Damn Will, I'm really sorry to hear that. That's a pretty shitty reason to let you go, since it was not directly your fault. I'm sure you'll get the Verizon job though, and won't have to worry about this anymore.

This. 

Keep your chin up, Will. It'll all work out and you'll snag that Verizon job. Just you watch!

We're here for ya if anything!

3 could have been much better and it was nowhere near the mess that Resurrection was. It's unfortunate that Fincher didn't have the pull that he does now, it would have been great to see what he actually wanted the movie to be. It's also been quite a few years since I've watched it, so my dislike of it might be harsher than it deserves. I've been meaning to rewatch Alien and Aliens, might as well tack 3 on :)

3 is so depressing. I will love it for that.

No matter what...the entire Alien quadrilogy will always be my all-time favorite film series. Each movie has its own merits. The third one, although a mess once the studio got involved and made it a mess, is still awesome. Very bleak and depressing as Ghostie said. It should've been left at that. Resurrection drew me in and I will still champion it b/c I'm a huge fan of Jean-Pierre Jenuet's movies (Amelie, City of Lost Children, etc.) so I figured it's be more of an art-house take on the franchise than anything else. It was decent and engaging...but of course ot fell on its ass compared to the original and the second. Plus let's be real...the plot/story of Ripley being cloned and having the Queen embryo is fuckin' ludicrous and worthy of incessant eye-rolls.

I bid on something on ebay, and regretted it right away. Hoped to get outbid, but didn't. Oh well, looks like I own a Technics SL-5 now as a back-up table. Was only $50 (+ whatever a decent p-mount cart will be), so not too bad. I should have bought a spin clean instead. Oh well, always next paycheck if my car is not going to cost a ton.

No matter what...the entire Alien quadrilogy will always be my all-time favorite film series. Each movie has its own merits. The third one, although a mess once the studio got involved and made it a mess, is still awesome. Very bleak and depressing as Ghostie said. It should've been left at that. Resurrection drew me in and I will still champion it b/c I'm a huge fan of Jean-Pierre Jenuet's movies (Amelie, City of Lost Children, etc.) so I figured it's be more of an art-house take on the franchise than anything else. It was decent and engaging...but of course ot fell on its ass compared to the original and the second. Plus let's be real...the plot/story of Ripley being cloned and having the Queen embryo is fuckin' ludicrous and worthy of incessant eye-rolls.

The worst part of Resurrection is they took huge chunks of the William Gibson Alien 3 script a pissed it away on it.

The setting and idea of being a lab in space conducting secret tests... so sad... his script was so much better.

So I just lost my job. One of the other key holders didn't put the money in the safe and I'm being fired for it. Luckily I just paid rent and I'm going through the background check for Verizon currently but idk how I'm going to tell Candace. It won't go negatively on my background check (so they say) but I was already stressed about and not my blood pressure is through the roof. I've just been in a daze. I really don't know how I drove home. I want to drink but I'm afraid I'll get really angry or emotional. I've just been holding it in. I'm sorry I'm rambling guys but I just need to get this out and this is a safe place.

I've never been fired before. I fucked up....I really fucked up

Wow, Will. So sorry to hear this, dude. I really hope things look up for you and that you get that other job. 

Thank you guys. You are all the best. I'm staying positive for Verizon but I'm putting in apps tomorrow just in case.

I'll echo their sentiment. that's a raw deal and the commitment you have for her and taking care of her is unmatched. I believe your good karma for this will pay off. I hope things get better.

Yesterday morning I got off work in a daze ( I work graveyards, so I'm usually in a zombified state come the end of my shift).  I went to swing by my bank to pick up some cash when I realized they were closed, as it was a weekend. I was grooving on some Metal Fingers Special Herbs and didn't wanna stop, so I figured I could keep it going with the door open wide while I hit up the ATM.  As I slipped my card into the slot, I heard my car door close behind me.  I thought for a split second "fuck, I hope it's not locked" and turned around.

Sure enough, it was.

So there I am, locked out of my running car with some chill ass beats pumping from inside.  My phone sat upon my passenger seat, taunting me.  I had to run to the nearest business (that was open this early) to find a phone to call AAA.  The girl from AAA stuck to her script, deliberately pronouncing every word and repeating everything I relayed to her, despite the knowledge that the car that I was locked out of was running.

I waited nearly 30 minutes before the guy showed up to open my door and save my ass.  I was relieved.

Halfway down the freeway, I realized my card was still in the ATM...

Really dude.. Your life is way too funny for you to not do stand up comedy :D

Speaking of that, I need to think of my set for this coming week.  I did a (horrible) musical number last week and I learned that I will never do that again.  I need to stick to talking about my dick.  That keeps it short and simple  :lol:

Me and Jim got too drunk at this Woodstock party thing and now I'm trying to decide if I should go get stuff to make breakfast.

I made it into the living room before I got too tired and needed to lay down.

Me and Jim got too drunk at this Woodstock party thing and now I'm trying to decide if I should go get stuff to make breakfast.

I made it into the living room before I got too tired and needed to lay down.

Eat a banana and drink a bunch of water.  Maybe take an advil.  Let that hangover drift away.

THEN BREAKFAST!

Yesterday morning I got off work in a daze ( I work graveyards, so I'm usually in a zombified state come the end of my shift). I went to swing by my bank to pick up some cash when I realized they were closed, as it was a weekend. I was grooving on some Metal Fingers Special Herbs and didn't wanna stop, so I figured I could keep it going with the door open wide while I hit up the ATM. As I slipped my card into the slot, I heard my car door close behind me. I thought for a split second "fuck, I hope it's not locked" and turned around.

Sure enough, it was.

So there I am, locked out of my running car with some chill ass beats pumping from inside. My phone sat upon my passenger seat, taunting me. I had to run to the nearest business (that was open this early) to find a phone to call AAA. The girl from AAA stuck to her script, deliberately pronouncing every word and repeating everything I relayed to her, despite the knowledge that the car that I was locked out of was running.

I waited nearly 30 minutes before the guy showed up to open my door and save my ass. I was relieved.

Wow. That just all around sucks. Hopefully things start to look up for the rest of the week

Yesterday morning I got off work in a daze ( I work graveyards, so I'm usually in a zombified state come the end of my shift).  I went to swing by my bank to pick up some cash when I realized they were closed, as it was a weekend. I was grooving on some Metal Fingers Special Herbs and didn't wanna stop, so I figured I could keep it going with the door open wide while I hit up the ATM.  As I slipped my card into the slot, I heard my car door close behind me.  I thought for a split second "fuck, I hope it's not locked" and turned around.

Sure enough, it was.

So there I am, locked out of my running car with some chill ass beats pumping from inside.  My phone sat upon my passenger seat, taunting me.  I had to run to the nearest business (that was open this early) to find a phone to call AAA.  The girl from AAA stuck to her script, deliberately pronouncing every word and repeating everything I relayed to her, despite the knowledge that the car that I was locked out of was running.

I waited nearly 30 minutes before the guy showed up to open my door and save my ass.  I was relieved.

I worked at AAA for a long time, and it's kinda hard to care. Some offices are really strict on sticking to the script, regardless of how fast someone needs service. I always tried to make cars running a priority, but some towing companies don't care. Our club was really bad at it, since we had no good towing companies and in some areas the average wait was 4-5 hours regardless of the service. AAA sucks is what I'm trying to say. They'd also pay the call takers less than minimum wage if they legally could, all in the name of non-profits.

I am fucking speechless right now.

Last night, I lost my wallet in a mall parking lot. My girlfriend and I only went to one store for maybe twenty minutes, tops. When we got back to my car, I realized my wallet was gone. I've never lost my wallet before, but of course the one time I do lose it, I have my fucking social security card in it (I needed it to fill out some paperwork for a new job the other day, and I stupidly forgot to take it out right away).

Anyways, I start to freak out. If it was just my credit card/debit card, it wouldn't have been that big of a deal. Cancel the cards and whatnot, people lose those all the time, whatever. I started thinking what would happen if it got into the wrong hands, and your social security number is obviously a pretty big deal, so needless to say I was freaking out. I must have retraced my steps through the parking lot and the store we went to at least 10 times. I cancelled my cards, but I was freaked out that my social security card was floating around somewhere out there. I was so mad at myself. Left my information with the store and mall security, but things were looking bleak. after maybe a half hour of looking, I had to give up and head home. I was so devastated/pissed/worried.

Fast forward to this morning. I wake up thinking how shitty it's going to be to get all this shit back that I lost. Of course the credit bureaus that you report this kind of stuff to are only open Monday-Friday, so I was not too happy this morning.

I decide to watch some Netflix to get my mind off things, when all of a sudden I hear my doorbell ring. I flew out of bed and saw some random guy standing at my front door. I answered and the guy goes, "You must be Justin, I found your wallet last night." and he takes my fucking wallet out of his back pocket. My heart and jaw dropped. I was speechless. All I could do was pull the cash out of my wallet and hand it to him, I somehow muttered, "Here dude, you gotta take this, thank you so fucking much." He politely declined. This dude drove nearly 40 minutes to my house, I was astonished. I shook his hand and gave him a hug, tried offering him some more money for the insanely good deed he just did. He declined again, saying it was all good, and he was on his way. I nearly started crying out of disbelief and happiness. I never expected something like that to happen to me.

Sorry if this got too long, but I am blown away right now. This random dude did the most selfless thing for a complete stranger, and I am so happy. He showed me that there really are great people out there who do great things and don't expect a single thing in return.

The biggest shout out to Steve. What a fucking guy.

Now I have some serious karma to repay. Oh, and I took my dumbass social security card out of my wallet. I sure as shit learned my lesson.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic