I just applied for about 15 jobs. Half here, half in Portland. Hopefully something comes of it, since we all know how much I love my current job.

It would, but I'm really not holding my breathe on that one.

My brother lucked out and got a company to pay for the bulk of his move.  If I ever decide to move to a new city, I'm going to really push for something like that.  The idea of just boxing shit up and letting people move it for me sounds awesome.  Don't quite know if I'd trust movers with my LPs though...

It would be amazing, just not rally realistic for IT I feel like.

I barely trust myself with my records, there is not way I'd trust a moving company with them.

It would be amazing, just not rally realistic for IT I feel like.

I barely trust myself with my records, there is not way I'd trust a moving company with them.

I think it is, just depends on what you do in IT.  I know my company has paid to move some people  A startup paid to move my brother.  I think you just have to be either in high demand or just really qualified.

I think it is, just depends on what you do in IT.  I know my company has paid to move some people  A startup paid to move my brother.  I think you just have to be either in high demand or just really qualified.

A lot of the IT and web design jobs are in NYC (unfortunately). If you're well qualified you could find a job so quick there.

That escaped convict is in the hospital down the road from me.

People on my Facebook are actually WORRIED. What the actual fuck? Yo, he was just the subject of manhunt that got national coverage. You really think he's capable of escaping again? This isn't a movie, dude isn't superhuman. Motherfucker is going to be under crazy heavy lockdown.

Jon:

11c62jt.jpg

Inside the Nalgene bottle are aspirin, socks, anti-bacterial goop, and superglue. Inside the two plastic bags are a lighter, a magnesium fire starter, a tiny can opener, gauze. medical tape, toilet paper, wet wipes, tincture of iodine (for water purification) and chapstick.

I forgot to take out the two pairs of sunglasses.

The small thing on the bag in the middle-ish is a solar charger for cell phones/whatever.

The orange container has a small camp stove to go with the canister of gas.

The small yellow container is a snake bite kit.

The thing at the very bottom is a machete, it's wrapped in plastic inside the sheath because it's oiled up to prevent rust.

In my car I have another wool blanket, an 8(?) gallon water reservoir, a two person sleeping bag, a second machete (I upgraded, so now I just keep one in the car.) more rope (upgrade again), a fishing net and some wool flannel shirts.

I also have another magazine for the Glock, but I keep it with my range bag.

Things I want to ugrade:

The canned food and MREs need to be swapped out for the 3,000 calorie ration bars to save space

I still need a water purification pump.

I've been looking for a compact 2 person tent and a good very small one person tent just for me to camp in, not for the BoB.

Looking into a camping sleeping bag just for myself that I can fit in the bag easily for when I just want to camp.

I need to put together a second small knapsack for Ryan to carry, so I'm not carrying enough for two people.

Once we buy a house and I don't have to move it my next big purchase will be a long gun safe and either a shotgun or rifle. (eventually both.)

I swear I'm not crazy or a doomsday prepper. I just like to be prepared.

(only one gas mask because wife refuses to allow me to buy her one.) Also, mine is painted with a skull because I wore it one year for halloween ;)

(only one gas mask because wife refuses to allow me to buy her one.) Also, mine is painted with a skull because I wore it one year for halloween ;)

Cut that down because it's too long to quote.  That's super fascinating though!  I like the idea of a "go bag" and should probably put some sort of emergency preparedness kit.  The paint makes the gas mask look that much more awesome by the way.

I would suggest you put some bottle caps in there too.  I've heard that they're the currency of the wasteland.

Cut that down because it's too long to quote.  That's super fascinating though!  I like the idea of a "go bag" and should probably put some sort of emergency preparedness kit.  The paint makes the gas mask look that much more awesome by the way.

I would suggest you put some bottle caps in there too.  I've heard that they're the currency of the wasteland.

;) hahaha

I see the pack of cigarettes and I'm realizing my bugout bag would just be packs of cigarettes. Maybe some weed.

If the world is gonna end I'm not gonna be withdrawling while it happens

The cigs are for tradesies ;)

That's why mine would include whiskey.  I could sterilize wounds AND get blacked out drunk.

The flask is for whiskey! If I could carry more I would, it's heavy and fragile if you leave it in the bottle though.

That escaped convict is in the hospital down the road from me.

People on my Facebook are actually WORRIED. What the actual fuck? Yo, he was just the subject of manhunt that got national coverage. You really think he's capable of escaping again? This isn't a movie, dude isn't superhuman. Motherfucker is going to be under crazy heavy lockdown.

Not to mention having been shot twice in the abdomen... I'm quite sure he's not running a damn place for a long while

Jon:

11c62jt.jpg

Inside the Nalgene bottle are aspirin, socks, anti-bacterial goop, and superglue. Inside the two plastic bags are a lighter, a magnesium fire starter, a tiny can opener, gauze. medical tape, toilet paper, wet wipes, tincture of iodine (for water purification) and chapstick.

I forgot to take out the two pairs of sunglasses.

The small thing on the bag in the middle-ish is a solar charger for cell phones/whatever.

The orange container has a small camp stove to go with the canister of gas.

The small yellow container is a snake bite kit.

The thing at the very bottom is a machete, it's wrapped in plastic inside the sheath because it's oiled up to prevent rust.

In my car I have another wool blanket, an 8(?) gallon water reservoir, a two person sleeping bag, a second machete (I upgraded, so now I just keep one in the car.) more rope (upgrade again), a fishing net and some wool flannel shirts.

I also have another magazine for the Glock, but I keep it with my range bag.

Things I want to ugrade:

The canned food and MREs need to be swapped out for the 3,000 calorie ration bars to save space

I still need a water purification pump.

I've been looking for a compact 2 person tent and a good very small one person tent just for me to camp in, not for the BoB.

Looking into a camping sleeping bag just for myself that I can fit in the bag easily for when I just want to camp.

I need to put together a second small knapsack for Ryan to carry, so I'm not carrying enough for two people.

Once we buy a house and I don't have to move it my next big purchase will be a long gun safe and either a shotgun or rifle. (eventually both.)

That is very dope

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic