// John Fogerty

// Allman Brothers

// Gram Parsons

// Marhshall Tucker Band

// Loretta Lynn

// Buck Owens

// The Louvin Brothers

// Johnny Cash

* - various time periods and subgenres, not just pure old school country.

I'm pretty disappointed in that statement. As it makes me think less of you and you should go hold hands with Gumbo. Now I know you won't care because I'm just a random bloke on the internet. I will admit I'm not as big of a sublime fan as I once was and the main reason I included it on my list was due to sentimental value. But as subjective as music is, that was just a stupid comment.

I don't know which is worse, listening to Sublime or Gumbo talk, fuck.

I don't really understand your comparison. Is it cause he hates Sublime? That dude is a fucking moron. I don't take anything he says into consideration.

I don't actually think you're garbage, but Sublime is still awful.

And I didn't ask for a sentimental / nostalgia / influential list. Purely Top 10 favorite albums of ALL TIME. C'mon, guys. Too many of you are straying from the value of this list.

What's your beef with Sublime? I mean, if you've heard one or two songs, chances are you've been unknowingly sampling the self-titled, which is easily my least favorite of theirs. 40oz is a different game.

Yuck. Pseudo-rasta, bullshit radio stoner rock.

I don't know which is worse, listening to Sublime or Gumbo talk, fuck.

I don't really understand your comparison. Is it cause he hates Sublime? That dude is a fucking moron. I don't take anything he says into consideration.

I don't actually think you're garbage, but Sublime is still awful.

And I didn't ask for a sentimental / nostalgia / influential list. Purely Top 10 favorite albums of ALL TIME. C'mon, guys. Too many of you are straying from the value of this list.

My comparison to gumbo was that bullshit was coming out his mouth. And I guess I missed what kinda list you actually wanted and I'll admit I didn't go back and read. If I'm going to take the sentimental value out and replace it with something superior musically, I'm going with pink Floyd "wish you were here"

What's your beef with Sublime? I mean, if you've heard one or two songs, chances are you've been unknowingly sampling the self-titled, which is easily my least favorite of theirs. 40oz is a different game.

I never base my opinions of a band off one or two songs, or even one of two albums. I hate when people listen to one song and judge their entire opinion of a band off it. That's just stupid. I've been unfortunately subjected to Sublime for way too long; longer than you've been alive. I'm almost 30, so this isn't like I heard them last week and I'm all "fuck that, band, I heard (insert single) and it's crap!". I don't just hate 40oz. It's all garbage. That whole genre is trash.

Next you're going to tell me to revisit 311's catalog.

I never base my opinions of a band off one or two songs, or even one of two albums. I hate when people listen to one song and judge their entire opinion of a band off it. That's just stupid. I've been unfortunately subjected to Sublime for way too long; longer than you've been alive. I'm almost 30, so this isn't like I heard them last week and I'm all "fuck that, band, I heard (insert single) and it's crap!". I don't just hate 40oz. It's all garbage. That whole genre is trash.

Next you're going to tell me to revisit 311's catalog.

No need to get so defensive, just asked why you didn't like it  ;)

...which, come to think of it, was only really reiterated and never expanded upon. Unless you're letting John speak for you, in which case, that answer suffices.

My comparison to gumbo was that bullshit was coming out his mouth. And I guess I missed what kinda list you actually wanted and I'll admit I didn't go back and read. If I'm going to take the sentimental value out and replace it with something superior musically, I'm going with pink Floyd "wish you were here"

Pure Top 10 albums of all time, man. Try not to let nostalgia or things like that influence it. I want the top 10 albums you could listen to over and over for the rest of your life and be content. Not the albums that influenced you the most, or that make you the happiest, remind you of a better time, yada yada. I want the 10 albums that you could say 'Yeah, these are the only albums I need ever', and have no unwavering, no doubts in your mind.

And I probably won't make a list because I'll just piss everyone off. 

#1 isn't hard to guess, though, if you just look to the left of all my posts  ;)

No one is getting pissed off, it's all in good fun. Everyone has different musical tastes, and that's what makes it so interesting. People can judge those tastes though ;).

No need to get so defensive, just asked why you didn't like it  ;)

...which, come to think of it, was only really reiterated and never expanded upon. Unless you're letting John speak for you, in which case, that answer suffices.

Haha I'm not mad at you or anything, dude (<3). I just really hate that band. And John sums it up pretty well. Plus the less time I think about that poor excuse for a band the better.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic