Anyone got any good tricks for keeping the cat from parking herself on top of my receiver? Obviously my old standby "squirt her in the face with a water bottle" is a poor choice in this scenario. I'd really like to avoid having 50 lbs of loose fur fry my fairly expensive new piece of equipment.

Anyone got any good tricks for keeping the cat from parking herself on top of my receiver? Obviously my old standby "squirt her in the face with a water bottle" is a poor choice in this scenario. I'd really like to avoid having 50 lbs of loose fur fry my fairly expensive new piece of equipment.

Put something on it they wouldn't like but wouldn't really hurt? I can't think of what that would be though :c

Get rid of that cat.

She probably likes it because it's warm.  Does the squirt bottle scare her enough that she'll move if you point it at her?

Canister of compressed air with a motion sensor. Like $20 at a pet store. It's how we keep the cats away from corners they think are ok to pee in.

Canister of compressed air with a motion sensor. Like $20 at a pet store. It's how we keep the cats away from corners they think are ok to pee in.

That's pretty fucking genius. Better than our solution for when the dogs were eating the sofa. My dad smeared powdered cayenne pepper on the part they'd been chewing and they haven't fucked with it since the one time they learned.

She probably likes it because it's warm.  Does the squirt bottle scare her enough that she'll move if you point it at her?

Half the time when I pick up the squirt bottle, she runs away from whatever shenanigans she was getting herself involved with; the other half the time, she just looks at me like "what? bring it." She's a punk.

I don't post on here much anymore, but need to more or less use the anonymity of the internet to complain for two seconds.

Fuck winter.  I got down with work at 1130.  It's now 330 and I'm two blocks from home still.  Took us over an hour to shovel our way out the parking lot at work because they forgot to set up a plow service for this year.  Ended up stopping and shoveling / pushing at least 5 cars on the way.  No way can I make it down my road so my car is going to sit on the nearest plowed street till morning.  ...but also after stopping and helping people push their cars out I managed to leave my door open and drained the battery.  So now I'm two blocks from home with a dead battery.  I get to grab some tools take out the battery, come back home and use the trickle charger to recharge the battery and hope they don't tow my car for being illegally parked on a street. On top of that the guys who I stopped to help push / shovel their cars that lead to me draining my battery were cops.  Not that that matters in the least, but, uh yeah, fuck the po po.

In the morning I get to assemble the snowblower I just bought.  So that is fun.

Complaint over, and not really a complaint, it's just the nature of Wisconsin winters.  I just wanted to take a 10 minute break before I head back out to get the battery.

Hope all of ya'll are doing wonderfully stupendeous.  May your new year be filled with all the vinyl.  All the damn vinyl you could ever want.  

Oh, and I'm reaching the point of no sleep where I think I'm begining to loose my mind.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic