Because of the cold?

Morning all.

i'm hoping that's all its from. 2.5 hrs late to work bc of it =[

ALSO i was charged $400 for my health insurance premium that i terminated on 12/31/15. they said i gotta fill out all this paperwork to properly terminate it (which i wasnt told when i called at the beginning of december to make sure everything was in order since i was joining my employers plan on 1/1/16) and that it'll take 30 days for a refund. ugh. today is not my day.

haha, nice. I don't have an credit cards, and I like it that way.

I fucked my credit up in my early 20's, when I moved to Florida. For years, I couldn't even get a credit card. Now, my credit score is so damn good. Last I checked I was up to a 760. Car financing helps big time, as long as you make the payments on time, and both the lady and I took out cards, bought stuff, and paid off the balances to help it as well.

i'm hoping that's all its from. 2.5 hrs late to work bc of it =[

ALSO i was charged $400 for my health insurance premium that i terminated on 12/31/15. they said i gotta fill out all this paperwork to properly terminate it (which i wasnt told when i called at the beginning of december to make sure everything was in order since i was joining my employers plan on 1/1/16) and that it'll take 30 days for a refund. ugh. today is not my day.

Insurance companies suck.

As for the battery, it was most likely from the cold. If you're weather has been the same as ours, it's gone from warm to quite cold quick, which is never good for a battery. Batteries should last longer than 2 years, but your cold cranking amps might going bad. You can always get it checked for free at an auto parts store, just don't let them convince you you need a new battery if you don't think you do. They should give you a print out with a bunch of values on it, that you can compare online.

I fucked my credit up in my early 20's, when I moved to Florida. For years, I couldn't even get a credit card. Now, my credit score is so damn good. Last I checked I was up to a 760. Car financing helps big time, as long as you make the payments on time, and both the lady and I took out cards, bought stuff, and paid off the balances to help it as well.

thats how my bf was too. his was awwwful. its getting better, but not quite as good as yours just yet. i am very proud of my credit score tho lol. i have an 826 :)

Insurance companies suck.

As for the battery, it was most likely from the cold. If you're weather has been the same as ours, it's gone from warm to quite cold quick, which is never good for a battery. Batteries should last longer than 2 years, but your cold cranking amps might going bad. You can always get it checked for free at an auto parts store, just don't let them convince you you need a new battery if you don't think you do. They should give you a print out with a bunch of values on it, that you can compare online.

thanks for this info! i hope its ok from now on. i also didnt drive it much this weekend bc of the holiday and all that.

I have no clue what my credit score is, but it's not bad since I qualified for a $100k loan a few years back. I'm pretty sure it's from car and cell payments, but I'm not sure. I had one credit card when I was 20, since I got zero interest for a year on appliances, and paid it off in like 3 months so I'm sure that helped.

Damn tires being so expensive. I doubt my current ones are going to work well if it snows more, since they are pretty worn. Even if I go with the cheapest all-season tires I an find, the Kelly Edge, and my 15% employee discount (corp. employees get 30%, lucky bastards), it's still like $500 for 4 tires, installation and an alignment.

Edit: I do have snow tires, but I have not had to use them in 3 years. If they have not dry rotted, maybe I'll sell them to cover my cost. I really only needed them 2 or 3 years, when we got a lot of snow.

Damn tires being so expensive. I doubt my current ones are going to work well if it snows more, since they are pretty worn. Even if I go with the cheapest all-season tires I an find, the Kelly Edge, and my 15% employee discount (corp. employees get 30%, lucky bastards), it's still like $500 for 4 tires, installation and an alignment.

These are the things I already don't miss about not having a car anymore. I always got used tires because who can afford new tires all the time? It's insane what they cost even if you go get cheapo Walmart ones...

These are the things I already don't miss about not having a car anymore. I always got used tires because who can afford new tires all the time? It's insane what they cost even if you go get cheapo Walmart ones...

I don't trust used or cheap tires. I've always gotten pretty nice ones, that cost $100+ a tire, but these Kelly's are getting really good reviews and the guy at the shop where I got my tire patched said they were really nice, easy to balance, good ride and good warranty for the price. They are still $86/tire. At least they are goodyears, so I get my discount.

I hate cars, I wish I didn't need one. I still need to get my O2 sensor fixed too. My check engine light has not come on in a while, so maybe I should try to get my e-check done this week. Hopefully it passes with it off, because you only get one free e-check every 2 years. It's like $50 after that. I need to get it done before the end of Feb. though, so I can renew my tags.

I bought my car in Dec. 2013 with 70k miles; it currently has about 128k. Some of that can be chalked up to multiple trips from NH to PA and back, about 1100 mile round trip, to visit family. Mostly it's from work though. I average about 250-300 miles per week just with reimbursable mileage, not counting personal driving & commuting.

Well if you enjoy it, why part with it? $60 is a lot for a 7", but if it means more than that there is no problem. You'd be stupid if you turned down a $150+ offer though.

Well if you enjoy it, why part with it? $60 is a lot for a 7", but if it means more than that there is no problem. You'd be stupid if you turned down a $150+ offer though.

Yeah, I'd have to let it go for that much. I paid $16 though. I hardly ever listen to it because the songs honestly aren't that great but I love the hell out of the thing based on the name attached to it.

Looks like there have been three total sales on Discogs too. One is mine for $16, and the other two were $75 and $80

Yeah, I'd have to let it go for that much. I paid $16 though. I hardly ever listen to it because the songs honestly aren't that great but I love the hell out of the thing based on the name attached to it.

Looks like there have been three total sales on Discogs too. One is mine for $16, and the other two were $75 and $80

Speaking of this, does anyone happen to randomly have an empty MiniDisc, or better yet, an empty MiniDisc and a way to burn tracks? Based off my comment/observation from last night I'd weeb my pants if I could put those two tracks on one.

I bought my car in Dec. 2013 with 70k miles; it currently has about 128k. Some of that can be chalked up to multiple trips from NH to PA and back, about 1100 mile round trip, to visit family. Mostly it's from work though. I average about 250-300 miles per week just with reimbursable mileage, not counting personal driving & commuting.

Do you get an allowance up front or do you get paid for mileage? I kinda wish I got an allowance, because I've heard from guys that get one that they then claim the mileage on their taxes as well. I can't remember what I claimed last year for my mileage, but it wasn't a lot since I hadn't been with the company long. This year is a whole bunch.

Every time someone posts something for sale with certain tags I keep forgetting I already own stuff until I click. "Graveface" tag just got me hoping he had Appleseed Cast stuff but I already own all their releases minus a 7". I may have too many records :c

You don't have too many records until you physically cannot store them.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic