I'm not sure about your state but in SC, windshields are free to replace with auto insurance because it's considered "safety equipment"

I'd have to pay a deductible here if I went through my insurance, and my deductible is $500, so out of pocket looks a lot cheaper.

morning all

Apparently, Jack White tried to fight Pat Carney last night in NYC.  Random.  Carney tweeted about it.  Funny.

It might get loud but it might also get really really sad and pathetic.

— Patrick Carney (@patrickcarney) September 14, 2015

Jack white is basically billy corgan's dumb ass zero t-shirt in human form.

— Patrick Carney (@patrickcarney) September 14, 2015

https://twitter.com/patrickcarney?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Jack White is an interesting character.

Anyone ever use Safelite to replace their windshield? My is super scratched, and it makes driving into the sun (which I have to do every morning) horrible. The price quote is only $220, which seems sorta cheap, so I'm curious about their quaility.

Yes, safelite is a good company to use. They're corporate so you you might be able to find a local place to do it cheaper, but $220 isn't bad at all. It's about what I paid for mine a few months back. 

Jack White is an interesting character.

character for sure.  interesting?  not so much.  

of course, I'm not a musician that constantly has to produce something, so I haven't a clue about having to deal w notes bouncing around in my head all day.  there probably isn't enough hrs in the day for that man.

the Billy Corgan comment made me giggle though

I'll probably go with them, I see them in our parking deck at work once a week replacing windshields, just wanted a confirmation. I had my back window replaced a few years ago, it got busted by hail, and it was close to $1k. My car is a hatch back, so it was big and they had to rewire the heater in, so made sense. My insurance covered that. The scratched windshield needs to go.

Update (9:26 a.m.): In a statement provided to Pitchfork, White responded to Carney's claims. "Nobody tried to fight you, Patrick," he said. "Nobody touched you or 'bullied' you. You were asked a question you couldn’t answer so you walked away. So quit whining to the Internet and speak face to face like a human being. End of story."

Update (9:57 a.m.): Carney has elaborated on his tweets, via a statement provided by a representative: "I got into music because of people like him. The bully assholes who made me feel like nothing. Music was a collaborative and non competitive thing. So, to get macho bullshit from within the musical community makes me angry and sad."

That was quick.  

Media running w this is what causes this shite.

Anyone ever use Safelite to replace their windshield? My is super scratched, and it makes driving into the sun (which I have to do every morning) horrible. The price quote is only $220, which seems sorta cheap, so I'm curious about their quaility.

i have. they do great work.

Getting off at noon today to see round 2 of FOO!

I'm hoping there is a pop up shop today so I can go get all my merch before hand.

If not I'm bringing a backpack with a poster tube. It'll be safe since the crowd doesn't get too rowdy, unless I start it. ; )

I'm wondering when to get over there though. Doors probably open at 7, but since the floor is a lot larger than Gorge I'm thinking of getting there pretty early and just sitting there all day. Haha. It'll be worth it. I'm thinking like 3PM. 

Getting off at noon today to see round 2 of FOO!

I'm hoping there is a pop up shop today so I can go get all my merch before hand.

If not I'm bringing a backpack with a poster tube. It'll be safe since the crowd doesn't get too rowdy, unless I start it. ; )

I'm wondering when to get over there though. Doors probably open at 7, but since the floor is a lot larger than Gorge I'm thinking of getting there pretty early and just sitting there all day. Haha. It'll be worth it. I'm thinking like 3PM. 

Going with the same girl?

I don't know why, but I've got it in my head that I want a vintage Thorens turntable. There is a shop in town that restores them, but he only has stock in his store an hour out of town. Might make a trip down Saturday and check them out, if the prices are not insane.

Has anyone ever had to contend with one's spouse and one's parents just completely hating/detesting/reviling one another? It is a stressor the likes of which I would not wish upon my worst enemy.

Yup my fiancée's parents have been divorced for 20 years and they are so passive aggressive toward each other it's ridiculous. They just need to sleep together again and get it out.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic