It would feel like my boyfriend and I would practically end up on different sides of the planet in one of those.

I'm probably going to lean toward a queen. Current sleeping situation is a thin full sized Ikea mattress situated in a bed frame but on the floor. It looks like we sleep in a sandbox.

I need a new bed. Like, an adult bed.

Hit me with some cozy suggestions.

i feel like we're all throwing pricey mattresses at you, haha,  but after having a serta perfect day i think spending that kind of moolah for a mattress is worth it.  truly feels like im squishing into a cloud  

Hot yoga is in like a 105 degree room, Bikram is similar but the name and poses require a franchise fee, thus the more generic hot yoga.

On top of that there at multiple poses and shit depending in the style of class. Some are more strength based than others or whatever.

That solves that, then.

I can confidently say that I do not partake in hot yoga... but more power to anyone who does.

That solves that, then.

I can confidently say that I do not partake in hot yoga... but more power to anyone who does.

haha yeah it's pretty much yoga in a sauna. I just tried it last night with my roommate. It was one of the hardest workouts. I always thought Pilates was harder than yoga, and I've done Pilates for almost a year now...so terribly wrong.

haha yeah it's pretty much yoga in a sauna. I just tried it last night with my roommate. It was one of the hardest workouts. I always thought Pilates was harder than yoga, and I've done Pilates for almost a year now...so terribly wrong.

I can only imagine it'd be pretty intense.  I'd assume sessions are significantly shorter to avoid dehydration, or...?  Either way, it does sound exceptionally healthy.

I'm not sure if this applies to all classes but I was told water was not allowed during Bikram/hot yoga. You also can't leave before class is over to avoid something happening to you from any major temperature change that may occur by leaving the hot room?

I don't know. but it sounds like the most awful thing ever invented and I would without a doubt pass the fuck out.

I can only imagine it'd be pretty intense.  I'd assume sessions are significantly shorter to avoid dehydration, or...?  Either way, it does sound exceptionally healthy.

No it's about the same length 1hr-1hr 15min. You're supposed to have a snack and water beforehand.

I'm not sure if this applies to all classes but I was told water was not allowed during Bikram/hot yoga. You also can't leave before class is over to avoid something happening to you from any major temperature change that may occur by leaving the hot room?

I don't know. but it sounds like the most awful thing ever invented and I would without a doubt pass the fuck out.

Maybe that's Bikram. My roommate that does hot yoga more said she always takes water in. Apparently they put cool lavender towels on your face at the end. It's good to sweat out all the toxins in your body. I don't know how much I enjoy it yet, but it's certainly interesting haha

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic