Oh fuck.

So true.

Right now I'm listening to this band 'cause they thirst-followed me on Instagram but holy shit I'm really glad I gave them a shot. I'm just now finishing up the first song.

http://foreverlosingsleep.bandcamp.com/

As far as top 10 fav albums right now... I'll list a few that come to my mind at the moment, in no order:

Colors - BTBAM

Juturna - Circa Survive

The Sound of Perseverance - Death

Illuminate - Lydia

All Is Violent, All Is Bright - God is an Astronaut

Sol Eye Sea I - Irepress

Gist Is - Adult Jazz

Maps Of Non-Existent Places - Thank You Scientist

Somewhere At The Bottom... - La Dispute

Fas - Deathspell Omega

I didn't ask for right now! Haha. Everyone is going to take the easy way out! I want top 10 EVER. Top 10 right now is really easy to answer. I want to force people to really reflect on their favorites of all 10. Ten albums you can't live with you / have to have on an island / can sing every word to / know everything about it / can't go more than a few days without listening to / are older than 5 years / would be the albums you could listen to for the rest of your life and be happy.

Oh fuck.

So true.

Right now I'm listening to this band 'cause they thirst-followed me on Instagram but holy shit I'm really glad I gave them a shot. I'm just now finishing up the first song.

http://foreverlosingsleep.bandcamp.com/

As far as top 10 fav albums right now... I'll list a few that come to my mind at the moment, in no order:

Colors - BTBAM

Juturna - Circa Survive

The Sound of Perseverance - Death

Illuminate - Lydia

All Is Violent, All Is Bright - God is an Astronaut

Sol Eye Sea I - Irepress

Gist Is - Adult Jazz

Maps Of Non-Existent Places - Thank You Scientist

Somewhere At The Bottom... - La Dispute

Fas - Deathspell Omega

Fuck yes, Thank You Scientist

I didn't ask for right now! Haha. Everyone is going to take the easy way out! I want top 10 EVER. Top 10 right now is really easy to answer. I want to force people to really reflect on their favorites of all 10. Ten albums you can't live with you / have to have on an island / can sing every word to / know everything about it / can't go more than a few days without listening to / are older than 5 years / would be the albums you could listen to for the rest of your life and be happy.

Hmm. Let me think about it.

That's not really narrowing things down at all. Haha.

Let me know what they say. I'm interested to hear.

And yes, yes you do. Mylene has the remastered version in stock still.

Will do. Also just bought that from the Mylene, so will have to wait until next week, or if I sell some more stuff to buy some more stuff.

I'll play this game.

I did think hard. There were tons of albums I thought about that I currently love and loved in the past I decided to not put on there, like Doppelgänger - Fall of Troy, Hybrid Theory - Linkin Park, Overcast! - Atmosphere, the two Das Racist mixtapes, any release by Lantlos or Alcest, etc. The only things that you listed that don't apply are: I don't know all the words to the last two albums I listed, and some of them are not older than 5 years. I'm definitely thinking if there are any more candidates that would overrun those albums...

Colors, Juturna, The Sound Of Perseverance, and Illuminate would definitely make the final list, though. No doubt about that.

I NEED TO COMPLETE THE DISCOGRPHAY SO BADLY. CHUCK KICKS SO MUCH ASS. AND THE CONTROL DENIED. I NEED THAT TOO. FUCK MAKE REPRESSES HAPPEN PLEASE BEFORE REZQUA HAS TO INVENT NEW PROFANITY AND SOMETHING MORE AGGRESSIVE THAN CAPS LOCK

The worst part is I think in this decade there has been a Sound of Perseverance repress and it's still terribly hard to find. It's definitely a white whale of mine. I could do without Scream Bloody Gore, though. :P

I did think hard. There were tons of albums I thought about that I currently love and loved in the past I decided to not put on there, like Doppelgänger - Fall of Troy, Hybrid Theory - Linkin Park, Overcast! - Atmosphere, the two Das Racist mixtapes, any release by Lantlos or Alcest, etc. The only things that you listed that don't apply are: I don't know all the words to the last two albums I listed, and some of them are not older than 5 years. I'm definitely thinking if there are any more candidates that would overrun those albums...

Colors, Juturna, The Sound Of Perseverance, and Illuminate would definitely make the final list, though. No doubt about that.

I couldn't pick a favorite Death release. They're just all so fucking great in their own way.

I couldn't pick a favorite Death release. They're just all so fucking great in their own way.

No doubt about that. I guess this falls in the influential category, but The Sound of Perseverance was what made me realize how shitty most of the -core stuff I was listening to at the time. It really opened my eyes to the world of metal and it holds a special place in my heart that none of their other albums can overtake. Fuck. I need more Death vinyl in general. I always find myself thinking: "If Chuck were still alive, imagine the music he'd be creating today."

I've been a fan for a while, so it wasn't me. Their new album is due in January, I'm so excited for it.

I was so psyched to find out they had been signed and MoNEP was getting a vinyl release. I found the album on Bandcamp back in 2013 and kinda forgot about it. That news came out of nowhere and I fell in love with the album again. I saw them on their Periphery tour (got The Perils of Time Travel, and had them sign it. Trumpet player drew a dick on the CD. I love it.), and they played two new songs that fucking rocked it. I'm really pumped, too.

Man every time I think of one, I think of why it would not be in my favorite of all time. I think I have 3/10 so far, maybe. 

That's exactly the best way to do it, though! :P

Fuck. I just remembered about In A Flesh Aquarium - Unexpect. That needs to be on my list somewhere... Who do I kick off? :(

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic