Not saying all the material contained isn't wonderful, but with such an expansive and wonderful catalog, it's almost vulgar to cherry pick a handful of songs from some one so amazing... Same with Dylan....thoughts?

Agreed. Greatest Hits is a cop out. Not only are most of them not the 'greatest', but just a collection of radio singles. Fuck that.

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Damn The Torpedoes

* Crazy to think that Grohl was going to drum for them, but decided to do his own project instead (which was later named Foo Fighters).

Bob Dylan - Slow Train Coming

Agreed. Greatest Hits is a cop out. Not only are most of them not the 'greatest', but just a collection of radio singles. Fuck that.

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Damn The Torpedoes

* Crazy to think that Grohl was going to drum for them, but decided to do his own project instead (which was later named Foo Fighters).

Bob Dylan - Slow Train Coming

Damn the Torpedos is the first album I bought on vinyl.

Greatest Hits IS a cop out answer, but if someone said their favorite Tom Petty album was his GH I wouldn't fault them. It's a monster of a compilation. Same with REM's.

I'm sure someone has already asked, but how are you feeling Jason? 

Thanks T3, I feel much better than I did Thursday evening/Friday morning, thanks for asking. I certainly did not see it coming at all. Finally got some pain meds in me now and the hurting has eased for now. Thank you modern chemistry :D

Thanks T3, I feel much better than I did Thursday evening/Friday morning, thanks for asking. I certainly did not see it coming at all. Finally got some pain meds in me now and the hurting has eased for now. Thank you modern chemistry :D

Nice, glad to hear it. Wish you a speedy recovery my friend.

That dude is a chameleon and changed even more than Bowie. I can see it being cherry picked, but a greatest hits as a pick is still way out of the question. Top 10 Dylan songs would be interesting.

He has some great albums but I'd rather listen to his GH than any of them.

I do agree it's a cop out and not acceptable in a top 10. Part of the reason I didn't put Stop Making Sense on mine.

Honestly, Dylan is an artist who is better cherry picked.

I can honestly go either way, but love I deep cuts over radio singles like Matt was saying most "Greatest Hits" albums are. I can't honestly say I wasn't kind of taken aback my first time listening to Nashville Skyline and hearing that Jim Neighbors like Croon he uses. But the bulk of his output is solid and can't chiseled away at by a dozen tracks on a single disc, 

For public knowledge: I was just informed of how much of an ass I made of myself while in pre-op friday morning after being given a LOT of valium... Apparently I told the anesthesiologist I needed "some of this shit to take home and smoke it in a bong".....and also i told the orderly we needed a joint....  my life is a never ending wonder

For public knowledge: I was just informed of how much of an ass I made of myself while in pre-op friday morning after being given a LOT of valium... Apparently I told the anesthesiologist I needed "some of this shit to take home and smoke it in a bong".....and also i told the orderly we needed a joint.... my life is a never ending wonder

Meanwhile, after my hernia surgery as I was waking up from the anesthesia I was dreaming I was at work (the beep of the heart monitor sounded like the scanner at the grocery store I worked at) and said "I was dreaming I was at work. That's fucking dumb" while STILL COMPLETELY OUT OF IT. This overly religious nurse started screaming at me not to swear and that's what woke me up.

Meanwhile, after my hernia surgery as I was waking up from the anesthesia I was dreaming I was at work (the beep of the heart monitor sounded like the scanner at the grocery store I worked at) and said "I was dreaming I was at work. That's fucking dumb" while STILL COMPLETELY OUT OF IT. This overly religious nurse started screaming at me not to swear and that's what woke me up.

How long is this shit going to hurt?

How long is this shit going to hurt?

Oh god you must have missed the discussion last night...

Awhile :( Try not to fart, cough, or sneeze. It feels like getting stabbed. I couldn't really move around for a week and a half. I couldn't lift anything or ejaculate for a mknth

What kind of hernia was it?

Oh god you must have missed the discussion last night...

Awhile :( Try not to fart, cough, or sneeze. It feels like getting stabbed. I couldn't really move around for a week and a half. I couldn't lift anything or ejaculate for a mknth

What kind of hernia was it?

Navel one I had for over a decade. Always thought it was my intestine, but turned out to just but a corpuscle of fat lining that broke through so I didn't have to get meshing put in, just an old fashion straight sew up job after they took my appendix out through it. Coughing seems to be the biggest bitch of all really, which is a huge issue for a pot head lol

Navel one I had for over a decade. Always thought it was my intestine, but turned out to just but a corpuscle of fat lining that broke through so I didn't have to get meshing put in, just an old fashion straight sew up job after they took my appendix out through it. Coughing seems to be the biggest bitch of all really, which is a huge issue for a pot head lol

Sounds like you'll have a better time than me, mine was in my groin.

Sounds like you'll have a better time than me, mine was in my groin.

I've wondered if there is difference in healing time/pain degradation of each or if they kinda run at the same pace. I'm not supposed to pick up anything over ten pounds for a few weeks I think, maybe a month or so. 

I'm getting really fucking sick of applying for jobs. Why do I have to sign up for a different website for every damn job? Why do I have to type out all of my information, then also upload my resume with that same information on it. It is so fucking asinine and grating. 

Well you missed last night when I said my scrotum was the size of a grapefruit, ha. You should definitely have a better time than me.

My mid section looks like it has a smiley face with a slightly off centered mouth on it in band aids and bandages lol. There are 4 holes I didn't have when I went there Friday morning. And, apparently I ALSO told the anesthesiologist that "If you want real love, marry a fat girl..There booties are big and warm..." My wife said she was laughing too hard to tell me to shut up. How is it I managed to get such an understanding woman in my life? lol

My mid section looks like it has a smiley face with a slightly off centered mouth on it in band aids and bandages lol. There are 4 holes I didn't have when I went there Friday morning. And, apparently I ALSO told the anesthesiologist that "If you want real love, marry a fat girl..There booties are big and warm..." My wife said she was laughing too hard to tell me to shut up. How is it I managed to get such an understanding woman in my life? lol

I was vomiting after my hernia surgery... worst pain ever

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic