial, etc) guestlisted my roommate, her girlfriend and myself for his show tomorrow (today? I'm up way too late) and invited us over to his hotel to chill with him for a bit. He ended up commissioning us before we left for home to draw some stuff for him too. Really funny, laid back dude. Stoked to see him play tomorrow and give him some dumb art.

YvsTA9T.jpg

We took some idiotic pictures with him because all four of us have garbage senses of humor. Sick night.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic