I think I got sick on the airplane, because I feel terrible today. So many people were coughing and sneezing. Hopefully it'll go away soon, don't need to be sick my entire vacation.

so I just ordered my daughter 2 shirts for spirit days at her school, and I was going to order myself a shirt also, and couldn't bring myself to spend 49.95 on a shirt. then I realized, if it was a record, I wouldn't have thought twice. I may have a problem.

A $50 shirt is a fucking war crime. I'm still mad that there are so many $20 shirts.

So, I decide to get tickets to take the Bride to go see The Front Bottoms because we stumbled across the band a month ago and she really likes them.

Anyway, I go to get the tickets online and the dropdown only lets me pick one ticket. I assume you have to buy one at a time so the names will appear on the tickets, so I buy one, go back to the page and find out that I had purchased the last ticket. Show is sold out. Apparently the band is pretty popular. I'm old and don't know these things.

What the fuck do I do now?

Stubhub has one for more than twice what I paid for one. I hate this shit.

I just left for my lunch break a few minutes ago. I hop on my 70s 100cc Honda motorcycle to head home to get something to eat. As I'm riding home I noticed a Lamborghini chasing a Ferrari on the next street over. I continue on my way home. A mile or so later, I'm coming out of a residential neighborhood that I cut though to get home. There are the Lamborghini and the Ferrari again. 

So essentially, in a race through the city, I was able to keep up with two supercars on my 100cc motorcycle. 

B)

So, I decide to get tickets to take the Bride to go see The Front Bottoms because we stumbled across the band a month ago and she really likes them.

Anyway, I go to get the tickets online and the dropdown only lets me pick one ticket. I assume you have to buy one at a time so the names will appear on the tickets, so I buy one, go back to the page and find out that I had purchased the last ticket. Show is sold out. Apparently the band is pretty popular. I'm old and don't know these things.

What the fuck do I do now?

Stubhub has one for more than twice what I paid for one. I hate this shit.

Pay double, or sell for double. That's a really strange and shitty coincidence you'd buy the last ticket. Maybe check back a lot and see if someone canceled too.

Anyone here know how to tell OK computer pressings apart? I'm looking and I'm 90% sure I just got one that's original.

By using Discogs ;)

Are they all the same? If it's 180 gram, it's a repress. If the matrix has a Capitol stamp, it's the US repress. That's all I know without using Discogs.

Told them I have surgery on next Friday, they schedule me for 8 hours a day for the next week straight.

Welcome to the wonderful world of grocery store back departments! Hospital should give you at LEAST a 48 medical excuse which legally prohibits them from penalizing you for not going to work.

Pay double, or sell for double. That's a really strange and shitty coincidence you'd buy the last ticket. Maybe check back a lot and see if someone canceled too.

I'll probably bite the bullet and get one on Stubhub.

We used to go to several shows a month before we had the boys, so now it's more about us having that time together...the show is just a bonus. I could drop the same amount of money on dinner for the kids if we ended up going out instead of to the show that I will spend on the upcharge for the second ticket.

It's just the frustration of buying the last individual ticket. I should buy a lotto ticket on the way home.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic