curious question for everyone:

what age did you move out of your parents house? or what age are you planning on it?

I got kicked out at 16 and survived ever since. For a good 3 years I was partying EVERY DAY. Then I started to get a hold of myself, sobered up, got a full time job and went to college.

So I woke up by the sound of glass smashing on the ground. I knew my cat had a fight with a glass or something so I went up to clean shit up. It was then that I realized the glass she destroyed was the one on my night table and the glass splinters I meant to pick up were already inside my feet. I could swear the cat was looking at me, laughing meticulously.

With that being said, good morning everyone!

So I woke up by the sound of glass smashing on the ground. I knew my cat had a fight with a glass or something so I went up to clean shit up. It was then that I realized the glass she destroyed was the one on my night table and the glass splinters I meant to pick up were already inside my feet. I could swear the cat was looking at me, laughing meticulously.

...ouch

It was a chore getting into work today. I had to walk down the street and wait for there to be a break in the marathon to cross, then my badge did not work on the side door, so I had to find a secuirty guard to let me in. I was like 10 minutes late, but whatever.

It was a chore getting into work today. I had to walk down the street and wait for there to be a break in the marathon to cross, then my badge did not work on the side door, so I had to find a secuirty guard to let me in. I was like 10 minutes late, but whatever.

Marathon?

I keep drifting in and out of consciousness.  I swear, I've slept more at my work this shift than I did on my day off.  I have somehow mastered the art of instant deep sleep that can be broken with the lightest sound of warning.

Marathon?

I keep drifting in and out of consciousness.  I swear, I've slept more at my work this shift than I did on my day off.  I have somehow mastered the art of instant deep sleep that can be broken with the lightest sound of warning.

The city has 3 marathons a year, and today is one that is sponsored by Goodyear (where I work). Since they sponsor it, it is in front of our building and the surrounding area. All the streets in the area were blocked, so I had to go way out of my way to get to the one street not blocked to get here. Was annoying. We have a bridge that connects our parking deck and building, but they would not let me through it today since it was for "VIPs to sit in only".

It was a chore for me to just roll out of bed. I think I would have given up having to do all of that.

I thought about saying fuck it, and turning around to go home. Me and my damn good work ethic for a job I absolutely hate.

It's just a fancy name for a long race.

It's Greek or something.

:P

The city has 3 marathons a year, and today is one that is sponsored by Goodyear (where I work). Since they sponsor it, it is in front of our building and the surrounding area. All the streets in the area were blocked, so I had to go way out of my way to get to the one street not blocked to get here. Was annoying. We have a bridge that connects our parking deck and building, but they would not let me through it today since it was for "VIPs to sit in only".

Maybe you could tell your boss you got caught up in the commotion and had to join the marathon.  It'd explain the exhaustion, lateness, and general irascibility.  B)

Payroll usually catches it. I had to fix about 10 of those today. Someone sucks at their job causing all those problems.

You guys are crazy working all those hours. I'd rather be poor than work so damn much. I hate my 8.5 hours days.

Id rather work my ass off now while I'm young (plus I'm saving 12% toward my 401K) so I can retire and sit on my ass later while playing with my future grandkids

This just shows you that you can't trust anyone, not even your cat

Especially not your cat. They're like roommates that don't pay rent, secretly despise you, and shit in a box - then act like they're better than you when you have to clean it out.

I love cats. ^_^

This is like my dachshund. Her and I argue so much and she keeps getting in my purse !! She was mad at me and she flipped her food dish and threw my glove in her water dish. Terrible terrible dog but I love her. She also keeps rolling around and unplugging everything

Speaking of cats, have I ever told you guys about my business idea?

Everyone loves kittens - they're lovable little fluffy bundles of cuteness and blissful playfulness.  But then they eventually turn into cats - which suck (as outlined above).  So my idea is to have a business in which you can get a kitten from me and once it turns into a cat, you can exchange it for a brand new baby bundle of joy.  You can do this for as long as you want, having a kitten for years, ad infinitum.  I will call the business FOREVER KITTENS.

Now you may wonder, "record_junkie, what are you going to do with all of these fully-grown cats that people give you?

Now this is where the profit comes in.  Next door to Forever Kittens, I will open a Chinese food restaurant.

Because everyone knows... cats will work for free.   ;)

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic