Just go to best buy then, you should be able to get a decent one at a decent price there.

Just google reviews before you buy it if your skeptical

Yeah, that is my plan after work. Hopefully they have a decent one, but I'm sure this will be the only time I ever use it.

Doing some thinking about my trip, am I allowed to take cigarettes and a lighter in my carry on? I know there is a lot of restrictions lately. I'm sure I won't have time to smoke on my layover (if O'hare even has a smoking area), so I'll need them right there for when I land.

Doing some thinking about my trip, am I allowed to take cigarettes and a lighter in my carry on? I know there is a lot of restrictions lately. I'm sure I won't have time to smoke on my layover (if O'hare even has a smoking area), so I'll need them right there for when I land.

Yes on cigs and lighter

My silly ass rolled a hash cig for a trip to Cancun, and they didn't say shit.  They had no clue.

Yes on cigs and lighter

My silly ass rolled a hash cig for a trip to Cancun, and they didn't say shit.  They had no clue.

That's pretty damn bold. And good to know. I was just concerned since I know there are weird regulations these days. Hopefully my bag will be small enough to carry on, but it won't be a big deal. I'll have my laptop bag with me I can toss important stuff in I don't want lost (like my anxiety meds).

That's pretty damn bold. And good to know. I was just concerned since I know there are weird regulations these days. Hopefully my bag will be small enough to carry on, but it won't be a big deal. I'll have my laptop bag with me I can toss important stuff in I don't want lost (like my anxiety meds).

They won't say anything about your meds even!  They could care less if they are yours, or not.  It was very much a learning moment when I witnessed how they are checking these days.  Mind you, that was 2.5 yrs ago.

The hash cig was me being an ass.  I completely forgot it was in the pack.  I wasn't trying to test the system.  I didn't realize it was in there until I was standing in line to be scanned.  The pack was open, which I actually thought would be better if they wanted to look through the pack.  The hash was crumbled.  Blended in, apparently, with the tobacco.  

Complete muck up on my part.  Pure luck

also, the carry on must fit under the seat.  I understand they have compartments above, but they will bitch if it doesn't fit. 

Haha, sounds like pure luck. Been a bad day if a drug dog was there for some reason.

Maybe I'll buy some nasty snus to just have something on my layover. I imagine I'll be pretty stressed out figured out everything my first time flying, so I'll need it.

I'd have driven, but my anxiety would not let me make the 13 hour drive. I would prefer to drive.

Am I allowed to bring snacks? Can I bring some crackers or something in case I get hungry? I know you have to buy drinks after security and can't bring your own.

I'd have driven, but my anxiety would not let me make the 13 hour drive. I would prefer to drive.

Am I allowed to bring snacks? Can I bring some crackers or something in case I get hungry? I know you have to buy drinks after security and can't bring your own.

I honestly cannot recall right now.  Someone else probably knows

Holy crap!!!

Just got announced that HUM and Failure will be coming down this way in October. And with Torche!

So pumped!!!! And broke!!!!

I think Nothing is playing a few shows with them too.

Yes. You can bring food through, just not liquid. Until the terrorists learn to make sandwich bombs.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic