I might be flying for the first time in my next month. What sites do you all use to find the best price on tickets? There are so many I don't know which is best. I'm flying here to Omaha, so it looks like I'll have to do a lay over in Chicago regardless.

the noise of my coffee maker is deafening.

Gotcha. I bought a new maker a few months ago and have never been happier with it thanks to it being so quiet and having such a nice carafe. Not bad at $35 from Walmart too, was in the top 10 coffee makers from the year before so I gave it a shot. 

Gotcha. I bought a new maker a few months ago and have never been happier with it thanks to it being so quiet and having such a nice carafe. Not bad at $35 from Walmart too, was in the top 10 coffee makers from the year before so I gave it a shot.

I'm thinking about getting one of those really cool coffee shop style pro machines. I used to think they start at like 1k, but there's pretty good ones for around 200-300 bucks. Anyone here who has any experience with stuff like that?

Pffffffffft....dude...get on that skateboard and go shred!

I'm 39 and still doing so-called dumb things.

I know! You're totally right.. Yet I'm at some weird point where I'm having a hard time finding out what kind of behavior feels right to me. I stopped drinking alcohol seven years ago, don't do drugs and rarely go out anymore. I'm absolutely happy with the way I am. I love my job, my girl and my cat. But sometimes I just want to shred shit to the ground.

The best thing I can tell you that I've learnt along the way is this: do what makes you happy. No matter what age you are or may feel like, it's all down to what you feel fulfills you and moves you along. If you grow along the way, great. But at the same time don't get constrained by the norms and ideals that society may force upon you. 

I'm on the cusp of turning 40. And yet still think and feel younger than that. I do things that could be looked down upon b/c of my age like listening to hardcore and punk and going to shows and being financially irresponsible (don't recommend that) and yet...it's all good. 

If I were to get caught up on the pressures from society and parents and life that I should've settled down already with a wife and kids and house and all that stuff...dude...I would have lost my mind already. 

The best thing I can tell you that I've learnt along the way is this: do what makes you happy..

That's the tough part. I'm happy with the way things are going, but at the same time it's hard to not be afraid of missing out by not doing things differently. It's nights like these when those thoughts really bug me.

As you said, things are gonna be alright when I continue doing what makes me happy. I'll go grab that board now, cause fuck it. Thanks for the uplifting words Juan!

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic