Mad Max was pretty good, but nowhere near the cinematic masterpiece everyone made it out to be.

Fight me, Bruce.

post-66216-mad-max-thats-bait-gif-imgur-

^_^. Yesssssssss

The post office just gives me so much anxiety.

Totally understandable. Life gives me anxiety.

I still have to send you something.

I have no idea what.

My girlfriend made a soup out of pumpkin and butternut squash. It was delightful. Then she made pasta using the soup as a sauce. It was also delightful.

Pumpkin is alright with me.

that sounds delicious. How do I get on that level ? Yesterday, bear and I made pizza and I tried to make it in the shape of a turtle but it looked like a blob.

And that's the height of my cooking skills !

Agree agree agree !! I would be a horrible seller. I'm also extremely slow to ship things and I would piss off every buyer.

Same! It took me a good amount of time to get out Jared's books and even though it wasn't a sale I felt terrible.

I would be chased out of here with torches and pitchforks if I started selling.

Good morning.

It's my Friday.

Beach tomorrow.

Mad Max was pretty good, but nowhere near the cinematic masterpiece everyone made it out to be.

Fight me, Bruce.

All I ask is that you acknowledge that it's dope.

It's just fun, well shot, and it trusts the audience. We need more movies like that. I get not thinking it's a masterpiece (only time will tell) but we need more movies like it.

that sounds delicious. How do I get on that level ? Yesterday, bear and I made pizza and I tried to make it in the shape of a turtle but it looked like a blob.

And that's the height of my cooking skills !

I helped and it was really easy. I have zero cooking skills. I can barely fry an egg. We but up and cubed a small pie pumpkin and a butternut squash. I think the base of the soup was some coconut milk and then we juiced two carrots and two stalks of celery. Threw it all in the crock pot for 7 hours and stirred ocassionaly.

All I ask is that you acknowledge that it's dope.

It's just fun, well shot, and it trusts the audience. We need more movies like that. I get not thinking it's a masterpiece (only time will tell) but we need more movies like it.

It's an action movie... arguably the best action movie of the last 15 years

It's........ not a redo.

fair enough. thought he would have changed the name up.

Written and directed by the same guy. He's said it's just another Max story rather than a sequel in terms of timeline. There are two more coming and I'm cautiously stoked

ok ok. i can do this then.

Yeah I usually say it's the best action movie of at least the last decade.

In terms of vehicular action, I'd agree. In terms of straight-up gun/close combat action violence, I'd have to go with Dredd.

fair enough. thought he would have changed the name up.

ok ok. i can do this then.

I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I just REALLY appreciated the choreography, staging, and editing of all the action. Plus, the fact that most of the effects and stunts were practical. They used CGI right, as a compliment rather than the main thing. Plus the editing was coherent. You don't get a lot of that these days with the Bourne movies and that Transformers garbage.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic