My buddy made friends with the guys putting on our local music festival. Week ago he texted me saying that the guys emailed him asking for suggestions on bands to recruit. He brought up Tim Barry, Austin Lucas, Two Cow Garage, Drive By Truckers and Possessed by Paul James. He just now texted me say he's got a meeting set up next week with them going over bands to recruit. He told me to come up with some bands I want him to bring up. Fuck yeah, my hopes are getting high. I'm trying to keep it to mid sized bands and smaller to keep things realistic but I've brought up Ben Caplan, Emily Barker, Jolie Holland, Arlis Nancy, PJ Bond, Cory Branan, Jonah Matranga and my unrealistic one Murder by Death.

Super stoaked. Hope that they bring in a band or two or more that he brings up. It's mostly a Alt-Country, Americana and Folk festival, but they also bring in some up and coming Indie Rock acts. Stuff that is big in their local region and starting to branch out more. In the past some of the Indie hits have been Desert Noises, Pop Goes the Evil and the Blakes.

Any alt-country fest that doesn't have Neko Case headlining is a fest I don't want to be involved with! ;)

She's mid-sized as far as cost these days, right?

Yeah people went nuts for them, they were a huge hit. I was a bit burned out from the day, but liked them. Last minute because they were such a hit they added a farewell show with Desert Noises closing out the festival.

They were such a hit that for the Mile of Music New Years show they ended up bringing them back. They actually used what they had budgeted for two bands to lure Desert Noises to play.

This is pretty interesting. It's always cool to hear that a local band is doing well around the country. They deserve it. They play tons of shows and it seems like they're always on tour. They always put on a great show.

This is a pretty small festival.  It's in Appleton, WI so it definitely does have it's limitations.  Every show is also free as admittance allows.  They do offer a VIP ticket that allows priority entrance.

The headliners each year have been acts that are tied to they guy who puts it on, Corey Chisel (the local legend).  Year one it was Norah Jones.  Norah is producing his Chisels wifes new album.  Year two it was going to be the Milk Carton Kids, but they had to cancel so it was Langhorne Slim who is one of Chisels best friends. 

Because of the limitations of the Festival what they try and do is target bands that have large followings in their local region and are starting to branch out, like Desert Noises.  There are a ton of bands that have developed real strong followings in the Midwest due to their Mile of Music tours.  SC Mira was a small band that hadn't played much out of Canada and got a pretty big following in MI, WI, MN after their appearance.  Swear and Shake, Desert Noises, Mutts, Pop Goes the Evil, Nikki Lane and Sturgil Simpson are just a few of the other bands that people 'round here go pretty nuts for now

Last year they were able to bring in some pretty decent acts.  Should have had Milk Carton Kids, which would have been huge.  They did have Sturgil Simpson, Baseball Project, Autumn Defense, Boom Forest, Emporers of Wyoming, Ruby Amanfu, Turbo Fruits which is a pretty solid lineup considering what they have to work with.  Rumors are they were working on Elvis Costello last year and that fell apart, which would be a dream for me.   

This is a pretty small festival. It's in Appleton, WI so it definitely does have it's limitations. Every show is also free as admittance allows. They do offer a VIP ticket that allows priority entrance.

The headliners each year have been acts that are tied to they guy who puts it on, Corey Chisel (the local legend). Year one it was Norah Jones. Norah is producing his Chisels wifes new album. Year two it was going to be the Milk Carton Kids, but they had to cancel so it was Langhorne Slim who is one of Chisels best friends.

Because of the limitations of the Festival what they try and do is target bands that have large followings in their local region and are starting to branch out, like Desert Noises. There are a ton of bands that have developed real strong followings in the Midwest due to their Mile of Music tours. SC Mira was a small band that hadn't played much out of Canada and got a pretty big following in MI, WI, MN after their appearance. Swear and Shake, Desert Noises, Mutts, Pop Goes the Evil, Nikki Lane and Sturgil Simpson are just a few of the other bands that people 'round here go pretty nuts for now

Last year they were able to bring in some pretty decent acts. Should have had Milk Carton Kids, which would have been huge. They did have Sturgil Simpson, Baseball Project, Autumn Defense, Boom Forest, Emporers of Wyoming, Ruby Amanfu, Turbo Fruits which is a pretty solid lineup considering what they have to work with. Rumors are they were working on Elvis Costello last year and that fell apart, which would be a dream for me.

Elvis Costello would be incredible! Turbo Fruits are really fun too. Sounds like a fun little festival :)

Anyone else watching Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt?  I've found the episodes I've watched pretty amusing.  I'm glad NBC sold it to Netflix, there's no way it would've made it too long on network TV.

My boyfriend has been watching this all day. It's a weird show, but it catches my attention.

Saw a commercial for this yesterday, maybe I'll try to watch it.

HI I'M IN HERE TWO DAYS IN A ROW???

Man, I miss my old job where I got paid more to sit and talk to you guys.

Now I get paid less to hate my life.

haha - funny ^^^

Chicago was gorgeous yesterday.  

Logan Hardware FTW!!! - They keep putting out decent used product, and, if you buy something, they have an arcade in the back that is free, for every.single.game.  I played the old Tron, from the early 80's, yesterday.  I don't even play video games.  It was Rad

Also, Mo-nin everyone  ;)

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic