I used to love Radiohead, but they've really started to bore me and I can only listen to a select few songs.

An IT recruiter called me at lunch, so trying to find a new job through them. Hopefully it pans out.

I got randomly hit up by an IT recruiter and ended up finding the sickest job I can imagine. Good luck to you man!!!

That's new... never heard someone doing that.

Yeah, I'd just wash a thing or two as I needed it and let the rest sit. It was nasty, will make sure to wash everything after I use it now.

I got randomly hit up by an IT recruiter and ended up finding the sickest job I can imagine. Good luck to you man!!!

Thanks. I'm hoping something good comes of it, since I'm at the breaking point at my current job.

Thanks. I'm hoping something good comes of it, since I'm at the breaking point at my current job.

That's exactly where I was at my old job. Cool jobs are out there, though. Usually the hardest part is finding them in the first place. That's where recruiters help the most. They know what places are actually looking to hire and shit. Based on what you have mentioned in this thread, it sounds like you have a lot of solid experience so I can't imagine it would be too hard to find a dope gig for you.

Tina... what kind of IT do you specialize in?

I'm trying to get my degree in applied computer science. It seems this one isn't like an engineering degree since I only have to go up to calc 2 and physics engineering isn't required. It's basically just programming classes with the usual college basics in English, history, etc.

I'm trying to get my degree in applied computer science. It seems this one isn't like an engineering degree since I only have to go up to calc 2 and physics engineering isn't required. It's basically just programming classes with the usual college basics in English, history, etc.

What languages do you know?

What would you like to do in IT?

Maybe if I can graduate this can happen to me too ??? :(

It's definitely something you might want to look into! When I first met with my recruiter I went in with pretty low expectations, mainly because I thought I would be fine on my own. Then they ended up finding something that was a perfect fit for me.

In the end, it's worth a shot.

What languages do you know?

What would you like to do in IT?

I'm not very fluent in any of them yet but I know the very basics of

Visual Basic

C++

Java

C#

HTML/css

I took script programming which i was really excited about but it was a complete waste. The teacher talked only of himself and there were no tests or assignments and at the last few days he had us copy his code for a final project and we just had to design a 5 webpages which could all link to each other. It had a lot of potential but the teacher was awful.

And then I've taken basics in networking and Basics in hardware and software troubleshooting but I really didn't grasp that much from that class. It seemed like a lot to take in with just one semester.

I would say I'm a junior at this point. I have a lot of classes ahead of me but it's basically just programming from now on.

And then I've taken classes on photoshop, flash, access which were fun but I don't know if they are classes that would help ?

The problem is that I'm a beginner with all of it so I'm not very hirable until i graduate. Im still not really sure what my dream job would be, but hopefully that's something I can learn once I get closer to graduating ?

This semester I'm taking more Java, mobile app development, Unix/Linux ,computer illustrator and I'm going to try and get into another programming class which I believe is coding more in c++.

It's definitely something you might want to look into! When I first met with my recruiter I went in with pretty low expectations, mainly because I thought I would be fine on my own. Then they ended up finding something that was a perfect fit for me.

In the end, it's worth a shot.

Dumb question, but where do I go to find a recruiter ?

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic