I don't have an RPi, but I'm super fluent in Linux.  Might be able to help.

I just fixed it. Appearently my version of OSMC doesn't like two of the four USB ports. I'll fix that if I ever do anything else, but I just have the HDD and keyboard/remote I have coming Thursday to plug in, so it isn't an issue as of now. I'm just using it as a media center for my TV/movies/anime I have *not* torrented since the XBONE doesn't support subtitles on a .mkv file. Thanks a lot though!

ugh it just looks too sparkly compared to when I read them as a kid, life goes by too quick

I LOVED the Goosebump books as a kid. They started when I was in 2nd grade and I probably have the first 50+ in storage at my dad's...

But have you tried reading them as NOT a child? Cause they're terrible. Poorly written and really cheesy/stupid. There was a blogger who went back and read them all and made detailed in depth posts about each one. A great read, but you really see how terrible they actually were.

Of course it's kid stuff so it's no surprise that it's actually terrible.

I just fixed it. Appearently my version of OSMC doesn't like two of the four USB ports. I'll fix that if I ever do anything else, but I just have the HDD and keyboard/remote I have coming Thursday to plug in, so it isn't an issue as of now. I'm just using it as a media center for my TV/movies/anime I have *not* torrented since the XBONE doesn't support subtitles on a .mkv file. Thanks a lot though!

Looks like OSMC is based on Kodi.  See if the smart phone remote app for Kodi works with that as well.  It's really nice just being able to use your phone as a remote.

Looks like OSMC is based on Kodi.  See if the smart phone remote app for Kodi works with that as well.  It's really nice just being able to use your phone as a remote.

I have an IR beacon coming that will connect any remote, but I'll probably use my TV remote because I'm frequently playing on my phone while watching TV. Plus when I'm not supposed to be up at 3AM and someone in the hall comes by having reaction time is crucial, which makes me want to use my standard TV remote.

I have an IR beacon coming that will connect any remote, but I'll probably use my TV remote because I'm frequently playing on my phone while watching TV. Plus when I'm not supposed to be up at 3AM and someone in the hall comes by having reaction time is crucial, which makes me want to use my standard TV remote.

I have a real remote and use it to pause things, that's about it.  The phone app makes queue management and things like that easier.  Nice to have them both, but if I had to chose I'd stick with the app.  I'd say give it a shot, I was really impressed with it.

Edit : The web UI isn't bad either.  Nice having a bunch of different options!

Some motherfucker took the JBL speakers I was looking at at Goodwill. I was looking at one and turned my head away for 30 seconds to look for my dad and this SOB and his friend took them. They weren't the big ones that I really wanted, but they were the ones that are about 18" tall that would have been an upgrade. God damn...

I LOVED the Goosebump books as a kid. They started when I was in 2nd grade and I probably have the first 50+ in storage at my dad's...

But have you tried reading them as NOT a child? Cause they're terrible. Poorly written and really cheesy/stupid. There was a blogger who went back and read them all and made detailed in depth posts about each one. A great read, but you really see how terrible they actually were.

Of course it's kid stuff so it's no surprise that it's actually terrible.

I actually just started reading Animorphs again. Fucking nostalgia

Sitting a bar by myself. Women's professional bowling is on the tv. I'm sitting here like a weirdo watching intently and shaking my head when I think it's not gonna be a strike and nodding when approval when it's going to be.

I'm fucking weirdo. I also like bowling too much.

Bowling is amazing. I was in a league for years.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic