Charlie/Will : I have some time tomorrow and will give modem thoughts. The biggest thing I have is even if your modem litteraly dies once a year, you're still saving 40$ a year by buying one every year. And with Amazon Prime, you'll have a replacement before TWC or Comcast can get you one.

Thanks man!

Morning! Man I hate it when I expect to come home to a package and instead there is a piece of paper. Sometimes they will just leave it the second time anyways so what was the point? According to tracking they came at 6:44pm while I was out. That is the latest I think I have ever had UPS deliver if thats the real time.

I'm all for teleportation technology to take off. That way I can just "travel" to all the awesome shows that I am missing out on all across the U.S. and world and not have to plunk down coin for plane tickets and shit.

Like the As Friends Rust show in NYC. Maaaaaaaaaaan, I'd love to go to that.

That's what my best friend said to me...I told him let's get lawn seat, which are considerably cheaper, and just have a good time. Sure...I'd like to see the bands up close and all but oh well...let's still make the best of it.

:D

I'd much rather have a lawn seat at an amphitheater, for sure

Going to Tennessee next Friday... doing Nashville, Memphis & Chattanooga.

Any must see? must eat? etc?

I emailed a co-worker and friend who lives up there in the Chattanooga area. Here's what he replied:

Well, I know nothing about Memphis, other than to direct them to Beale Street.

Re: Chattanooga, there isn’t a whole lot to do other than outdoors type stuff. If they like outdoors stuff, white water rafting on the Ocoee is a ton of fun (about a half hour away though). There is paddle boarding available on the Tennessee River which is right downtown which is pretty relaxing. Restaurants: Taco Mamacita, The Terminal, Hair of the Dog. Hair of the Dog is also a cool, divey place to drink beers.

Nashville: if they like music, you can’t go wrong dropping in about anywhere on Broadway. My favorite is Robert’s Western World. Always a great band playing and they have $2 PBR’s all the time. There’s a place called The Patterson House which is an old speakeasy type place that has gotten a ton of national buzz, but I just haven’t been there before. That will likely be a little more trendy. Food: Hattie B’s for hot chicken is a pretty big must if they like fried chicken. There are also tours of The Ryman from what I understand if they are a music nerd like us.

I may have a full 8 hour shift bearing down on me, but at least it's been a good day so fart.  Ordered a bunch of Full Moon movies on amazon because that damn Bad Channels soundtrack made me miss all of my old VHS copies of those movies.  Those all came in today.  Plus I made a quick stop at the record store and they had a Monty Python box set on sale for $80.  Now I just have to find a way to watch all those movies and listen to all those records in one weekend.

I may have a full 8 hour shift bearing down on me, but at least it's been a good day so fart.  Ordered a bunch of Full Moon movies on amazon because that damn Bad Channels soundtrack made me miss all of my old VHS copies of those movies.  Those all came in today.  Plus I made a quick stop at the record store and they had a Monty Python box set on sale for $80.  Now I just have to find a way to watch all those movies and listen to all those records in one weekend.

Oooooooo, what Full Moon flix u get?

My faves include Demonic Toys, Dollman, the Puppet Master series, Netherworld, etc

Oooooooo, what Full Moon flix u get?

Some of the stuff from the glory years, when they were still with Paramount.  I've already got the Puppetmaster series which is awesome and I've been putting off buying the Trancers set but I NEED those.  Plan on picking up the Subspecies set at some point.  The stuff I picked up was basically whatever amazon had for super cheap.  Picked up a 3 DVD set with the Oblivion movies.  I've never seen the first one, but the second one was amazing.  Head of the Family which was one of the last "high budget" Full Moon flicks.  Crash and Burn, Robot Wars and Bad Channels were the others.  

So pissed a few years back I sold all my Full Moon toys.  I had all the Puppetmaster figures and a bunch of other randoms.  Now granted if I still had them they'd be just packed away in a box, but I still want them.

Was in an 80's mood yesterday but passed on the Secrets of My Success soundtrack because it was missing the song I wanted it for. Why does this happen to soundtracks??? Apparently I would have to get the Ferris Bueller for Yello - Oh Yeah. I know Im still going to end up getting that Secrets of My Success though.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic